Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamessoh

Those lucky few who got the Nike+ Sports Band, give your comments!

Below's a short synopsis of the article from Straits Times:

Nike said on Wednesday that it is conducting a voluntary recall of its Nike+ SportBand, which uses a sensor system in a Nike armband and shoe to help runners track their workout details.

The armband has a faulty seal, which was allowing moisture into some devices. The moisture ruined the display and was interfering with its ability to download data to Nike's online training site.

Nike's Director of Global Issues Management Vada Manager said the company is taking the product off the shelves and plans to have new product out by next year.

Consumers with the product can return or exchange the device, which sells for US$59 (S$89), at retail stores.

:whistle:

I've called nike wheelock and nike vivo, both confirmed that they can't grant a cash refund but they would issue a credit note or an exchange of products of similar value. But I guess that's better than nothing! :)

I just exchanged the sportband for the 5th time at queensway where I bought the sportband. When I asked about the recall, the sales folks say that they are totally unaware of the recall. That being said, they are willing to exchange the sportband for me though. I was wondering if I can exchange the sportband at any nike shop (vivo or wheelock etc) and get a credit note despite not purchasing from the product from them.

I just exchanged the sportband for the 5th time at queensway where I bought the sportband. When I asked about the recall, the sales folks say that they are totally unaware of the recall. That being said, they are willing to exchange the sportband for me though. I was wondering if I can exchange the sportband at any nike shop (vivo or wheelock etc) and get a credit note despite not purchasing from the product from them.

Dun think that you can do it.

When I did my exchange, the staff mentioned that you have to go back to the store where you purchase the sportband from. They can trace it from your warranty. Furthermore they dun issue any credit note you would need to do your exchange on the spot. At least that was what I did.........

Just called Nike BIRD @velocity about this issue. The store manager just mentioned that customer can do an exchange if their product is faulty but stated that not all the batches have the same problem. Meaning to say, some of the sportband in the market are actually fine. But isn't this the same as the current warranty?

As for exchange to credit note, that can only be done if the sportband is purchased at any of the BIRD branch.

Dun think that you can do it.

When I did my exchange, the staff mentioned that you have to go back to the store where you purchase the sportband from. They can trace it from your warranty. Furthermore they dun issue any credit note you would need to do your exchange on the spot. At least that was what I did.........

Just saw your post after I posted mine. Thanks for the clarification too. I am going to email Nike about this problem - seems like the retailers are not fully aware of the "recall" thingy.

i would exchange it even if i dun have the problem... u never know when the problem will surface... if by that time they accept re-call then no point liao...

i would exchange it even if i dun have the problem... u never know when the problem will surface... if by that time they accept re-call then no point liao...

They won't do an exchange if your unit don't seem to be faulty at that point of time. They would only do so if your unit is faulty. I initially thought they going to recall every unit but doesn't seem like it now. And u only get to change for items up to the $99 value u paid for at the place of purchase.

They won't do an exchange if your unit don't seem to be faulty at that point of time. They would only do so if your unit is faulty. I initially thought they going to recall every unit but doesn't seem like it now. And u only get to change for items up to the $99 value u paid for at the place of purchase.

There is a thousand ways to make it faulty. :LMAO: like running in the rain with it... or bathing with it. My wife's sport band spoiled after she forgotten to take it off for her shower.

my sportsband(1st batch) lcd is garbish and cannot read the timings clearly. i return to the nike store and they say can exchange for other things only or another is to wait till they come out with the second generation of the sportsband(dunno how true i can believe this guy). now i just bring out the sportsband to run then sync with pc without able to read wats really on the lcd screen.

Did they ask for the receipt or proof of purchase?

Hmmm looks like time to send mine in... LCD starting to go abit haywire after 3 mths!

If they can issue vouchers instead will be better.. den either can use later or sell off

hv no need for new clothes/shoes at e moment la :P

Would b interesting to see how e new sportsband looks/works wen it comes in

Very good idea but e end product a lil not so friendly in e end i guess.. at least e 1st vers wise

nike sports band sucked, imo.

for mine, there were lots of 'dead pixels' on it after like 2months?

hooray for the recall! :D

may i ask how much is the sportband? looking to buy 1.

I actually called up Nike Wisma some days back, the person says stock is only coming in early 2009 but he's not sure how 'early' would it be. Would it be generation 2 or somethg? haha.

Hey guys, my sportband is slowly fading away... from the top left hand corner... soon, I will not be able to see the number.

I have thrown away my receipt, can I still exchange for it?

Below's a short synopsis of the article from Straits Times:

Nike said on Wednesday that it is conducting a voluntary recall of its Nike+ SportBand, which uses a sensor system in a Nike armband and shoe to help runners track their workout details.

The armband has a faulty seal, which was allowing moisture into some devices. The moisture ruined the display and was interfering with its ability to download data to Nike's online training site.

Nike's Director of Global Issues Management Vada Manager said the company is taking the product off the shelves and plans to have new product out by next year.

Consumers with the product can return or exchange the device, which sells for US$59 (S$89), at retail stores.

:whistle:

I've called nike wheelock and nike vivo, both confirmed that they can't grant a cash refund but they would issue a credit note or an exchange of products of similar value. But I guess that's better than nothing! :)

YES

the nikeband sucks like totally. i exchanged it MANY times till i got so sick of it. frm august till now i havent gotten replies or any notification(taka outlet).

list of problems:

-LCD was stuck in "charging" mode for all the time

-LCD cldnt display the numbers well

-LCD was blurred away

-apparently water leaked into it(SO I ASSUME I CANT SWEAT WHEN I RUN IN THE HEAT OF SG?)

sigh. kinda regret even getting it in the first place. now still waiting for the new batch.

Just change for a replacement set in the interim. I have already change so many time till I lost count already... LOL

Just change for a replacement set in the interim. I have already change so many time till I lost count already... LOL

Mine I dunno is it 'fade away' but the LCD 'pixels' seem to be 'smudged' like that. :S

I have changed mine at least 4 times already..finally gave up and bought a Garmin 405 instead. Best decision ever!

Went down to Vivicity Nike outlet and managed to get them to exchange my Sportsband for Nike items. Bought some T shirts and running cap.

I think Garmin is much easier, more reliable and less problematic to use to track your running distance and timing.

Mine is actually not spoilt (yet). Can i bring in to exchange for vouchers? (This is sort of a good news for me as i am going to get a watch instead)

Mine is actually not spoilt (yet). Can i bring in to exchange for vouchers? (This is sort of a good news for me as i am going to get a watch instead)

i'm not too sure if this is accurate but i read that only faulty ones can be exchanged. no harm trying though! or as some runners mentioned, bathe with it and hope that water seeps in!

I exchanged mine for $$ at Wheelock place. They din even bother to check whether spoilt or not... :Big Grin: