Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamessoh

Those lucky few who got the Nike+ Sports Band, give your comments!

hahh..speaking of the backlight..i remember that when i am running at nite, and want to see the distance and pace..i would shine my handphone directly onto the band..hahh..alittle bit dumb, but that is the only choice..if not, look out for lamp posts..hahh...

The next Nike + band should have backlight and also water resistant ba..if not, like the current one,the screen will turn blur when it come contact with water or moisture..about this problem, it is very hard not to sweat when we are doing long distance run ..so,quickly get rid of it and exchange for polar or other brand..just my personal view..

My Sportsband just "died" on me, as in I can't upload the data to the PC at all. From reading all the replies, I guess it would be alright if I bring the Sportsband and sensor down to Nike Wisma Atria to request for refund? I don't have the box and receipt with me anymore though.

Also will it matter if I have bought it from a place other than a Nike shop?

I think its best u bring down to wisma nike singapore...cuz i was denied a refund at Nike Velocity due to not having receipt and warranty card. Wisma nike never even checked i got warranty card or receipt...No harm calling them up before u go down... Nike Wisma Tel no. 6513 3151 :Big Grin:

My Sportsband just "died" on me, as in I can't upload the data to the PC at all. From reading all the replies, I guess it would be alright if I bring the Sportsband and sensor down to Nike Wisma Atria to request for refund? I don't have the box and receipt with me anymore though.

I think its best u bring down to wisma nike singapore...cuz i was denied a refund at Nike Velocity due to not having receipt and warranty card. Wisma nike never even checked i got warranty card or receipt...No harm calling them up before u go down... Nike Wisma Tel no. 6513 3151 :Big Grin:

I went to Nike Velocity and they wouldn't let me do a refund despite the fact i have a receipt and warranty card..they just insist on giving me a new piece..Very tired of exchanging for a new piece for goodness sake how many times..Gotta try Nike Wisma Singapore..Hope can get a more pleasant ans.. :Praying:

I went to Nike Velocity and they wouldn't let me do a refund despite the fact i have a receipt and warranty card..they just insist on giving me a new piece..Very tired of exchanging for a new piece for goodness sake how many times..Gotta try Nike Wisma Singapore..Hope can get a more pleasant ans.. :Praying:

haa...u shld b able to get it diposed off from ur inventory without a hassle at Nike Wisma... No second qn from them when i said i want to refund.

haa...u shld b able to get it diposed off from ur inventory without a hassle at Nike Wisma... No second qn from them when i said i want to refund.

alrite..thanks for the suggestion..hopefully can get it disposed tml..afraid that they are still closed due to CNY..if not, might need to wait till wed le..

i wonder if they'll allow a partial refund since i lost my sensor?

Dont wonder...Call them...hahaha...

I believe they will not allow partial refund due to lost sensor. We are supposed to return all sports and the sensor together. But dun take my word, go and do the exchange or refund. Maybe, you are lucky and they did not check for sensor? LOL

If that din work - alternatively, sell the sport band away to someone who already have a sensor. Its better than not getting anything back rite?

Anyway, is your sport band in working condition?

i wonder if they'll allow a partial refund since i lost my sensor?

Dont wonder...Call them...hahaha...

I believe they will not allow partial refund due to lost sensor. We are supposed to return all sports and the sensor together. But dun take my word, go and do the exchange or refund. Maybe, you are lucky and they did not check for sensor? LOL

If that din work - alternatively, sell the sport band away to someone who already have a sensor. Its better than not getting anything back rite?

Anyway, is your sport band in working condition?

i called up Wisma Nike today at 11am, a guy picked up and agree to a cash refund for me..when i got there, a lady say we don't accept any cash refund, only do exchange for other product or can just wait for the new version of sport band to arrive and switch for it..

was not very happy, insisted my stand and finally get a cash refund back..it was a tough process..

Good for you! Now since there is a new version of the sport band coming, current users can changed to the new version FOC. It might still be fine to hold on to the current sport band, provided if its working. Hopefully those sport band exchange for the newer version will not require cash top up.

Good for you! Now since there is a new version of the sport band coming, current users can changed to the new version FOC. It might still be fine to hold on to the current sport band, provided if its working. Hopefully those sport band exchange for the newer version will not require cash top up.

haha..i don't really trust their product, so better to get rid..Well, the lady at the Wisma Nike said that the exchange for the newer version does not require any cash top-up..so,no worries about it..not too sure what is the added functions too..do u kno about it?

my display on the sportband is starting to show up many dots...not sure if it is due to sweat getting into it?

also, seems like the accuracy of the distance is going off these days..

is there a new version coming out soon?

Hmm guys, the new version was supposed to reach SG in March 09, but I called to check, now it has been delated till July 09. So I gonna go and ask for refund.

No point waiting, and no need to rush for the new one, unless majority of the users say that it is very very good.

Hmm guys, the new version was supposed to reach SG in March 09, but I called to check, now it has been delated till July 09. So I gonna go and ask for refund.

No point waiting, and no need to rush for the new one, unless majority of the users say that it is very very good.

My spolit sportband collected dust for over 2 months liao. i guess i not gonna wait till july 09 for the new model . Going for refund 2...:(

let me know if you guys are successful in getting the cash refund!

I got mine from Nike @ Takashimaya SC. Went there and the process was simple. Think they expected many pple to change anyway.

I did not get cash, but got a credit invoice instead. And I can use the credit invoice like a voucher and need not finish the whole $99.90.

Well, almost as good as cash I would say. At least then I can use it to buy stuff from other brands.

I got mine from Nike @ Takashimaya SC. Went there and the process was simple. Think they expected many pple to change anyway.

I did not get cash, but got a credit invoice instead. And I can use the credit invoice like a voucher and need not finish the whole $99.90.

Well, almost as good as cash I would say. At least then I can use it to buy stuff from other brands.

After exchanging it two times, I returned mine at Marina Square Nike for CASH.

My warranty is expiring in July 2009, so I thought it is safer to get some money back first and then assess if the new version is worth the money when it comes out.

Manage to get back $99.90 cash......no point getting the voucher, it is useless.

u guys got back the cash at the original store you purchased at?

From the Nikesportband Forums:

Hi all,

Thanks for relating your tales of success and failure with the Nike+ SportBand. We're always interested in hearing about users' experiences with our products, even if the feedback isn't flattering.

As many Nike+ users know by now, the first-generation Nike+ SportBand launched last spring. Because we received an unusually large volume of returns due to problems with the pixellation of the SportBand's screen, we opted to remove the SportBand from the market, offer users a voluntary return option, and redesign the SportBand to eliminate the display issues. At this point, we're anticipating a summer launch for the second-generation Nike+ SportBand, and we're very excited about it.

JeffreyJames, I'm very surprised that you're still seeing SportBands at authorized Nike retail locations! We've made every effort to remove all first-generation SportBands from the market.

If, like LightVader, you're happily using your current SportBand, please continue doing so!

If, however, you're in drpoole's situation and have a SportBand that's experiencing problems, we invite you to find out about your return and exchange options. I see that you're in the States, drpoole, so I'd encourage you to give us a call at 1-800-379-6453 between 7 a.m.-3:50 p.m. PT. We'll be happy to let you know what options are available to you while we all await the launch of the second-generation SportBand.

Cheers,

Clover

u guys got back the cash at the original store you purchased at?

From the Nikesportband Forums:

Hi all,

Thanks for relating your tales of success and failure with the Nike+ SportBand. We're always interested in hearing about users' experiences with our products, even if the feedback isn't flattering.

As many Nike+ users know by now, the first-generation Nike+ SportBand launched last spring. Because we received an unusually large volume of returns due to problems with the pixellation of the SportBand's screen, we opted to remove the SportBand from the market, offer users a voluntary return option, and redesign the SportBand to eliminate the display issues. At this point, we're anticipating a summer launch for the second-generation Nike+ SportBand, and we're very excited about it.

JeffreyJames, I'm very surprised that you're still seeing SportBands at authorized Nike retail locations! We've made every effort to remove all first-generation SportBands from the market.

If, like LightVader, you're happily using your current SportBand, please continue doing so!

If, however, you're in drpoole's situation and have a SportBand that's experiencing problems, we invite you to find out about your return and exchange options. I see that you're in the States, drpoole, so I'd encourage you to give us a call at 1-800-379-6453 between 7 a.m.-3:50 p.m. PT. We'll be happy to let you know what options are available to you while we all await the launch of the second-generation SportBand.

Cheers,

Clover

Thanks for the great info.

I ditched mine after 5 exchanges. The store actually ran out of stock to have mine replaced, then I thought

"Bleh.. S$^*W Nike"

:P

arghh!! mine just went bonkers just as I was about to hit the road! >.<!!

went to BIRD at suntec today and they said they don't have anymore stock left for the 1st generation band but they will exchange 1-to-1 when the 2nd generation arrives in mid july?

arghh!! mine just went bonkers just as I was about to hit the road! >.<!!

went to BIRD at suntec today and they said they don't have anymore stock left for the 1st generation band but they will exchange 1-to-1 when the 2nd generation arrives in mid july?

will they do cash refund? any idea?