Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tohmin

SAFRA MF Running Club

FWAH! distance all so long wan ar?

*beng san-ded*

I think you should buy one. Most of us will carry one for our training. I would usually carry one when I run beyond 15km.

- wen i get to dat stage, den i get one lor. now i cant even get past 5k without turning purple.

Bug is no ordinary runner, he is anytime a sub 3:30 level in marathon, so not anyone can pace beside him. I can only take airbus to overtake him hahaha..... :Big Grin:

- fwah liew.

Ultra

Wukong do go for their weekday runs. Its shorter. Once you seasoned up with them, u will enjoy the longer distance.

Is there a run this sunday?since its after Biathlon?:)

On Behalf of Slow Bug... Safra MF training for this week!

Pls take note... Follow SlowBug's Pace at your own Risk!!! :lol:

Hi runners,

Here's the training menu for the week;

Tuesday (3/3):

-------------

Route: 7 x MF Loop (OTOT)

Thursday (5/3):

--------------

Route: Clubhouse -> Henderson Rd -> Tiong Bahru Park -> Delta Canal -

> Ridley Park -> Holland Rd -> Farrer Rd -> Margaret Drive -> Delta

Canal -> Henderson Rd -> Clubhouse

Distance: Approx 14km

Sunday (8/3):

------------

LSD 25km

Clubhouse -> Henderson Rd -> HarbourFront -> Keppel Rd -> Anson Rd ->

Maxwell Rd -> Esplanade -> Flyer -> Nicoll Highway -> Stadium Rd ->

Kallang Park -> Kallang Rd -> Crawford Rd -> Replublic Ave -> Flyer -

> Esplanade -> Maxwell Rd -> Anson Rd -> Keppel Rd -> HarbourFront ->

Henderson Rd -> Clubhouse

Start time: 7:30am

Cheers :)

'Endurance is never your friend. Treasure it before you lose it'

WIll have to chiong down in weekdays since I working at potong pasir and end at 6pm..But relish the prospect of hitting the hills:)

Wukong do go for their weekday runs. Its shorter. Once you seasoned up with them, u will enjoy the longer distance.

their short distance is my version of marathon liao...

most prob sign up next week! :Big Grin:

their short distance is my version of marathon liao...

most prob sign up next week! :Big Grin:

Smart Decision... Enjoy your MF runs... ^_^

DOooooooooooo, dun any how post my TS Lxxsx pwr things hor..shhhhhh..i belanja u craypot laksa if u run with me tis wkend ;)

All the safra running clubs are friendly and welcomes anyone to join in their runs whether u

are a member or not..infact, most important part is the makan sessions after our training sessions :P..heehee.

hmmm are u guys safra members or only the running club?

u can juz sign up for the running club member without being a safra member..but to make use of the swimming pool shower facilities free..u gotto to be a safra member..else there's only limited 1-2 shower cubicles inside the toilet in the public areas of the club.

hmmm are u guys safra members or only the running club?

u can juz sign up for the running club member without being a safra member..but to make use of the swimming pool shower facilities free..u gotto to be a safra member..else there's only limited 1-2 shower cubicles inside the toilet in the public areas of the club.

Ic hmmm are u a safra member?I am not 21 yet lol

erm.... is there a running menu for dis week?

i signing up on der spot tomolo. den will join u peepoe for the run. budden wana get myself mentally ready for the brutal "torture" lah! kekeke....

erm.... is there a running menu for dis week?

i signing up on der spot tomolo. den will join u peepoe for the run. budden wana get myself mentally ready for the brutal "torture" lah! kekeke....

10/3, Tue - Telok Blangah Loop

==============================

OTOT 1HR

Have Fun... take it easy on the downslopes.... ^_^

wad's the distance for the telok blangah 1-loop run?

issit run up and down telok blangah hill? or around the estate?

dist approx 1.2km per loop..the route is within the Telogah hill..around the carpark area, goes up to the top of one side and then back to carpark area and goes up to top of otherside (near HendersonWave bridge) and back to carpark (1loop).

is not abt timing, is more of hill work out for your leg strength and cardio too..tat's why Own-Time-Own target.

like DO mention, take care coming down the slopes..but go hard on the uphill :)

if u miss us at the safra club, juz goes up TB hill carpark area and u shall see us.

Cya :)

can i check?

how many runners will be there during each session?

wat should a newcomer do when going for the first run with safra mf running club?

thanks..

can i check?

how many runners will be there during each session?

wat should a newcomer do when going for the first run with safra mf running club?

thanks..

typically we had around 20 runners..more for slacking sessions and less during tekan sessions ;)

for newcomer, juz join in..intro yrself (dun have to be a member first) and mix around..enjoy the

run, do less (e.g. km, loops, slower) if u not ready for it or do more if u think is too 'chicken-feet'.

Btw, this applies to old timers as well ;)

dist approx 1.2km per loop..the route is within the Telogah hill..around the carpark area, goes up to the top of one side and then back to carpark area and goes up to top of otherside (near HendersonWave bridge) and back to carpark (1loop).

is not abt timing, is more of hill work out for your leg strength and cardio too..tat's why Own-Time-Own target.

if u miss us at the safra club, juz goes up TB hill carpark area and u shall see us.

wokay!

I came yesterday with Nomad :).

I think my lunge got expanded seriously and got burnt after yesterday's session :LMAO: . And Mr. Bug was 2 loops in front of me. Stressed stressed stressed :sweat: whenever I saw him flying from the other opposite direction :LMAO: . One word: power!!!! I know u r a sub 3:30 runner, but did not see how u train before :tongue_smilie:

The ladies were darn fast and steady. Could not get hold of anyone at all :blushing: . And I was the last one to finish yesterday. hehehe... but at least I am newcomer, so not scared of being laughed at...hahhaa.....After 1 loop, all the holes (nose, mouth, ears) were opened to grasp the air , I swear !!!! Sounded like a pig when I went up hill although I already tried to hold in when someone was nearby :LMAO:

Trainer Ong is really a nice person. Impressed me a lot when I saw him pacing a lady all the way.... He has my vote for POSB everyday's hero :smilie_daumen1:

After the run, we came back to the club. My first time there... woww..the gym is big!!! Singaporean guys are so spoiled by the government!!! hehehe.... ohh, the club also provide free 100plus and cool down after the run. Like it very much!!!

Wukong meimei, did u come yesterday too??? I am the one in white... hehe... got scolded by trainer Ong when I walked up the telok blangah hill last nite...hahaha

orrrrrrrrrrh u're der one ar?

yeah i was there yesterday, der one wearing grey and black sleeveless wif white shorts. der one who was crawling all der way, panting like a cow... dank god today i'm ok!

orrrrrrrrrrh u're der one ar?

yeah i was there yesterday, der one wearing grey and black sleeveless wif white shorts. der one who was crawling all der way, panting like a cow... dank god today i'm ok!

huh??? u were there too??? I did not see anyone like that... hahaha.... Maybe was too shy or too shag to look around. I was too busy to look for trainer Ong in case he spots me walking up the hills and yell at me muhahaha......(inside I am still a shy and soft person by nature *puke puke*.... :tongue_smilie: )

I just saw some ladies very fit and slim one running in front of me... hahaha....

I was late, and since first time going there, I brought my phone with me. zzz. The first challenge: run up the telok blangah hill to enter the park, I walked when about to reach :LMAO: . Sooo funny... hahah...

Welcome to one of the hill-iest and slope-ist running areas in Singapore.....it is a sheer joy just thinking how you all prance around....I will go down this Sunday for half the distance lah :)

Welcome to one of the hill-iest and slope-ist running areas in Singapore.....it is a sheer joy just thinking how you all prance around....I will go down this Sunday for half the distance lah :)

haha..thanks sifu!

yeah. very very hilly.

HV group used to run at MF every week last year, but we ran slowly up, and no one dared to yell if I slow down the pace :whistle: . Now cannot... haha..

Hopefully I can make my way down at least once a week for a more pro run :)

I heard they running 26km or sth this sun. I am not ready yet, so don't dare to try. haha...

he was pacing my fren and me. der turtles dat sound like panting cows....

oh, i just saw 1 lady in black :Big Grin: . When i ran pass by, he was telling her, "see, try to relax like her, breath in, breath out...." I was thinking, wah laoooo, good thing it was running down hill :LMAO: , so can pretend a little more :LMAO:

he was pacing us two. my fren was in all black. i was der one wif white shorts! :Big Grin:

i was impressed how he cud run wif us den encouraged us non-stop for soooooooo long leh! i cant even nod my head, let alone talk...

too bad i cant go tomolo.

sunday have anot ar?