Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

73Robbo

Which Sunglasses? Just Interested

Hi All

Just wondering what shades you guys are running in at the moment?

Oakley Halfjackets? Adidas Gazelles? Rudy Project...? GIANT ownbrand?!!!

Any recommendations for lenses for running in Singapore based on your experience? (Polarised vs non-pol etc etc)

Cheers

Robbo

I'm using an Adidas Gazelle. Very lightweight, attached tight during run.

Polarised or not doesn't matter much for running. But if you use it for water sports, get polarised one.

i personally use oakley M frame. It takes a little getting used to because of the large lenses,but its worth it.It helps prevent glare from the sun and proved handy during SCSM 06 & 07.

From the oakley website: "Polarized lenses block glare that is magnified by flat surfaces like water and pavement." Hence for me,polarised lenses are not much of a requisite in the consideration to buy sunglasses.

Hope this helps.

cheers.

Rudy Projects are known to be good too.. Own 3 pairs myself :)

good job cfred...hahaha....i also own 3 pairs but of different brands...

oakley, optic nerve and tifosi

i got a friend who bought 2 juliet....1000+++

I have been an Oakley lover for long time. Since I first bought Frogskin about 15yr ago, I have been wearing Razor Blade, M-frame (fomer model), Sub zero, E- wire, Five, sub 0.3, A-wire thick, M frame (sweep), Minute, Half jacket, and Square wire. All are good, but just bear in mind if you have Asian skeleton, you would better to choose the model called asian frame. so fare halfjacket and rader are good for exercising.

Am using the adidas gazelle too. no $ to change so many pairs. oaks are nice but they are getting a little too pricey. I just bought a pair of no brand sunglasses from bangkok recently that cost $25. been serving me well too.

Oakleys are good. Lightweight, durable, various shades. Get the latest Hydrophobic ones.

Also check out the prices on-line such as Ebay. Prices are better than the shops in Singapore.

Mine will be flak jacket... Oakley is good. juz need the lenses to change ard but bear in mind..its pricey!!! Hmm... Wanting to get M-frame myself...but pple has been telling me to get Radar instead... anyone care to share which one is better?

my trusty adidas since 2005 has one broken arm...(tried to stop a closing door with my back and forgot it was in my back pocket)

looking at something around $150 or lesser - any good sunglasses that will fit my budget? (i intend to use it for running/biking/driving/golfing) :P

my trusty adidas since 2005 has one broken arm...(tried to stop a closing door with my back and forgot it was in my back pocket)

looking at something around $150 or lesser - any good sunglasses that will fit my budget? (i intend to use it for running/biking/driving/golfing) :P

Gentle, the specs shop at Toa Payoh Block 177 has Rudy Project at 40% (i think). go take a look.

NB: i have no vested interest in the shop and/or the products i mentioned.

Gentle, the specs shop at Toa Payoh Block 177 has Rudy Project at 40% (i think). go take a look.

Hey, the Rudy Project deal does it apply to all their models or selected only?

Btw, anybody knows where block 177 is? Which st. or ave. etc... Thanks.

Hey, the Rudy Project deal does it apply to all their models or selected only?

Btw, anybody knows where block 177 is? Which st. or ave. etc... Thanks.

err...should be the older models only...

Block 177 is opp the new 40-storey blocks. at Central. u go Toa Payoh Interchange. there is a map there. you can find 177 easy peasy....

i been to the one at toapayoh a couple of months back..only OLD models at 40% off..and seriously those are OLD models..nothing catch my interests then.. it is at the row of shops facing those new HDB blocks..along the shops where the famous goreng pisang stalls at the corner coffeeshop, near the Macdonald and National Library..

Any recommendation for flat nose? Cos I realised most glasses are made for high nose bridge. Mine is not high, so many a times the glasses rest on my cheek instead of my nose bridge :(

Me too not gg spend too much, around $150 would be good. Btw, I female. Any good recommendation?

Any recommendation for flat nose? Cos I realised most glasses are made for high nose bridge. Mine is not high, so many a times the glasses rest on my cheek instead of my nose bridge :(

Me too not gg spend too much, around $150 would be good. Btw, I female. Any good recommendation?

you may have to check w/ the specs shops. The Oakley sales staff told me that Oakley are made w/ "high-nosed" in mind. In fact, most specs are.

do $20 sunglasses serve us well?

why do we put on sunglasses? not only to cut out the glare right? it is also to protect our eyes from the harmful UV rays. can the $20 ones do it? and do they give a good fit?

yeohling, i really had a hard time buying my pair of sunglasses. i have this pair for close to 8 years now. It is an Oakley Four Small. They call it small but it is still a little big for me. I also need a new pair of shades. Been looking at Rudy Project but er.... very the expensive leh.

1. Protect our eyes from harm UV, UB, UA...UC rays

2. Protect our eyes from the dust particles

3. Look stylo-milo, man chiam like lau hero

You can drop by the petrol station to try out all you can and then walk out without feeling bad without buying one.

The Kings sunglasses tha I had was given free during SCCM06 HWA fund raising. It is yellow tinted lens. I bought a clear one in the Mobil petrol station and used it for night run. It has a wrap to my face and fits well.

The Sunday night chinese series show "The Peak" had all the actors and actress wearing the Kings sunglasses as a safety eyewear when they were acting out in the shipyard. Starred Christopher Lee as "iceman" nick name.

Have fun.

Kayano

do $20 sunglasses serve us well?

why do we put on sunglasses? not only to cut out the glare right? it is also to protect our eyes from the harmful UV rays. can the $20 ones do it? and do they give a good fit?

yeohling, i really had a hard time buying my pair of sunglasses. i have this pair for close to 8 years now. It is an Oakley Four Small. They call it small but it is still a little big for me. I also need a new pair of shades. Been looking at Rudy Project but er.... very the expensive leh.

Actually with regards to harmful UV rays, I believe the $20 one does it's job. Just not glam, not fitting, and not very nice but their plastic does block off those rays (those with sticker that says it blocks off UVA and UVB).

Ordinary untreated lens already offer some protection, with plastic ones offering more protection (coz glass is transparent to UVA). Some plastic lens materials like polycarbonate, inherently block off most UV. Of course, a treated lens will offer full protection, sans any light that comes in from the sides (i.e. your point may be valid, since a not-so-fitting eyewear will allow more light in thru the sides).

You can drop by the petrol station to try out all you can and then walk out without feeling bad without buying one.

The Kings sunglasses tha I had was given free during SCCM06 HWA fund raising. It is yellow tinted lens. I bought a clear one in the Mobil petrol station and used it for night run. It has a wrap to my face and fits well.

The Sunday night chinese series show "The Peak" had all the actors and actress wearing the Kings sunglasses as a safety eyewear when they were acting out in the shipyard. Starred Christopher Lee as "iceman" nick name.

Have fun.

Kayano

oh you mean that KINGS from HWA? i gave mine to DO already. i didn't use it at all because I think it is too big for me. got children size sunglasses or not har?

Have fun.

Kayano

I thought those were safety goggles ...have both tinted/clear version. Like tat can be used as shades? Erm.... :/

I personally use Oakley Half Jacket and find them quite good.

Not too sure about Kings but their design sure is nice.