Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamessoh

Those lucky few who got the Nike+ Sports Band, give your comments!

Hi everyone, this is my 1st post.

I am keen to get the Nike+ Sportsband. Anyone knows any place offering discount during GSS?

@ nike bird, if use hsbc spend $100 got $10 voucher if i not wrong. shud still be valid. u can try calling them

er... i think the sportband is $99.90. don't know if you hsbc can still work here.

i uploaded another run today. it still works!

Hello,

Anyone knows where to purchase the Marware pouch? I tried to find it at a few sports shops and Epicentre @Suntec today but could not find it.

Your help is appreciated!

I understand it is available at the Epicentre@Wheelock Place. But you can also get a similar product by Nathan from Running Lab.

Just to let those who, like me, was looking for the Marware pouch - it is not available at Epicentre at Wheelock place either. Only the Marware SportsBand is on sale. This elusive little pouch is surely quite difficult to find.

My upload today worked again...

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone's avg pace? ie how long u take to run 1km?

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone's avg pace? ie how long u take to run 1km?

6min :P as you can see i am not a pro

6min :P as you can see i am not a pro

6min though not pro is pretty fast already, in my opinion.

erm... maybe i didn't calibrate my band properly.... the ave speed shown on my band is definitely wrong. but i use it to tell me if i had slowed down or sped up during my run.

i am aiming for 55-60min for upcoming 10km mizuno wave run

but my pace on the watch like 6"10/20 like that...dunno if i never calibrate correctly...haiz.

Easy bent. Get pacers to help you. I am sure a lot of ppl out there will help if u ask. =)

i am aiming for 55-60min for upcoming 10km mizuno wave run

but my pace on the watch like 6"10/20 like that...dunno if i never calibrate correctly...haiz.

one quick qn, do u all put the sensor to 'sleep' by holding for 3 secs after your run? or you leave it on all the time?

one quick qn, do u all put the sensor to 'sleep' by holding for 3 secs after your run? or you leave it on all the time?

Thanks for the tip on the HSBC card. But i don't have a HSBC card. Heheh will continue to look for bargains.

I read the manual and understand that the sensor has a battery life of 1,000 hours and it is "awake" / on by default. The sensor would have been operational from its factories to the shelves, wouldn't the consumers be short changed of the battery life? Why don't Nike set the default mode to "sleep"?

For example, my friend bought one to discover that the sensor doesn't work when he reached home. In the end, he has to return to exchange for a new sensor.

I may be wrong so hope you guys can shed some light. I suggest that you test the sensor (away from the shop to avoid pairing with others in the shop) once you bought it, so as to avoid the disappointment and frustration to return to change.

1000 hrs ar?

hmm, like tt isnt it better to switch the sensor off after using it? but kinda ma fan leh?

1000 hrs ar?

hmm, like tt isnt it better to switch the sensor off after using it? but kinda ma fan leh?

I double-check and the manual says

"The sensor contains a non-replaceable battery with a life of more than 1000 active

hours. The sensor has a sophisticated built-in power management system which means

that the sensor really only consumes power when active (that is, when it senses motion)."

So it all depends on how rough the sensor was been handled to trigger the motion senses during shippment.

Ya. But I don't mind switching it off. I am just worried about the amount of battery life lost from the point of manufacture to the point when you buy it. I still can't understand why Nike didn't choose to set the sensor off by default.

dun think its worth it after hearing so many issues from others. $99 may be cheaper alternative but does it last long? anyway, just my 2 cents.

just to check with those who have the device - have you ever had it go back to the watch function when you were in 'pause' mode for an extended period of time?

WTH!

$10 off!

argh. doesnt pay to buy early...

think will switch off sensor manually. but i had probs when switch on again, took a while for me to finally get it detected...cant relli see if it is REALLY on or off as there is no display....

just to check with those who have the device - have you ever had it go back to the watch function when you were in 'pause' mode for an extended period of time?

boo i'm the only one with this problem?

boo i'm the only one with this problem?

I don't pause during my runs so i don't face this.

Are you able to resume recording after pausing for extended time?

not sure if this has been asked before, but is switcheasy or the marware pouch a better choice for attaching the sensor to a non nike shoe?

thanks!

not for the same run - as a result my run gets split up, heh.

Do you remember how long did you pause the run?

not sure if this has been asked before, but is switcheasy or the marware pouch a better choice for attaching the sensor to a non nike shoe?

thanks!

I think is is more personal preference. The switcheasy can only store the sensor whereas a pouch can also squeeze in some coins or can be used by itself without the sensor. So the pouch is slightly more multi-purpose. On the other hand, the switcheasy comes in different colour and can buy a few to color match the shoes so....