Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

73Robbo

Which Sunglasses? Just Interested

just wondering, do the shades fog up when u run?

Sometimes they do.

You may wanna get shades with slits at the corner of the lenses. They work well for me.

main_envy_iron.jpg

Yup,oakley has those vented lenses with "holes" on the top part of its lenses so that it will not fog up.

Do you guys recommend wearing contact lens while running? Never tried it myself though... haha

shouldn't be much of a problem, and i've got reason to believe that its qutie commonly done -afterall, we can't say that all rugby players don't need eyesight correction, no? (:

the reason I switch from spect to contact lens is because of sports. I run, swim, bike, suba dive and even wakeboarding in contact lens. So far so good, not much a problem except for wakeboarding (lens can drop out in you fall really hard)

But the main reason for my switch to contact lens.................... so that I can wear sunglasses.

the reason I switch from spect to contact lens is because of sports. I run, swim, bike, suba dive and even wakeboarding in contact lens. So far so good, not much a problem except for wakeboarding (lens can drop out in you fall really hard)

But the main reason for my switch to contact lens.................... so that I can wear sunglasses.

Haha.....Sama sama. Optic Nerve unglass is cheap and good and have the ventilated holes as well. Loss mine last time...Sianz....Need to buy 1 before race season.

Haha.....Sama sama. Optic Nerve unglass is cheap and good and have the ventilated holes as well. Loss mine last time...Sianz....Need to buy 1 before race season.

I just lost my Nike Mojo too about a month ago!

Will need to buy replacement before race season too (Sundown not included)!

Alan,

is Optic Nerve a brand? the ventilated holes sound interesting, as does cheap and good...hehe. U think they will be good for distance running? Where to get more information and price/availability?

Alan,

is Optic Nerve a brand? the ventilated holes sound interesting, as does cheap and good...hehe. U think they will be good for distance running? Where to get more information and price/availability?

Yes yes. Price range is low. About $100. Good for distance running. Certain model have interchangeable lenses. Website: www.nerveusa.com. Available at runninglab.

Alan,

Yes yes. Price range is low. About $100. Good for distance running. Certain model have interchangeable lenses. Website: www.nerveusa.com. Available at runninglab.

thanks for the info.

Will check them out when I go down RL.

Alan,

Hi Alan... Nice meeting U at Dusty Run.... ^_^ Which is model U using for distance running? Any recommendation?

Hi everyone,

Though it may not be necessary during competitions, but I hope to get a pair of sunglasses/ sun visors for the long term. The Singapore sun is getting too glaring for comfort.

I know it's not going to come cheap so I hope to get all the advice that I can.

Which sunglasses do you guys recommend? Where can I get it from? something with UV protection minimum

Thanks

u can refer to this

i followed this link and found lots of useful information/posts...

then i read to the end and found this same post again...interesting

u can refer to this

i followed this link and found lots of useful information/posts...

then i read to the end and found this same post again...interesting

err...cos initially it was in a separate thread now they've been merged...haha now it makes me look like a dum-dum hor..:P

Currently using juliet. Not really lightweight I would say but it sort of looks cool during running. Haha.. best of all it's given by a friend. =)

The 1 that I lost was Synergy. Now no more liao. Targeting the Banshee.

Just got the Banshee. $99 and comes with spare lenses :smilie_daumen1: . Will try out for run over the weekend.

I've tried various shades in my past life. Had 2 pairs of oakley fives, 1 pair of alpina, 1x oakley m-frame, 1x bolle, 1x nike..... Depending on purpose, the shades are good for different activities.

Am now totally in love with my M-frames. I use them for runs, bike, mountaineering, driving, anything under the sun literally. Large coverage that prevent rays from coming entering from the top/ sides. Interchangeable lenses for different conditions. Very light but hardy. rubber nose padding nonslip. Best feature to me, the lens is a singular piece --> which means for cyclists or triathletes, you can peer up and still get a complete vision when on aero-bars. Unlike split (2pc) lenses, when you try to eye the roads on the bike, you can't really see above your nose bridge.

Of cos, Oakleys are damaging on the wallet....... My $2 worth. :)

~PS

how about the oakley radar? i am choosing between radar or mframe... reason being..the radar has a series of lens that is able to take water better... as in the water will slide off it more...

how about the oakley radar? i am choosing between radar or mframe... reason being..the radar has a series of lens that is able to take water better... as in the water will slide off it more...

Ahh the hydrophobic lenses. Not just water, suppose to repel sports drinks & stuff. :) Well I didn't choose Radar or Flak because - (1) more expensive, & (2) didn't fit my face shape - too bulky. Also cos most of my friends own M-frames so we can share lenses. ;) Presumably you're a guy so can take the Radar. I've not used those new hydrophobic lenses so can't comment. But there's a neat video demo on official Oakley website that you can view. I'd rather spend my $$ to get better/ more coloured lenses. Pick appropriate ones for your sports.

I found these 2 parallel importers in Singapore. Much cheaper. There's some explanation abt the warranty stuff on their respective websites if you do some research. I didn't buy from them cos no stock of what I wanted. But quite responsive, just sms them.

http://my-oakley-collection.blogspot.com/

http://singaporevault.com/oakley/restricte...ate-collection/

Happy shopping

PS

Ahh the hydrophobic lenses. Not just water, suppose to repel sports drinks & stuff. :) Well I didn't choose Radar or Flak because - (1) more expensive, & (2) didn't fit my face shape - too bulky. Also cos most of my friends own M-frames so we can share lenses. ;) Presumably you're a guy so can take the Radar. I've not used those new hydrophobic lenses so can't comment. But there's a neat video demo on official Oakley website that you can view. I'd rather spend my $$ to get better/ more coloured lenses. Pick appropriate ones for your sports.

I found these 2 parallel importers in Singapore. Much cheaper. There's some explanation abt the warranty stuff on their respective websites if you do some research. I didn't buy from them cos no stock of what I wanted. But quite responsive, just sms them.

Happy shopping

PS

yes.. the lenses are the only thing that make me want to choose radar... i like the m frame a lot..plus its tried and tested... y in the world they never make those lens for m frame!

thanks for the links... the second is done till 10may

Happy shopping

PS

yes.. the lenses are the only thing that make me want to choose radar... i like the m frame a lot..plus its tried and tested... y in the world they never make those lens for m frame!

My 2c worth.... Go for the M-frames. Go with something that you like and have confidence racing in (& thrashing), as opposed to lenses. :) To me the more important lens technology would be picking the right colours, polarized, iridium etc, rather than repelling water & sweat. If caught in heavy rain, unless you've wipers, I don't think the lens will be totally 'clear'. :) Plus.... the ultimate vanity factor, the M-frame leaves a smaller tanline mark on side of face! ;)

Happy shopping

PS

My 2c worth.... Go for the M-frames. Go with something that you like and have confidence racing in (& thrashing), as opposed to lenses. :) To me the more important lens technology would be picking the right colours, polarized, iridium etc, rather than repelling water & sweat. If caught in heavy rain, unless you've wipers, I don't think the lens will be totally 'clear'. :) Plus.... the ultimate vanity factor, the M-frame leaves a smaller tanline mark on side of face! ;)

i guess vanity wins! hahaha...