Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tohmin

SAFRA MF Running Club

LS u did interval loops?

My overall pace was 6:40 or sth :LMAO: . it is called Crawling, not interval :blushing:

bah not my intention of making fun hehe. Because u did 7 and Wukong say she did 2. 6:40 is not bad hor, Telok Blangah loops almost the same like MF loops?

wahahahaha......shout loud loud one arhh? That one many people also know lah....hehehe.....he is my good friend ok.....he really takes care of all the runners; the head honcho there :)

yeah, sifu. He really yell. and his eye sight is d*mn good :LMAO: . He can see me slacking from very far away that he starts shouting already... hehehe.... so at the junction, I would look back and forth to make sure he was not around :LMAO: . Pathetic right? hahahahh~

wahahahaha......shout loud loud one arhh? That one many people also know lah....hehehe.....he is my good friend ok.....he really takes care of all the runners; the head honcho there :)

yes. he is the one :)

how u all can RUN der loops wan ar....

LS, i know u say u crawl lah budden u can still crawl 7 loops wor!

yeah, sifu. He really yell. and his eye sight is d*mn good :LMAO: . He can see me slacking from very far away that he starts shouting already... hehehe.... so at the junction, I would look back and forth to make sure he was not around :LMAO: . Pathetic right? hahahahh~

wahahaha.....you kenna liao :sweat: .....once he zones in on u, there's nowhere you can go, except up....the mountains lah :LMAO:

wahahaha.....you kenna liao :sweat: .....once he zones in on u, there's nowhere you can go, except up....the mountains lah :LMAO:

:LMAO:

bah not my intention of making fun hehe. Because u did 7 and Wukong say she did 2. 6:40 is not bad hor, Telok Blangah loops almost the same like MF loops?

no no... not making fun. haha... but one of the slope I really can run 75m only. The 25m I could only run up without stopping for the first 2 loops :Silly: . And for that 75m of run, I already had to psycho myself, come one, u ran 42,100m before. This 100m should be nothing. But it really "got thing" :LMAO:

I saw the marking says from 550m to 650m, but I always stopped at 3/4 the distance. hehe... the slope is like the MF one, on the steep side one... lol.

How I wish I had longer legs like Bug or TYM :(

When I first ran up the entrance, at about 4/5 of the slope, I stopped to breath in, suddenly I heard, COME ON, DON"T WALK, EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR U!!! I did not know if I should cry or laugh :LMAO: , and everyone was turning and laugh :redface: . I was the latest one some more. muhahah...

Going up hill is either baby step style or 45 degree side way style.... it is easier to do so.

In the running arena, shorter legs Vs longer legs can mean a lot in efficiency and effectiveness.

Be yourself and listen to your body.

Ultra

I also don't know why... lol. I kept losing track of the previous girls running with me :LMAO: . So bad.....

LS, are u der hk guy's fren?

yesss :tongue_smilie: . "HK guy" is NomadRunner. hehe... used to run with us in HV group too...

I also don't know why... lol. I kept losing track of the previous girls running with me :LMAO: . So bad.....

Wukong, LS,

if you train at MF area for 6months, you will be flying up everywhere lah.....there are the famous 5 hills there you will tap on:

1. Mt Faber Hill (Morse Road OR Kampong Bahru ascents)

2. Telok Blangah Hill

3. Kent Ridge Park

4. NUS Hills

5. Labrador Park

and not sure if you have noticed, that area has very little flats...lots of slopes and undulating terrain everywhere up to the ClubHouse

Wukong, LS,

if you train at MF area for 6months, you will be flying up everywhere lah.....there are the famous 5 hills there you will tap on:

2. Telok Blangah Hill

3. Kent Ridge Park

4. NUS Hills

5. Labrador Park

and not sure if you have noticed, that area has very little flats...lots of slopes and undulating terrain everywhere up to the ClubHouse

hheehee.. we must do the "5 Hills Run" again soon... :Big Grin:

Wukong, LS,

1. Mt Faber Hill

2. Telok Blangah Hill

3. Kent Ridge Park

4. NUS Hills

5. Labrador Park

last year I ran there 3-4 times a week :LMAO: . Sometimes when in good mood, I would climb up MF 2 times in a run for our weekday mini LSD :P.

But last nite was the only time I run with the route all hills like that. I still breathed like a broken oven :LMAO:

Yo Dream, was it last year or before that we did a run to cover all the hills at one go?

Ultra

We have done the 4-hills a couple of times, and the 5-hills once I think.....we went for 4-hills with TFB in January, just before the GE 30km run....was a nice experience for all :)

Yo Dream, was it last year or before that we did a run to cover all the hills at one go?

Ultra

We have done the 4-hills a couple of times, and the 5-hills once I think.....we went for 4-hills with TFB in January, just before the GE 30km run....was a nice experience for all :)

Last year 60km night run did cover 1-2 hills too right?

Would be nice to see Realrunner or Ravan to cook up something similar for MR25 too..... but typically their training would be too touch even for me to cope with.

OK...back to original Safra MF topic.

Ultra

Wukong, LS,

2. Telok Blangah Hill

3. Kent Ridge Park

4. NUS Hills

5. Labrador Park

i went up TBH via southern ridges bridge, den henderson waves to mt faber den down.

last night was 2nd time do hills.

quite shiok. more fun dan running flat land... dat one very boring...

For those who are doing the coming SD 42km, this Safra 26km run is a good training and worth the run.

Ultra

OT a bit.

does hill training benefit LSD? cos i wan to do half mara end yr.

They are inter-linked. You need LSD + Hills + Tempo or interval to make you a better and stronger runner. Also, your gene does plays apart in the output too. Not everyone can do everything, therefore must listen to your body when you do hard training. Remember....prevention of injury is the ultimate winner in this game.

But for runners who are only keen in keeping mere fit and healhty lifestyle, 5-8km per run is more than enough.

Ultra

cool thanks!

By the way.....many female runners face with hip pain/injury....especially when they trained very hard and posture issue. Do take extra care in this area as it is a long recovery process and will re surface again whenever you hit the breakeven limit.

Ultra

U talking about Min? She is now steady pom pi pi already....and one of the very regular faces at i-RUN River Promenade :)

I just managed to make her join sgRunners too :LMAO: . hehehe....

U talking about Min? She is now steady pom pi pi already....and one of the very regular faces at i-RUN River Promenade :)

I just managed to make her join sgRunners too :LMAO: . hehehe....

Oh I know who already. Your friend very cute and nice looking. :tongue_smilie: