Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamessoh

Those lucky few who got the Nike+ Sports Band, give your comments!

There are some lucky few who got the Nike+ Sports Band, i.e. Nike+ speed distance and training log (via nikeplus.com.sg) thingy. Please share your comments on the device.

I am interested to get this gadget so I will appreciate the early adoptors can share their thoughts on their Nike+ Sports Band.

There are some lucky few who got the Nike+ Sports Band, i.e. Nike+ speed distance and training log (via nikeplus.com.sg) thingy. Please share your comments on the device.

I am interested to get this gadget so I will appreciate the early adoptors can share their thoughts on their Nike+ Sports Band.

For $99.90, its pretty much one of the best you can get particularly the online training log that comes with it. There's alot more you can actually do with the log that was not shown on the workshop. Things like mapping your runs, creating personal challenges like setting a fix distance to meet or burning a certain amount of calories. Definately alot user-friendly and efficient than the new Polar Pro-trainer software if you aint a person who is into HR reading.

I'd echo Philip's thoughts.. for S$99 its a gd buy for such device

Oni problem I'd foresee as brought up is the lack of backlight n technical support for it

E device does not come boxed with an instruction manual from wad i see

N also I do wonder where do you go for aftersales service with regards to the warranty support

*PS: if those who got it free dun wan, can donate to me anytime!! haha.... jkjk keke :P

1) Rather simple to operate. Can download the data with ease via usb port.

2) Ideal for people with small wrist.

3) Looks quite stylo.

4) Perfect for someone who only wants to know the distance, pace, time and calories burn during the run.

Dislikes:

1) Not very easy to put it on your wrist. It is unlike a buckle type or a velcro type which may make it easier. Then again, the button design makes it more stylish. Perhaps the buttoning may get easier when used more often.

2) Can only function as a watch without the sensor. The "timer" or "stop watch" function will not work without the sensor. So, for those who do multi sports, you can't swim with it to take your time. It would be great if you could.

3) Not waterproof. Again, can't use it if you swim for more than 30 minutes. Can only be submerged in 1m of water for 30 minutes.

4) Can't do laps.

1) Rather simple to operate. Can download the data with ease via usb port.

2) Ideal for people with small wrist.

3) Looks quite stylo.

4) Perfect for someone who only wants to know the distance, pace, time and calories burn during the run.

Dislikes:

1) Not very easy to put it on your wrist. It is unlike a buckle type or a velcro type which may make it easier. Then again, the button design makes it more stylish. Perhaps the buttoning may get easier when used more often.

2) Can only function as a watch without the sensor. The "timer" or "stop watch" function will not work without the sensor. So, for those who do multi sports, you can't swim with it to take your time. It would be great if you could.

3) Not waterproof. Again, can't use it if you swim for more than 30 minutes. Can only be submerged in 1m of water for 30 minutes.

4) Can't do laps.

great review... despite the cons, will still get one when the product is officially launched.

great review... despite the cons, will still get one when the product is officially launched.

will hear ur review of it then :D

will hear ur review of it then :D

coming out in 8th May, do keep a look out for it in the Nike stores.

Oni problem I'd foresee as brought up is the lack of backlight n technical support for it

N also I do wonder where do you go for aftersales service with regards to the warranty support

*PS: if those who got it free dun wan, can donate to me anytime!! haha.... jkjk keke :P

no hardcopy manual? so got to check manual online??

no hardcopy manual? so got to check manual online??

At least i did not see one e other day.. Mayb they will release it with one during e official launch

At least i did not see one e other day.. Mayb they will release it with one during e official launch

As brokie advised, manual can be downloaded online. Too many pages for Nike to shrink fit the manual in the kit but the basics, with pictures are more or less there.

As brokie advised, manual can be downloaded online. Too many pages for Nike to shrink fit the manual in the kit but the basics, with pictures are more or less there.

there are also video instructions which i find useful too.

Hi all,

I would like to clarify, the manual and user info as mentioned by BR is indeed online at nikeplus.com.

As for technical support, there is a 1 year warranty from date of purchase on factory defects and you should approach the store that you purchased the NikePlus Sportsband from for exchange. Satisfaction almost guaranteed, haha.

Backlight is linked to battery life. 14hours of recording time for a full charge of the NikePlus Sportband battery. with backlight this usage time would drop too drastically.

Ultimately, NikePlus iPod and NikePlus Sportsband is a tool to motivate runners to join the nikeplus running community on line adn share the joys of running with other runners around the globe, at the same time providing them with the important things that runners want.

Much consideration was put into finding a balance of features and benefits by the development team over in Beaverton into the creation of the NikePlus Sportsband.

Do drop more comments and information through this tread and i'll try my best to come back to you guys and gals as often as possible.

A big thank you to all who took the time to come down to SIA Sports Club on Saturday!

Cheers,

Sacha.

Ultimately, NikePlus iPod and NikePlus Sportsband is a tool to motivate runners to join the nikeplus running community on line adn share the joys of running with other runners around the globe, at the same time providing them with the important things that runners want.

Much consideration was put into finding a balance of features and benefits by the development team over in Beaverton into the creation of the NikePlus Sportsband.

Cheers,

Sacha.

Does this only work for Nike+ shoes? Wouldn't want to be tied to one brand unneccessarily.

Cheers,

Sacha.

Does this only work for Nike+ shoes? Wouldn't want to be tied to one brand unneccessarily.

can i answer this question?

You need a NIKE+ shoe in order to place the sensor in the shoe because there is a cavity in the left shoe. Otherwise, you have to figure out how to attach the sensor to your shoe.

The sensor is very light and it will not add weight to your shoe.

You need a NIKE+ shoe in order to place the sensor in the shoe because there is a cavity in the left shoe. Otherwise, you have to figure out how to attach the sensor to your shoe.

In that case, is it possible to attached it just like a foodpod ? Will it still work ?

In that case, is it possible to attached it just like a foodpod ? Will it still work ?

a footpod like a polar's can be clipped onto to your shoelace. right? this sensor can't.

you can put it in the nike shoe pouch and clip the pouch to your shoe. but i do not know if the gadget will work or work well then.

a footpod like a polar's can be clipped onto to your shoelace. right? this sensor can't.

you can put it in the nike shoe pouch and clip the pouch to your shoe. but i do not know if the gadget will work or work well then.

Shssssssssshhhhh brokie, you aint suppose to say that

Shssssssssshhhhh brokie, you aint suppose to say that

but best is still to use the nike+ shoes because the sensor can sit very snugly in the cavity in the left shoe.

Aiyoh! Sorry for the silly question lah, should have guessed. Yah, I have the Vomero 2+ now with the cavity in the sole. But if I get this, then have to keep buying Nike+ shoes ar?? From what I know about Polar footpods, it needs to sit really tight, even a little of free play will throw the measurement off, so I'm not sure the shoe pouch will work.

Aiyoh! Sorry for the silly question lah, should have guessed. Yah, I have the Vomero 2+ now with the cavity in the sole. But if I get this, then have to keep buying Nike+ shoes ar?? From what I know about Polar footpods, it needs to sit really tight, even a little of free play will throw the measurement off, so I'm not sure the shoe pouch will work.

yes...because the sensor makes use of accelerometer techonology which depends on motion to work....so depending on the level of noise that it is designed to cancel, any extra vibration or motion will throw the accuracy off........so sitting in the midsole in Nike+ shoes is the best bet so far.......and also I not sure about this unless there is some detailed technical description about this, if you placed the sensor in the shoes pouch, the sensor will not be sitting horizontally or parallel to the ground....this may also affects the accuracy.

yes...because the sensor makes use of accelerometer techonology which depends on motion to work....so depending on the level of noise that it is designed to cancel, any extra vibration or motion will throw the accuracy off........so sitting in the midsole in Nike+ shoes is the best bet so far.......and also I not sure about this unless there is some detailed technical description about this, if you placed the sensor in the shoes pouch, the sensor will not be sitting horizontally or parallel to the ground....this may also affects the accuracy.

Seriously, if measurement of distance accuracy is of utmost importance when considering a distance measuring gadget, GPS technology would have to be used.

As explained by Sacha, the accuracy of the distance measured may also be affected when running on undulating terrain even if the sensor is sitting in the midsole of a Nike+ shoe.

You can also cut a hole in the non-Nike shoe and insert the sensor inside. :Just Kidding: