Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamessoh

Those lucky few who got the Nike+ Sports Band, give your comments!

I'm also interested in the band, but I think I'll wait for the problem to be resolved before getting it

cool...intend to get this nike sportband but me on singnet, so wondering if there will be problems?

afterall i read that a lot of singnet users have problems uploading the results

Anyone having problems with the display of the nike+ sportband?

The first unit I had failed within two weeks of my getting it - moisture seeping in causing parts of the display to blank out. The replacement unit already showing signs of the same problem within days.

Running Lab carries it.

Isit... dat time when juz launched in May i went down to RL funan e staff say no longer carrying it

The first unit I had failed within two weeks of my getting it - moisture seeping in causing parts of the display to bank out. The replacement unit already showing signs of the same problem within days.

Mine LED faulty had it changed... now i cant use e replacement at all

cant seem to 'locate' my footpod! Lol... gotta bring it down to change again tml!

Will make sure i test it out on e spot to verify working condition

I had some trouble figuring out how to link my replacement display unit to my sensor too. Apparently you need to hold the toggle button (the side button, not the one on top) for 10 seconds to start this process.

Refer to the "Linking to More Than One Sensor" section on Page 20 of the Sportband manual (http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/manuals/sportband/en/Nike%20_sprtbnd.man_FNL_4.pdf)

Running Lab carries it.

Isit... dat time when juz launched in May i went down to RL funan e staff say no longer carrying it

The first unit I had failed within two weeks of my getting it - moisture seeping in causing parts of the display to bank out. The replacement unit already showing signs of the same problem within days.

cant seem to 'locate' my footpod! Lol... gotta bring it down to change again tml!

sounds like you have been jumping many hoops to get this baby to serve you? :rolleyes:

hi...thinking of getting the sportsband after reading the tread... but i like ask the data izzit must load into the website then can see the graphical chart.. or does it come with a program that can do it offline..? cause the website seems like receiving negative feedbacks...

hi...thinking of getting the sportsband after reading the tread... but i like ask the data izzit must load into the website then can see the graphical chart.. or does it come with a program that can do it offline..? cause the website seems like receiving negative feedbacks...

No off-line software, you have to use nikeplus.com to see your run chart.

so even after the run die die need to use nikeplus to see how far clocked?

Running Lab carries it.

sounds like you have been jumping many hoops to get this baby to serve you? :rolleyes:

Haha... yea... sort of... 1st batch as always e case e bugs creeps in

Had both sensor + display unit swopped at the shop n tested to make sure it works

apparently it doesnt really work if it is not paired beforehand IE sensor A wun work with display B

so even after the run die die need to use nikeplus to see how far clocked?

E watch is able to show U ur last run... E rest u gotta log in/upload to view

I advice not buying it. I really regret getting it.

ha? why leh

ha? why leh

wait for Singnet problem to resolve first. Personally i have not even uploaded 1 run yet because of the problem and seems that there are many other problems which i don't feel like facing. :(

After the initial figuring out, I didn't have any more problem uploading. It fact it is a breeze. But than again, I am using Starhub. But is it really a Singtel problem? Find it hard to understand why things like that can be affected by the ISP. Did anybody check the firewall settings on the comp?

Overall, my assessment of it is - if you want a cheap and effective method of monitoring distance, this is sufficient. It is pretty accurate even straight out of the box.

After the initial figuring out, I didn't have any more problem uploading. It fact it is a breeze. But than again, I am using Starhub. But is it really a Singtel problem? Find it hard to understand why things like that can be affected by the ISP. Did anybody check the firewall settings on the comp?

Overall, my assessment of it is - if you want a cheap and effective method of monitoring distance, this is sufficient. It is pretty accurate even straight out of the box.

tekko, i;ve been using my sister's pc to uppload my runs and it is really a breeze. before you can blink your eyes, they are uploaded already. She is using Starhub la. I am a singnet user and I still can't upload my run using my own pc.

Thank you :Big Grin: Just went to the nikeplus website to see see look look... but the loading time take very long for me...

In case you missed it, there was a review of the Nike Sportband in Today. (you can read it online here)

It gives a good overview of the Sportband's features, but skims over its negative points.

My main grouse has been the display - I'm on to my third USB display unit as the first two have failed due to moisture seeping in. Also, display is almost impossible to read while on the run - both at night & even in daylight.

I'm very impressed with the sensor unit, though. Small, light and quite accurate straight out of the box in my experience.

Ok, think I will get it once Singnet resolves the problem only

Luckily i didn't make a hasty decision yesterday...lol

hopefully they will even update a version 2 with improved backlight! haha

Edit: was too eager and bought it today. Of coz, face the same prob as all singnet users. but at least i can see the mileage i clocked after each run. maybe will manually track via an excel spreadsheet first. max can store how many runs ar in the band? can manually delete anot once full?

Edit: was too eager and bought it today. Of coz, face the same prob as all singnet users. but at least i can see the mileage i clocked after each run. maybe will manually track via an excel spreadsheet first. max can store how many runs ar in the band? can manually delete anot once full?

Haiz, just like me :)

so wat u doing with it now?

seriously, they need to have a disclaimer regarding this singnet issue at all shops selling it...

so wat u doing with it now?

seriously, they need to have a disclaimer regarding this singnet issue at all shops selling it...

Yup, i agree with you. Sadly its not mentioned in the newspaper reviews. I am sure whoever wrote the reviews is either not a runner or not a singnet user. Mine is on my desk collecting dust.