Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

73Robbo

Which Sunglasses? Just Interested

how about the oakley radar? i am choosing between radar or mframe... reason being..the radar has a series of lens that is able to take water better... as in the water will slide off it more...

Ahh the hydrophobic lenses. Not just water, suppose to repel sports drinks & stuff. :) Well I didn't choose Radar or Flak because - (1) more expensive, & (2) didn't fit my face shape - too bulky. Also cos most of my friends own M-frames so we can share lenses. ;) Presumably you're a guy so can take the Radar. I've not used those new hydrophobic lenses so can't comment. But there's a neat video demo on official Oakley website that you can view. I'd rather spend my $$ to get better/ more coloured lenses. Pick appropriate ones for your sports.

I found these 2 parallel importers in Singapore. Much cheaper. There's some explanation abt the warranty stuff on their respective websites if you do some research. I didn't buy from them cos no stock of what I wanted. But quite responsive, just sms them.

http://my-oakley-collection.blogspot.com/

http://singaporevault.com/oakley/restricte...ate-collection/

Happy shopping

PS

For those who are using Oakleys...

I checked the official OAKLEY website, found the cost of M Frame Sweep to be about $144 USD, shipping inclusive. That works out to be less than $200 SGD and I believe it comes with an international warranty (correct me if I am wrong).

Isn't that a better deal than parallel importers or any local dealers.

The only downside is that it might take up to 14 days before you can get the goods. Or is there other downsides to such a deal. Pls advise, anyone

well.. parallel importer have may not have the specific lens and design u want...immediately...

the oakley website... shipping... take time ..and might get lost...

at least there are options...

When I bought extra lenses from Oakely shop in USA last year, they worked out to be abt S$20 cheaper than the Oakley shops here. Not a tremendous savings, but better than none. I believe USD144 shld be for normal lens colour/ tint. Would be much higher if you customize the frame & lenses. But with the strong S$ now, it should be worthwhile buying from USA. :)

For those who are using Oakleys...

I checked the official OAKLEY website, found the cost of M Frame Sweep to be about $144 USD, shipping inclusive. That works out to be less than $200 SGD and I believe it comes with an international warranty (correct me if I am wrong).

Isn't that a better deal than parallel importers or any local dealers.

The only downside is that it might take up to 14 days before you can get the goods. Or is there other downsides to such a deal. Pls advise, anyone

does the official oakley website does international shipping? unable to find this info.

Military personnel can get certain models of oakley at a cheaper rate incl m frame. but the lens is crap ( Grey, blah, blah ) which is not as good as lens like black iridium.

Or u can also go for "Parallel import" Oakley which cost cheaper but without local warranty.

I personally uses an m frame for running and the thing about it is that it is light, nice fit and looks cool

Hi guys..anybody heard of this brand 'safari' for sports sunglasses? saw in some optical shop.. it's going for abt $100 +- for a polarized sports sunglasses. Any reviews on it? Or will uvex be better?

Looking at getting a not-too-ex sunglass for running purpose. Budget pref less than $100.

when lavender just now to get the King's eyewear...as bikynn mention, that shop name is "Sin Hock Hin" shop No: 5071

KY312 (Mirror coating) is $12

KY212 (Non-Mirror coating) is $4.50

KY214 (Mirror coating)is $6.50

Jus a information for all...King's Safety Eyewear comply ANSI Z87.1 and thats a law from Safety Act (used to be Factory Act)

In my company site I have ever drop it and my worker drive a lorry across it....as the result, the lens bended (can say is unbreakable) Is a Gd safety eyewear to recommon to all...

got dis from togoparts forum

can check dis url http://www.kingshoe.com.sg/RangeList.aspx?...=2&range=88 for more info

Thou i dun tink all models are avail la.. Nv tried for runnin only cycling.. works pretty decent

i have one in e Divisa KY214 model.. cheap

hihi..where is the shop located??

when lavender just now to get the King's eyewear...as bikynn mention, that shop name is "Sin Hock Hin" shop No: 5071

KY312 (Mirror coating) is $12

KY212 (Non-Mirror coating) is $4.50

KY214 (Mirror coating)is $6.50

Jus a information for all...King's Safety Eyewear comply ANSI Z87.1 and thats a law from Safety Act (used to be Factory Act)

In my company site I have ever drop it and my worker drive a lorry across it....as the result, the lens bended (can say is unbreakable) Is a Gd safety eyewear to recommon to all...

got dis from togoparts forum

can check dis url http://www.kingshoe.com.sg/RangeList.aspx?...=2&range=88 for more info

Thou i dun tink all models are avail la.. Nv tried for runnin only cycling.. works pretty decent

i have one in e Divisa KY214 model.. cheap

hihi..where is the shop located??

You can get the Kings sunglasses at any shell or Esso/M petrol kiosk. They have a wide range there. Near hte magazine rack once you walk into the petrol Kiosk.

Hope this helps.

Cheers !

Kayano

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone tried fitting prescription lens onto your Oakley before? Anyone out there??

I heard from the normal optical shop assistant that it will look quite awful and obvious on dark colour lens.

I'm thinking of fitting it on the clear lens instead. How would it look like? Anyone seen it before?

Military personnel can get certain models of oakley at a cheaper rate incl m frame. but the lens is crap ( Grey, blah, blah ) which is not as good as lens like black iridium.

Or u can also go for "Parallel import" Oakley which cost cheaper but without local warranty.

I personally uses an m frame for running and the thing about it is that it is light, nice fit and looks cool

Hi Wilb,

Which source did you get your Parallel imported OAKLEY from?

Perhaps I could try to get one M Frame through the same route too. How much did yours cost?

Hi All

Just wondering what shades you guys are running in at the moment?

Oakley Halfjackets? Adidas Gazelles? Rudy Project...? GIANT ownbrand?!!!

Any recommendations for lenses for running in Singapore based on your experience? (Polarised vs non-pol etc etc)

Cheers

Robbo

I use Kontrol Gelshock SP, I find an anti glare mirror tint is supurior to polarised lenses, I bought mine on a visit to Manila a couple of years ago but you can mail order them from Kontrolsports

gelshockSP.jpg

Hi guys. I hv an extra and brand new pair of Kontrol Crystal Mantra RX with adapter. Bght direct from Kontrol for a total of $73. Letting go at $60 (*SOLD).

May i know where to get good and cheap sunglasses with UV protection in Singapore?

the other day i saw running lab have this set of glasses that is 100+ that have 3 lenes.. i think they are decent enough....one kinna dark.. then 1 'yellow' and 1 clear...believe they are UV

i think the adidas ranges are pretty decent... the oakley are of course good...but are not cheap....

go queensway to take a look and see what is avaliable... ask question.. dun bring wallet if u scared that u cannot resist! :D

and go through this thread... its seems to be the 'mother of sunglasses' thread here.. :D

Hi, how's your experience with Banshee for long distance running? Thanks!

The 1 that I lost was Synergy. Now no more liao. Targeting the Banshee.

Just got the Banshee. $99 and comes with spare lenses :smilie_daumen1: . Will try out for run over the weekend.

Hi, how's your experience with Banshee for long distance running? Thanks!
The 1 that I lost was Synergy. Now no more liao. Targeting the Banshee.

Just got the Banshee. $99 and comes with spare lenses :smilie_daumen1: . Will try out for run over the weekend.

I've decided I don't like wearing sunglasses whilst running. A necessary evil only in the worst of circumstances.

I've decided I don't like wearing sunglasses whilst running. A necessary evil only in the worst of circumstances.

why?? Running with sun glasses is good. Can peek at hunks and babes passing by :P.

haha. kidding.

BTW, I don't have ones yet. Maybe should get.

why?? Running with sun glasses is good. Can peek at hunks and babes passing by :P.

haha. kidding.

:cool_grin: U coming on Monday to the NUS run? I can lend you that pair to try try.

haha. kidding.

:cool_grin: U coming on Monday to the NUS run? I can lend you that pair to try try.

I want to try.... :P

Then next time I can wear my contact to run and wear a shwee shwee sun glasses.

haha. kidding.

I want to try.... :P

Then next time I can wear my contact to run and wear a shwee shwee sun glasses.

Ok lah, I'll bring. First come first served.

haha. sure. But I suspect I would be too screwed up to even look up at the NUS run. hehe.

Anyway, i saw Optic Nerve at Running lab. Look cool. But gotta ask them if want to try it out. Quote troublesome..

Nvm de la. Can just try. Then who will la senza peek at when she's wearing sunglasses? Lol...

haha. sure. But I suspect I would be too screwed up to even look up at the NUS run. hehe.

Anyway, i saw Optic Nerve at Running lab. Look cool. But gotta ask them if want to try it out. Quote troublesome..

Nvm de la. Can just try. Then who will la senza peek at when she's wearing sunglasses? Lol...

Peek at those hunk with 6 packs running topless :cool_grin: . who else.

hehe

=.=' sad la. Then nx time no nd me run with u cause i follow sotong's words "unity is strength". Lol...

Peek at those hunk with 6 packs running topless :cool_grin: . who else.

hehe