Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tohmin

SAFRA MF Running Club

Greetings to SAFRA MF runners(sensitive term) running club members out there,

I recently signed up and paid for the club membership. May I know if I'm supposed to recieve any "Welcome" package? Also is there a website I can go to for updated info on activities? Thanks.

I recently signed up and paid for the club membership. May I know if I'm supposed to recieve any "Welcome" package? Also is there a website I can go to for updated info on activities? Thanks.

hi, as far as i know..the "welcome" package is the 'shiok shiok' training program that is line-up for u :P

juz joking lah..the last status i know is that u can get a 'Safra running club' singlet - organge coloured...WHILE STOCKS LAST...u can come down during any of our training runs and check out the sizes. These singlets was sponsored by SAUCONY since last yr SCSM or AHM (can't really remember).

as a running club member u're also entitled to claim partial refund for yr AHM and SCSM registration fees...pardon me,

i also can't recall how much..as most of us has always been donating it back to the club fund for drinks.

currently running lab also offering running club members discounts.

Hope to see ya join us in our training.

Cheers :)

Tohmin... U made a wise decision... :smilie_daumen1: now, be warned, there will be lots of Sweat n Hard works!!! :Big Grin: MF have runs on TUe n Thurs , the run starts at 6.45pm.. there is a small clubhse to put yr bags. Sunday LSD starts 7.20am. Come down to MF to run, dream, bug or me will introduce U to key pple n shwe meimei!!! :lol:

Hi welcome,

No orientation packs or website. If you've given ur email addr, our email admin will add u to the MF mailing list soon. Weekly trg schedules are emailed. In the interim, we train every 2, 4, 7. Weekdays meet ~640-645pm @ clubhouse. Sundays ~720am. Tonight's training is 5x Telok Blangah hills 1.2km if you're coming.

See ya

PS

Hi welcome,

No orientation packs or website. If you've given ur email addr, our email admin will add u to the MF mailing list soon. Weekly trg schedules are emailed. In the interim, we train every 2, 4, 7. Weekdays meet ~640-645pm @ clubhouse. Sundays ~720am. Tonight's training is 5x Telok Blangah hills 1.2km if you're coming.

See ya

PS

Ohh.. tohmin... i dare not do Telok intervals... :blushing: u won't find me there tonite... sorri... :tongue_smilie:

tats why i chose MFRC...hills! actually reason being its close to my office. :P

hi, as far as i know..the "welcome" package is the 'shiok shiok' training program that is line-up for u :P

cool DO. i'll sleep early on sat and make it for the sunday LSD. Of course not for the shwee meimei. *ahem* runners must be focused *ahem* :whistle:

Sunday LSD starts 7.20am. Come down to MF to run, dream, bug or me will introduce U to key pple n shwe meimei!!! :lol:

hi PS, may I know who to give my email address to? I'm not sure if SAFRA will pass it on. I did my registration online.

No orientation packs or website. If you've given ur email addr, our email admin will add u to the MF mailing list soon.

this telok blangah hill quite terok langah. the run up to the park so long and steep. not sure if MF is similar. :P

Ohh.. tohmin... i dare not do Telok intervals... :blushing: u won't find me there tonite... sorri... :tongue_smilie:

u can join us tonite and give yr email addr to our shwee shwee jaime, she will add u in the mailing list so u can start receiving updates on training etc.

huh..telok blagah is juz the 'beginning' before MF...u definitely will enjoy yr 'welcome'

package to the fullest in the months to come as we be preparing for AHM and SCSM ;)

u can join us tonite and give yr email addr to our shwee shwee jaime, she will add u in the mailing list so u can start receiving updates on training etc.

huh..telok blagah is juz the 'beginning' before MF...u definitely will enjoy yr 'welcome'

package to the fullest in the months to come as we be preparing for AHM and SCSM ;)

Hmmm may i noe how much is the club membership and for how many years?Btw when do u guys usually run?

Hmmm may i noe how much is the club membership and for how many years?Btw when do u guys usually run?

hi, our training days are tue, thu and sunday. if i didnt remember wrongly, the membership should be $10 for 2yrs..

recently Safra had some promo drive..maybe u can check it out.

We dun juz do Mount Faber...try to have different route to make training more interesting. Tue and Thu typically is

for hill training, interval sessions and 10-15k runs. Sunday is for LSD (typically >20k).

Tue and Thu start time: 6:30-645pm

Sun start time: 7-7:20am

Usual Starting point is at MF safra club

hi, our training days are tue, thu and sunday. if i didnt remember wrongly, the membership should be $10 for 2yrs..

We dun juz do Mount Faber...try to have different route to make training more interesting. Tue and Thu typically is

for hill training, interval sessions and 10-15k runs. Sunday is for LSD (typically >20k).

Wa sunday?Btw any email i can contact u?

Wa sunday?Btw any email i can contact u?

can PM me thru this forum 'message service' ;)..btw, tis week 'menu' for MF RC not out yet.

wad if very slow very jialut runners, like me, join and den cannot keep up?

or beng san halfway?

wad if very slow very jialut runners, like me, join and den cannot keep up?

or beng san halfway?

nope Wukong got back marker. Won't peng san, they will follow u at your pace, frequent pauses for catch of breath or water break, give u tips and are very encouraging and friendly. Do bring your hydration pouch.

i dunch have hydration pouch leh.

ooooooo, den okok! i dun mind joining. so i just go down to safra mf?

Wukong, I got this from the safra website.

For registration, email: Ms Rozianah at rozianah@safra.sg, SAFRA Mount Faber

Well, maybe u can ask her more about their runs. They will be glad and welcome u to join them together for runs even if you are a non member. There is a quota for safra members to non members, so if u are not a safra member, sometimes u have to be on waiting list for your turn to join as member of their running club.

You can read up more of this at http://www3.safra.sg/page.aspx?pageid=129. Hope this helps!

Psst Wukong, you can buy one from Running Lap. It is an investment, most appropriate and practical to get one for LSD training purpose.

Safra MF running club people are at large humble, friendly and supportive. Of course if you pace runner such as Bug, you can see Mt Olympus. It is a good training for people with minimum foundation. Once awhile I do join them over the Sunday morning run too.

Ultra

Psst Wukong, you can buy one from Running Lap. It is an investment, most appropriate and practical to get one for LSD training purpose.

- i feel bit weird running wif things attached to me. i guess not used to it ba.

Safra MF running club people are at large humble, friendly and supportive. Of course if you pace runner such as Bug, you can see Mt Olympus.

- y leh?

It is a good training for people with minimum foundation. Once awhile I do join them over the Sunday morning run too.

- sweet!

Ultra

- i feel bit weird running wif things attached to me. i guess not used to it ba.

Safra MF running club people are at large humble, friendly and supportive. Of course if you pace runner such as Bug, you can see Mt Olympus.

- y leh?

It is a good training for people with minimum foundation. Once awhile I do join them over the Sunday morning run too.

- sweet!

Ultra

I think you should buy one. Most of us will carry one for our training. I would usually carry one when I run beyond 15km.

Bug is no ordinary runner, he is anytime a sub 3:30 level in marathon, so not anyone can pace beside him. I can only take airbus to overtake him hahaha..... :Big Grin:

Ultra

I think you should buy one. Most of us will carry one for our training. I would usually carry one when I run beyond 15km.

Bug is no ordinary runner, he is anytime a sub 3:30 level in marathon, so not anyone can pace beside him. I can only take airbus to overtake him hahaha..... :Big Grin:

Ultra

Ultra Sifu ..haha... Heard Slow Bug is so Fast Now ( Laksa Power)... u need a Sonic Aircraft... :Big Grin:

Safra MF RC is a Great Training Ground for all Runners... people there are friendly and humble... Trainer Ong is one of the POSB's Everyone Champion Award winner this year!!! ^_^

No need airbus la.....get one rollerblade can already hehe :Big Grin:

Ultra

Is there a run this sunday?since its after Biathlon?:)

On Behalf of Slow Bug... Safra MF training for this week!

Pls take note... Follow SlowBug's Pace at your own Risk!!! :lol:

Hi runners,

Here's the training menu for the week;

Tuesday (3/3):

-------------

Route: 7 x MF Loop (OTOT)

Thursday (5/3):

--------------

Route: Clubhouse -> Henderson Rd -> Tiong Bahru Park -> Delta Canal -

> Ridley Park -> Holland Rd -> Farrer Rd -> Margaret Drive -> Delta

Canal -> Henderson Rd -> Clubhouse

Distance: Approx 14km

Sunday (8/3):

------------

LSD 25km

Clubhouse -> Henderson Rd -> HarbourFront -> Keppel Rd -> Anson Rd ->

Maxwell Rd -> Esplanade -> Flyer -> Nicoll Highway -> Stadium Rd ->

Kallang Park -> Kallang Rd -> Crawford Rd -> Replublic Ave -> Flyer -

> Esplanade -> Maxwell Rd -> Anson Rd -> Keppel Rd -> HarbourFront ->

Henderson Rd -> Clubhouse

Start time: 7:30am

'Endurance is never your friend. Treasure it before you lose it'

FWAH! distance all so long wan ar?

*beng san-ded*

- wen i get to dat stage, den i get one lor. now i cant even get past 5k without turning purple.

- fwah liew.

Ultra