Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamessoh

Those lucky few who got the Nike+ Sports Band, give your comments!

if 8080 is the usual port, why is she telling me this?

Part of training FAQ lah.

Q: What should you tell customer if they cant access certain sites or have port problems.

A: Tell them to switch to port 8080.

:P

I use a few different notebooks at home, one is Vista and the others are WinXP, all are ok with run upload.

I use a few different notebooks at home, one is Vista and the others are WinXP, all are ok with run upload.

but you are a starhub-er.

but one thing puzzles me. i said it before actually. mine is a singnet and i use vista AND i managed to upload 6-7 runs before i encounter this problem.

Q: What should you tell customer if they cant access certain sites or have port problems.

u exposed our trade secret !!!

u exposed our trade secret !!!

I was in a similar line b4 muahahaha

Perhaps they need to start looking into some other software issue then. This would eliminate ISP as an issue, and someone else has pretty much eliminated OS (Vista vs XP), so now we look at software updates on the systems affected. Also, does their software rely on any third party runtimes which may need to be upgraded/downgraded, etc.

-GK

Perhaps they need to start looking into some other software issue then. This would eliminate ISP as an issue, and someone else has pretty much eliminated OS (Vista vs XP), so now we look at software updates on the systems affected. Also, does their software rely on any third party runtimes which may need to be upgraded/downgraded, etc.

-GK

Hi again everyone,

Nice to see so many people chipping in to help find a solution.

We are already working with both parties (Singtel and Nike) to come up with an answer. So far as a non IT guy like me can follow the conversation,

It appears to be that the IP addresses allocated to the ISP's are different and that one of these addresses may be the cause of the problem, there is a company that houses the servers and allocates the addresses to the different ISP's, Singnet Broadband and Nike are also victims in this case.

We are following up, but due to the time zone and the number of different parties involved, i hope that all you great people out there can bare with us.

Keep posting up any problems you are encountering and i will do my best to answer you all.

Regards,

Sacha

Am on Mac OSX Leopard and Singnet. Doesnt work for me as well. Stuck at Trying to Connect.

Just an update on my trial upload via SingNet (my in-law's place), stuck at Trying to Connect. So I can upload when I'm on Starhub.

Hi,

this gadget looks cool! Can I get it in any of the authorised Nike stores? The one in Wheelock ok? Can get the 'adapter' as well from Apple there...Right?

-GK

Hi again everyone,

Nice to see so many people chipping in to help find a solution.

We are already working with both parties (Singtel and Nike) to come up with an answer. So far as a non IT guy like me can follow the conversation,

It appears to be that the IP addresses allocated to the ISP's are different and that one of these addresses may be the cause of the problem, there is a company that houses the servers and allocates the addresses to the different ISP's, Singnet Broadband and Nike are also victims in this case.

We are following up, but due to the time zone and the number of different parties involved, i hope that all you great people out there can bare with us.

Keep posting up any problems you are encountering and i will do my best to answer you all.

Regards,

Sacha

Tell them that this does not seem to the be the consistant case as I have tested the program on two systems using the same internet connection, same router, network, etc, and it works on one machine and not on the other. It is likely a problem with their software, third party runtimes (java/flash?) which they may use, system updates on the systems affected (different .dll versions than what they test using), etc. It is almost certainly a software issue on the client machine. There is a slight version it has to do with port access (getting information out of client machine), but if they do use 8080 then it shouldn't be an issue. It is not, in my case, and issue with the internet provider (I do not use Signnet regardless) or the router etc.

-GK

Hi,

this gadget looks cool! Can I get it in any of the authorised Nike stores? The one in Wheelock ok? Can get the 'adapter' as well from Apple there...Right?

Yes, Yes and Yes to yr 3Qs =)

Hi,

Yes, Yes and Yes to yr 3Qs =)

Thanks for the reply.Thinking of getting it in time for Sundown... :smilie_daumen1:

Ok cant use on my desktop as well....

BTW e display is faulty again,,, middle line of e led is gone... haha

think will go down change a new one nxt wk :P

I know i Juz posted dis mornin regardin the 'Fail to Connect issue'

I kept it in e port to charge... n kept tryin to connect

Lo n behold now it manage to upload the data! Hmmm weird

btw, Im runnin XP n on singnet broadband on my wired connection desktop

I know i Juz posted dis mornin regardin the 'Fail to Connect issue'

I kept it in e port to charge... n kept tryin to connect

Lo n behold now it manage to upload the data! Hmmm weird

btw, Im runnin XP n on singnet broadband on my wired connection desktop

cfred, this also happened to me before when i could upload my first 6-7 runs. now, i cannot at all. still cannot.

Just a stupid question since I dun had this.....

Can we see the distance clocked on the watch (like in a polar) without loading the information to the web ?

Can we see the distance clocked on the watch (like in a polar) without loading the information to the web ?

yes you can but you cant see a detailed evaluation. When you upload it, there would be a graphical presentation of when you speed up/slow down.

yes you can but you cant see a detailed evaluation. When you upload it, there would be a graphical presentation of when you speed up/slow down.

He just need a summarized figures, like total distance covered, can hor ?

yah can.

yah can.

ok, thanks !

Cos one of my colleague ask. Tot I better ask first before I recommended the wrong product to him.

yah can.

ok, thanks !

Cos one of my colleague ask. Tot I better ask first before I recommended the wrong product to him.

Arh... wait wait juz to add on... U can only see e details for ur LAST RUN

not all ur runs eh... juz in case he thinks can go thru all e stored workouts

Arh... wait wait juz to add on... U can only see e details for ur LAST RUN

not all ur runs eh... juz in case he thinks can go thru all e stored workouts

thanks ! Will feedback to him & ask him to decided himself then !