Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tohmin

SAFRA MF Running Club

he was pacing my fren and me. der turtles dat sound like panting cows....

oh, i just saw 1 lady in black :Big Grin: . When i ran pass by, he was telling her, "see, try to relax like her, breath in, breath out...." I was thinking, wah laoooo, good thing it was running down hill :LMAO: , so can pretend a little more :LMAO:

:hail: :Applause: :sweat:

he was pacing us two. my fren was in all black. i was der one wif white shorts! :Big Grin:

i was impressed how he cud run wif us den encouraged us non-stop for soooooooo long leh! i cant even nod my head, let alone talk...

too bad i cant go tomolo.

sunday have anot ar?

any running on sunday? what's the distance like?

Welcome to one of the hill-iest and slope-ist running areas in Singapore.....it is a sheer joy just thinking how you all prance around....I will go down this Sunday for half the distance lah :)

haha..thanks sifu!

yeah. very very hilly.

HV group used to run at MF every week last year, but we ran slowly up, and no one dared to yell if I slow down the pace :whistle: . Now cannot... haha..

Hopefully I can make my way down at least once a week for a more pro run :)

I heard they running 26km or sth this sun. I am not ready yet, so don't dare to try. haha...

Senza... U will flying up the hills in no time... ^_^ we are planning to do shorter recovery run 8-12km there this sunday.. :)

we are planning to do shorter recovery run 8-12km there this sunday.. :)

where? :)

Wukong... the Safra MF runners are doing 26km to NUS and back... we will be joining them but doing a shorter 10-14km recovery FatTrim pace run... ^_^

wad if very slow very jialut runners, like me, join and den cannot keep up?

or beng san halfway?

nope Wukong got back marker. Won't peng san, they will follow u at your pace, frequent pauses for catch of breath or water break, give u tips and are very encouraging and friendly. Do bring your hydration pouch.

hey edison....give me more info on this run...the timing suits me for weekdays...who do i contact...i am already an safra member. cheers :Big Grin:

i think you can just go during their training and register.. I want to join but i think the timing is a problem for me now.

thanks niko...where is the meeting place to register?

i think you can just go during their training and register.. I want to join but i think the timing is a problem for me now.

tnancy... just go join their runs first, if u feel comfortable running with them then join the running club. U can register at the Club reception counter. ^_^ the runners will gather near the Safra club entrance for their run and u can deposit yr bags at running club storeroom.

tnancy... just go join their runs first, if u feel comfortable running with them then join the running club. U can register at the Club reception counter. ^_^ the runners will gather near the Safra club entrance for their run and u can deposit yr bags at running club storeroom.

THANK YOU :) Seems like they r pretty fast runners eh.........

or beng san halfway?

nope Wukong got back marker. Won't peng san, they will follow u at your pace, frequent pauses for catch of breath or water break, give u tips and are very encouraging and friendly. Do bring your hydration pouch.

hey edison....give me more info on this run...the timing suits me for weekdays...who do i contact...i am already an safra member. cheers :Big Grin:

Nancy like that easier mah. Since it is your first time, do be a bit early so can look out for people in a group gather somewhere in the compound as well to do your own warm up. It is better to join the first run with them on a weekend as you got more time to lay back a bit familiarize yourself with the place as well as do registration for the safra running club that entitle you to some privileges.

However, if you are not comfortable with the distance that they do and want to call it a day, don't hold back, tell the few trainer. Someone will guide u back if you are not familiar with the area. The stops and break is also to help runners in the group in trouble play catch up as well as a relaxing run.

yeap!

me and fren turtles also enjoy our 1st safra mf run last night!

Wukong... the Safra MF runners are doing 26km to NUS and back... we will be joining them but doing a shorter 10-14km recovery FatTrim pace run... ^_^

wat's FatTrim pace?

or beng san halfway?

Nancy like that easier mah. Since it is your first time, do be a bit early so can look out for people in a group gather somewhere in the compound as well to do your own warm up. It is better to join the first run with them on a weekend as you got more time to lay back a bit familiarize yourself with the place as well as do registration for the safra running club that entitle you to some privileges.

However, if you are not comfortable with the distance that they do and want to call it a day, don't hold back, tell the few trainer. Someone will guide u back if you are not familiar with the area. The stops and break is also to help runners in the group in trouble play catch up as well as a relaxing run.

Thank you Edison. Unless I knock off early n by the time I drive there shud be around 6:45pm :Cry:

wat's FatTrim pace?

6:30-7:30min pace.

But for hilly route like last nite, it is more like sprinting for me :LMAO: . I swear I could not breath anymore last nite after 2 loops :LMAO: . hahaha.

he was pacing us two. my fren was in all black. i was der one wif white shorts! :Big Grin:

i was impressed how he cud run wif us den encouraged us non-stop for soooooooo long leh! i cant even nod my head, let alone talk...

too bad i cant go tomolo.

sunday have anot ar?

I'll look out for u the next run. hahah.... ur fren is really hardcore too :Applause: .

U have yet to run at I-run. DR, DO are very good trainer too. U know how I encourage my gf to run whenever I go there to run??? " hey, run faster, keep up the pace, if u stop now, I would call my fren over there *pointing to DO, DR who are shouting, "good pace, keep up, good pace"* to run with u" :LMAO: . She would beg me not to since it is so embarrassing to her to trouble ppl... hahaha... and they are really really nice. lol.....

Senza... U will flying up the hills in no time... ^_^ we are planning to do shorter recovery run 8-12km there this sunday.. :)

what's the route like, sifu??? U all gonna run the Telok blangah hills only?

Last time I would jump up and down if someone asked me to run 26km. Now I would curse the person instead :LMAO:

yeah... as what Bug said, just come and run first... No need to register. But the registration fee is really cheap. So should support the club too...

6:30-7:30min pace.

i can never understand this pacing thingy... i'm just slow. period. keke!

But for hilly route like last nite, it is more like sprinting for me :LMAO: . I swear I could not breath anymore last nite after 2 loops :LMAO: . hahaha.

i also...

I'll look out for u the next run. hahah.... ur fren is really hardcore too :Applause: .

her stamina more steady dan mine... tho wen she slow down and i walk, we are the same pace. wahahahaha!

U have yet to run at I-run.

i suppose to go for the s'pore river one budden i wan to train up 1st

DR, DO are very good trainer too. U know how I encourage my gf to run whenever I go there to run??? " hey, run faster, keep up the pace, if u stop now, I would call my fren over there *pointing to DO, DR who are shouting, "good pace, keep up, good pace"* to run with u" :LMAO: . She would beg me not to since it is so embarrassing to her to trouble ppl... hahaha... and they are really really nice. lol.....

i dun care wan lah. my skin beri thick.

DR, DO are very good trainer too. U know how I encourage my gf to run whenever I go there to run??? " hey, run faster, keep up the pace, if u stop now, I would call my fren over there *pointing to DO, DR who are shouting, "good pace, keep up, good pace"* to run with u" :LMAO: . She would beg me not to since it is so embarrassing to her to trouble ppl... hahaha... and they are really really nice. lol.....

U talking about Min? She is now steady pom pi pi already....and one of the very regular faces at i-RUN River Promenade :)

U talking about Min? She is now steady pom pi pi already....and one of the very regular faces at i-RUN River Promenade :)

yeah... haha... it is her I am talking about.

I know. Now everyday nag at me, come and run with me :LMAO: . Over weekend, she would tell me, hey, my legs very itchy, can we go run?? :LMAO: .

yeah... haha... it is her I am talking about.

I know. Now everyday nag at me, come and run with me :LMAO: . Over weekend, she would tell me, hey, my legs very itchy, can we go run?? :LMAO: .

oh? then she can go and do the SAFRA MF Route this Sunday - (Route given by GOLD Trainer Bug):

15/3, Sun - LSD, 26km

=====================

Club..DepotRd..AlexandraRd..PasirPanjangRd..

NorthBounaVistaRd..SciencePark1..NUH..NUS..

CulturalCenter..ClementiRd..CentralLibrary..NUH..

SciencePark1..KentRidge..PasirPanjangRd..HarbourFront..

KgBahru..MFhill..MorseRd..HarbourFront..KgBahru..

TelokBlangahRise..Club

NightHawk trainees will do half of this as part of our week #2 training schedule :)

oh? then she can go and do the SAFRA MF Route this Sunday - (Route given by GOLD Trainer Bug):

15/3, Sun - LSD, 26km

=====================

TelokBlangahRise..Club

NightHawk trainees will do half of this as part of our week #2 training schedule :)

thanks, DR. I will try to bluff her do "5km" this sun then :LMAO: . Run to NUS, then we stop there to have breakfast :Big Grin:

niko > when you are planning to go must call me hor!

u want to come too?? tomorrow have 1 run, 12km, 2 loops MF. Come la. Nomad, Horus should be coming too. U'll see quite a lot other Sgrunners there too. haha..

Yes, Safra Sunday training is good. The runners are progressively faster than before. I have met some MF runners along the mid point at Havelock area when I ran back from i-run to home.

Ultra

15/3, Sun - LSD, 26km

=====================

TelokBlangahRise..Club

:blink::wacko::angel:

niko > when you are planning to go must call me hor!

I will try. I will bring my running shoes to office. I hope can reach there by 7pm. I will update again tomorrow.

15/3, Sun - LSD, 26km

=====================

TelokBlangahRise..Club

:angel::wacko::blink:

Wukong, hearing and understanding from your current status....you can do a 3-5km and u-turn back, not a problem, as long as you know the way back to the MF club. But if you go up to the hill, then this is a diff story. You need to take extra care if you have not done it especially coming down from the hill.

Ultra