Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

73Robbo

Which Sunglasses? Just Interested

=.=' sad la. Then nx time no nd me run with u cause i follow sotong's words "unity is strength". Lol...

next time I'll make u do 50 push up plus 60 sit up after 15km run, sure ur "unity" will be gone in no time :cool_grin:

U r always torturing me. Haha... I did extra 5km after finishing with you. Now I am so tired. Arghhhh... must get back to topic. Don't OT. Haha...

=.=' sad la. Then nx time no nd me run with u cause i follow sotong's words "unity is strength". Lol...

next time I'll make u do 50 push up plus 60 sit up after 15km run, sure ur "unity" will be gone in no time :cool_grin:

For people with flater nose, try wearing a lite running cap and then your shades. Leave the end of your shades under the cap and it should prevent your shades from sliding down your nose. If not get something from rudy project by which you can adjust the nose bridge to suit you.

I use sunglasses from UNIQLO in Japan. Fantastic quality @ 1050YEN (~S$15), 100% UV + Anti Fog treated + Polarized. Unfortunately only avai in 3 tints.

Hi I was thinking of buying my first pair of sunglasses for running and I need some advice.

1. First of all is it cheaper to buy from http://oakley.com/ ? Anyone tried buying from that website before?

2. I got quite a small face. Is Oakley M-frame, Flak Jacket or Radar more suitable for me? What are the difference beside these 3 (eg. repels water)?

3. To get the lens polarized or not?

4. Which lens color is good? Those black ones or the bright color ones?

Thanks in advance. :)

Unfortunately, we can't buy from the US oakley website, as they don't do overseas shipping. Furthermore, the warranty is only valid in US only. Thirdly, you are just paying a bit more for warranty in singapore if you get the oakley here.

For example, Oakley website stated that a Flak Jacket Silver frame with Fire Iridium normal lens will cost about SGD $260. If inclusive of shipping it will be about SGD $280. But if buy the same specs locally it will cost only $320. Might as well pay $40 more for 1 year warranty and avoid the hassle to go ask ur US friend to buy for you and waiting time.

Eh, I think I'm answering my own questions. :Batting Eyelashes:

Unfortunately, we can't buy from the US oakley website, as they don't do overseas shipping. Furthermore, the warranty is only valid in US only. Thirdly, you are just paying a bit more for warranty in singapore if you get the oakley here.

For example, Oakley website stated that a Flak Jacket Silver frame with Fire Iridium normal lens will cost about SGD $260. If inclusive of shipping it will be about SGD $280. But if buy the same specs locally it will cost only $320. Might as well pay $40 more for 1 year warranty and avoid the hassle to go ask ur US friend to buy for you and waiting time.

well... i m frame hunting recently.... + i still need to get contact lens yet not a 6/6 vision becos of my bad eye sight.... but from what i know if u ship it back to sg its cheaper.... + imo i dun think warranty is useful for sunglass case, if u get ur sunglass scratched it will be under apperance wise, they wont warranty u i think .... i checked oakley spec in some spec shop its all around 400++, i think its cheap if u get it via us if u know how ....

well... i m frame hunting recently.... + i still need to get contact lens yet not a 6/6 vision becos of my bad eye sight.... but from what i know if u ship it back to sg its cheaper.... + imo i dun think warranty is useful for sunglass case, if u get ur sunglass scratched it will be under apperance wise, they wont warranty u i think .... i checked oakley spec in some spec shop its all around 400++, i think its cheap if u get it via us if u know how ....

Actually I found the solution to buy from US oakley website. Go get a Citibank card if you haven't do so and sign up for free for the Borderlink service (http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/edm/cc_globeshopper/edm.htm) and they will ship it over to Singapore.

Another problem solved.

You are right, warranty is not applicable for lens either locally or internationally anyway.

Eh. In that case I think I going to custom make my lens from the US oakley website again.

Does anyone know how to buy extra lens from Oakley website?

Actually I found the solution to buy from US oakley website. Go get a Citibank card if you haven't do so and sign up for free for the Borderlink service (http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/edm/cc_globeshopper/edm.htm) and they will ship it over to Singapore.

Another problem solved.

You are right, warranty is not applicable for lens either locally or internationally anyway.

Eh. In that case I think I going to custom make my lens from the US oakley website again.

well US webby is down....i am still thinking how its done... but i have relative in US, can get them to ship it back for me ...haha but will be v troublesome....

Another problem solved.

well US webby is down....i am still thinking how its done... but i have relative in US, can get them to ship it back for me ...haha but will be v troublesome....

http://oakley.com/

The website got down meh? Still can go ah.

Another problem solved.

it wont load for my case....

Another problem solved.

Still cannot load?

I tried to purchase from the oakley website, but they don't accept any other credit cards except those from US. Therefor I tried using the Borderlinx Concierge service. Anyone tried using that before? If not how did you make purchases from the oakley website?

Another problem solved.

Still cannot load?

I tried to purchase from the oakley website, but they don't accept any other credit cards except those from US. Therefor I tried using the Borderlinx Concierge service. Anyone tried using that before? If not how did you make purchases from the oakley website?

i think i am getting it from the web also, then compromise on contact lens which doest give me 6/6 eyesight @ a super ex cost..... but if u have relative or friend staying in US, u can get them to ship it back .... i think its better and safer this way ....

Another problem solved.

Still cannot load?

i think i am getting it from the web also, then compromise on contact lens which doest give me 6/6 eyesight @ a super ex cost..... but if u have relative or friend staying in US, u can get them to ship it back .... i think its better and safer this way ....

Updates: I tried to use the Borderlinx Concierge service but they requested for more information, saying that I didn't give a specific URL for them to buy the item. But the problem is, that website is created with flash so it's impossible to get the exact URL, esp so I'm getting a custom.

So, I'm going to seek help frm my friend's sister who is in US working right now and got a American credit card to get and ship for me.

So troublesome right.

Not sure if anyone has asked this, so I "Just do it" hehe.

The women flak jacket model does not have Asian fit right?

http://oakley.com/women/pd/4834

Problematic with no nose bridge. zzzzzzzzz. Any other recommendation???

The addidas one seems to fit well, but it look so ugly. haha.

can buy the nose bridge 1 isnt it ??

yeah. Gotta folk out for a nose job, John.

lol... u can find it .... make sure it suits u ....

Maybe you shld go area optical shops in Singapore and try it first before you buy anything from US...but you must be as thick skin as me. :tongue_smilie:

Maybe you shld go area optical shops in Singapore and try it first before you buy anything from US...but you must be as thick skin as me. :tongue_smilie:

have u bought yours ???

There's this promo from Smith Optics for SSBR/AHM runners. Not too sure is this glasses good? There's only the distributor website, and I can't seem to be able to locate this brand in normal optical shops. Not too sure can it fit me..

Not too sure if they can arrange a fitting session for all runners.. haha..

have u bought yours ???

I got a friend staying in US but going back to Singapore for good. Before she leave I asked her to help me to buy back the sunglasses.

I custom made flak jacket (asian fitting) silver frame with black iridium normal polarized lens. In addition one extra pair of fire normal polarized lens and cleaning kit. All together only USD $329.95 / S$448+. Free shipping because my friend will bring back for me. :)

have u bought yours ???

I got a friend staying in US but going back to Singapore for good. Before she leave I asked her to help me to buy back the sunglasses.

I custom made flak jacket (asian fitting) silver frame with black iridium normal polarized lens. In addition one extra pair of fire normal polarized lens and cleaning kit. All together only USD $329.95 / S$448+. Free shipping because my friend will bring back for me. :)

shooik la ... lol

anyone know of one shop where we can see all range/all brands of sunglasses...just wanna try try but not buying unless price is good....?

anyone know of one shop where we can see all range/all brands of sunglasses...just wanna try try but not buying unless price is good....?

queensway...