Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamessoh

Those lucky few who got the Nike+ Sports Band, give your comments!

Anyone interested in this instead?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...oductPromotions

I think its more reliable due to the favorable reviews and its non mechanical (unlike the above recommended) which i think might break easily.

I am going to get myself one. If anyone wants to join in we can share the shipping. But you will have to transfer money to my banking account first to show that you really want it. Interested parties please PM me.

Anyone interested in this instead?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...oductPromotions

I think its more reliable due to the favorable reviews and its non mechanical (unlike the above recommended) which i think might break easily.

I am going to get myself one. If anyone wants to join in we can share the shipping. But you will have to transfer money to my banking account first to show that you really want it. Interested parties please PM me.

Looks neat, but I suppose that's why it is not called "switcheasy" i.e. cannot switch to other shoes easily.

Shsssssssssshhh, just look at the link

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/runaway.htm

runaway2_shoes_Med.png

Cheers, {not too loud}

wah..tt's a nice orange..

I like the colour too.

I brought my sportband out for more runs. The sticker on the sensor which shows a swoosh and a plus sign is out of place. I got to stick it back myself.

Then I came home and plug the link to the USB port. Now this part, I need a lot of patience. It says "Trying to connect" for a long time. Then a message "No internet connection was found or no server connection was possible". I have my internet connection all in place. I guess it is not problem from my side. This happened a few times and I almost wanted to pull my hair off already!

Show a few ladies in the gym my new toy. they were very thrilled. but when i told them there is a sensor, one went, "har? got sensor? need sensor? anything to do with a senor i am not interested la!" alamak! what is the logic here ar?

i feel like asking her how does she expect the thing to work if there isn't a sensor.

just want to add, the display is not contrasting enough.

I brought my sportband out for more runs. The sticker on the sensor which shows a swoosh and a plus sign is out of place. I got to stick it back myself.

Then I came home and plug the link to the USB port. Now this part, I need a lot of patience. It says "Trying to connect" for a long time. Then a message "No internet connection was found or no server connection was possible". I have my internet connection all in place. I guess it is not problem from my side. This happened a few times and I almost wanted to pull my hair off already!

Show a few ladies in the gym my new toy. they were very thrilled. but when i told them there is a sensor, one went, "har? got sensor? need sensor? anything to do with a senor i am not interested la!" alamak! what is the logic here ar?

i feel like asking her how does she expect the thing to work if there isn't a sensor.

brokie, what's yr rating for the sportsband (out of a score of 10)???

8. -2 for the display and website slowness.

reasonable?

reasonable?

isn't a crappy display (no backlight) & slow-poke website a deal-breaker for u? since its not really a very sophisticated device, such basic functionality should be better done up rite?

reasonable?

u say 1 who would say 2??? =p

reasonable?

How accurate is it?

reasonable?

How accurate is it?

i can't comment on the accuracy yet. I haven't calibrated it. But for the 3-4 runs, it recorded a longer distance and faster pace. I know i didn't run that far and that fast.

wait ar, wait for me to calibrate it first.

reasonable?

isn't a crappy display (no backlight) & slow-poke website a deal-breaker for u? since its not really a very sophisticated device, such basic functionality should be better done up rite?

this is really my personal view okay.

for $100, i think this gadget is a steal. i do not need see how far i have run or how fast i am running all the time. so i can live with the no-backlight issue. i have a casio watch which has a damn big display and backlight which i wear at the same time but on different hand. the gadget can record my run but my casio can't.

if i am paying a few hundreds like for a polar, then it is a different story.

anyway, i would like to take this opportunity to thank sacha for the talk and picking me as one of the winners and philip for organising this talk.

reasonable?

this is really my personal view okay.

for $100, i think this gadget is a steal. i do not need see how far i have run or how fast i am running all the time. so i can live with the no-backlight issue. i have a casio watch which has a damn big display and backlight which i wear at the same time but on different hand. the gadget can record my run but my casio can't.

if i am paying a few hundreds like for a polar, then it is a different story.

anyway, i would like to take this opportunity to thank sacha for the talk and picking me as one of the winners and philip for organising this talk.

Hi all,

Its me again. I guess i dun get back as fast as you guys as i'm on nikeplus.com more often hahah.

Kidding, but on a serious note. BR you need to click cancel on the detecting an internet connection part and log in from the information page. this step helps the program to recognise the user on the first time you download information onto NikePlus.com.

Sebsequent connections will then be seamless as the first time the program doesn't know which registered user it is supposed to go to.

I know everyone is gingerly stepping around the issue of NikePlus enabled shoes, so let me clear the air. Nike recommends the use of NikePlus enabled shoes to all athletes, that said, not all athletes have the same kind of foottype that are suitable for Nike shoes.

As mentioned by other members, there are several alternatives to the NikePlus shoes.

I would recommend that all athletes begin any regime by first having a foot analysis, then finding the most comfortable shoes for your foot type.

NikePlus is an experience that allows runners to now run in a community and take part in events like charity runs anywhere in the world. The NikePlus Sportsband and the ipod are just tools that assist the athlete in joining the NikePlus community.

For precision and indepth run analysis, there are definitely more techi stuff out there. For a new running experience, there's NikePlus.

Cheers,

Sacha.

You mean sacha "purposely" picked u? Why not me? (jealous) ;-)

You mean sacha "purposely" picked u? Why not me? (jealous) ;-)

hoi hoi hoi.... got exam one hor... we all sat for the exam hor... hahahaha....

Got mine just now. Time to play with it tonight and calibrate it. ;-)

u r welcome to nex tue cbd run to show off ur new toy :)

Got mine just now. Time to play with it tonight and calibrate it. ;-)

u r welcome to nex tue cbd run to show off ur new toy :)

next tues?

1. What is a soft reset and a hard reset?

2. What is calibration ?

3. What are the three tabs in Nikeplus utility program?

4. What are the four items that nike+ sportsband measure?

5. Describe the step to measure your run?

14. Is the Nike+ sportbands waterproof?

I got my new toy too in e evening at suntec..! dun tink i gt time to calibrate it before tml's run thou

I got my new toy too in e evening at suntec..! dun tink i gt time to calibrate it before tml's run thou

cfred, remember? 95% accuracy out of box? that's very good to me lo. but of course if you calibrate it, it will be 98% accurate.

Yes, out of box 95% accurate. I tested at the Simpang Kiri park connector (2.8km) and ran 7km, the sportband record 6.6km. I caliberated it, later I may go to a stadium track to see if its more accurate.