Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

73Robbo

Which Sunglasses? Just Interested

Can get Kings sunglass for between to $5-$10 depending on e model at lavender ;)

got a pair for cycling... ehehe... spoil oso wun xim tiah

Can get Kings sunglass for between to $5-$10 depending on e model at lavender ;)

cfred, Kayano,

any recommendations for a reasonable pair of KINGS for running (must be breathe-able on low nose bridge)?

Hey Guys!

Nice topic for me as i am in the optical lens industry!

1st about polarized and non-polarized, non-pol with dye only serve to cut to light transmittion, in times of wet surfaces on the ground, u will still get reflections off it into ur eyes, that is wat POL lenses are meant for. My opinon, since you are getting a pair of sunglasses, might as well get a POL , it should not differ much in price.

2nd abt UV protection. To have UV protection, it is done very simply, by dip coating the finished lenses in UV protectative coat or the lens material itself have the protective function. That means the lens material will absorb the UV rays to prevent it from entering your eyes.

Examples are PC, polycarbonate lens. They are also considered Safe as they will withstand any thrashing... they will not break , trust me! i had done various experiment and karate chops on it before. But bear in mind that its surface is easily scratched if without proper hardcoating. So it is give and taken, u get resistance, but soft surface. But with norm care, it shld nt scratch that easily

another thing abt UV, most opticians shld have a UV meter to see whether lenses block UV or not. U can ask them to try it out for you to verify. UV have a wide range and only a certain range is harmful. Most is absorbed by the earth's atm.

About cheap lenses or glasses, it doesnt really mean that it cannot protect ur eyes compare to expensive one. Most of them will use the same UV coat or for that matter lens material. But 1 thing i find abt cheap lenses is that their decentering isnt done well for wrap ard frames, so u can dizzyness from wearing specs from pasar malam.. haha...

thats all for now , i can try to answer more questions when required!

when lavender just now to get the King's eyewear...as bikynn mention, that shop name is "Sin Hock Hin" shop No: 5071

KY312 (Mirror coating) is $12

KY212 (Non-Mirror coating) is $4.50

KY214 (Mirror coating)is $6.50

Jus a information for all...King's Safety Eyewear comply ANSI Z87.1 and thats a law from Safety Act (used to be Factory Act)

In my company site I have ever drop it and my worker drive a lorry across it....as the result, the lens bended (can say is unbreakable) Is a Gd safety eyewear to recommon to all...

got dis from togoparts forum

can check dis url http://www.kingshoe.com.sg/RangeList.aspx?...=2&range=88 for more info

Thou i dun tink all models are avail la.. Nv tried for runnin only cycling.. works pretty decent

i have one in e Divisa KY214 model.. cheap

That is basically just Polycarbone or PC lenses. It is the basic property of the lens material.

They had shot bullets at it and they do not break.

U shld be able to get a PC lenses rather easily and all shld exhibit the same characterisitcs.

But of course different companys will brand their PC as different names, like King's , Airwear , etc.....

I had given presentations and smashed my company's PC lenses with hammers and so on, never broke....

Any recommendation for flat nose? Cos I realised most glasses are made for high nose bridge. Mine is not high, so many a times the glasses rest on my cheek instead of my nose bridge :(

Me too not gg spend too much, around $150 would be good. Btw, I female. Any good recommendation?

I'm also flat nose... I'm using Polariod now which serves me very well... cost $150 and it's polarized. Another brand I find quite good is Skyline, which you can get at some petrol stations... cost abt $39.95 ... cheap, good and looks good too ... :)

Anybody know of any good sunglasses that is able to be fitted with a quality prescription lens?

Anybody know of any good sunglasses that is able to be fitted with a quality prescription lens?

Many different styles of Oakleys can be made up with prescription lenses. If you check out www.oakley.com and look for the store locator, you'll see a dozen or so places in Singapore but most importantly look for those ones that do the prescription eyewear. From memory, several Capitol Optical places do prescritpion Oakleys - Plaza Singapura, Raffles City were a couple of places I've been to before.

for the Kings sunglass, can you add lens to it? I am wearing glasses now (200+ deg) and need lens. any idea how much it will cause to add the lens?

for the Kings sunglass, can you add lens to it? I am wearing glasses now (200+ deg) and need lens. any idea how much it will cause to add the lens?

Don't think so, cos these are safety glasses for ppl doing workshop and outdoor welding. last time i ask about it in lavender, they don't have attachment.

If have, i already brough already. I have the same situation w u, abt the same degreee. Also don't like to wear contact lens.

I just went to an optician in VivoCity last night. I was interested in the Oakley and Rudy Project shades but the guy almost flipped when I said I had myopia of almost 800 degrees. He said there was no way that the shades could accommodate such a high prescription, so I was pretty disappointed. He offered me a frame which was for normal spectacles where the lens could be made into shades but to me it didn't offer much protection from the sun because it wasn't the wraparound type. :(

OK so I'm thinking of Lasik (sorry another random thought of mine). <_<

I just went to an optician in VivoCity last night. I was interested in the Oakley and Rudy Project shades but the guy almost flipped when I said I had myopia of almost 800 degrees. He said there was no way that the shades could accommodate such a high prescription, so I was pretty disappointed. He offered me a frame which was for normal spectacles where the lens could be made into shades but to me it didn't offer much protection from the sun because it wasn't the wraparound type. :(

i hv high myopia too....

instead of spending $700 - $800 on a sunglass wif prescription lens...

might as well save up n go for lasik...:)

hi every1, i m a close to a blind man ... my deg is around 700-800 + my astietic is around 200-300 , i can get a sunglass wif my eye power deg ???

tatz, thanks for sharing.

from what you have written, it seems to me that cheap or costly sunglasses, they both can do the same job just that the cheaper ones, the centering is off. so, we are paying more, much more, for the brands when, say, we buy oakley or rudy project?

not sure if this is useful.. earlier while my friend is studying in USA, he is able to get Oakley prescriptive lens for me, at less than 1/2 what Singapore Optical shop is quoting.

i came to know of this Oakley prescriptive lens restriction:

for half jacket/monster/bottle cap: RX +2 to -3 Total power, Min PD of 60mm and cylinder not exceed -3

for m-frame: RX +2 to -4 Total power, cyclinder not exceed -2

for fives/twenty/minutes/straight jacket: RX +2 to -4 Total power, Min PD of 58mm and cylinder not exceed -3

for metal frame: RX +2 to -7 Total power

u need to know ur sphere, cylinder, axis and PD

if ur degree/power is not in the range, most likely not able to do. however, though me n my wife eye sight total power n PD in the range, due to sphere, axis, somehow Oakley USA is not able to do our orders. too technical for me to know the details too.

v disappointed. ended up got my very first pair of contact lens for sport purposes.

hi every1, i m a close to a blind man ... my deg is around 700-800 + my astietic is around 200-300 , i can get a sunglass wif my eye power deg ???

haha john, i am as blind as you, if not more blind. i believe you can get prescribed sunglasses.

Hi PPle,

I do not think that there should be any restrictions to fit prescription lenses on sunglasses.

Unless the frame is "wrapped around" or a weird shape that normally produced lenses cant fit in.

Normally lenses will be all produced in a similar shape and all , unless for specific frames, we will do special lenses.

For high degrees , u all can ask for high index lenses. The higher the index, the thinner and lighter the lens for the given power. Highest index that can be seek now is 1.74.

We had created -900 lenses that is so thin and light that you will not believe and not noticed by surface view.

anyone bought rudy project or any other sunglasses online? the prices look more attractive online man, trying to get one.

anyone bought rudy project or any other sunglasses online? the prices look more attractive online man, trying to get one.

A few weks ago (after the suggestions in this post) I picked up my Oakley halfjackets (bronze polarised XLJ lens, plasma frame) on line for <200SGD inc shipping vs 300+SGD in Singapore for the same spec (no pun intended!). Everything arrived in perfect order. Used eBay.

I got Lasik a month ago and it went very well - now have perfect vision and don't have to worry about rain on my specs, fogging up, my toddlers grabbing them off my face and stamping on them... and I can wear any shades I like :cool_grin:

If you can afford Lasik, then just do it.

just wondering, do the shades fog up when u run?

Sometimes they do.

You may wanna get shades with slits at the corner of the lenses. They work well for me.

main_envy_iron.jpg