Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leftarmstrong

SKINS

I will lost some weight then starts to contemplate all these wears. Do not want to show the bulging fat.

I will lost some weight then starts to contemplate all these wears. Do not want to show the bulging fat.

Hi, hophIng, Is that you I met last evening at YCK stadium?

leggie,

I recall you were one of the early adopters of SKINS, and now there is a growing following here in Singapore.

Heard that PS (Phei Sunn) did get the Junior version, and fits her to a T....so it is available here from the distributor.

How many colors do u have now, leggie?

yo dreamie, i'm very conservative one. to date still only have black :blushing:

one with yellow trim and one with purple trim (female size). actually i prefer the ones with the yellow trim as the female version has the trim running just down the middle of the crotch area and can be quite uncomfortable. the yellow-trim ones are different design and feels ALOT more comfy :Big Grin:

dreamie, what colour(s) do YOU have? :cool_grin:

Leggie.. i hv the black with yellow trimming too :smilie_daumen1: ... I din wear the Skins properly on my first test run.. found some discomforts behind the knee area.. too much materials gathered there.. :tongue_smilie: Know how to wear Skins now... the length is bit too long, need to fold them at the ankle.. :Big Grin: I may use Skins for sundown... ^_^

and also, such body hugging outfit only serve to amplified my er... bulge here and there in all the wrong places. hhahaha....

Haha... Brokie, U talking abt me.. :tongue_smilie: the compression top is not so comfortable in hot n humid weather.. the tight is shiokz n comfi lah... Dun u think PS look sexy in her Skins capri!! Haha... :cool_grin:

The Youth sizes will fit U... n is half price.. :Big Grin:

Brokie, I wore 2XU compression tights that night...no SKINS. Kayano, DO, Ultra, Alber. PS were all in SKINS :)

The youth version should suit u, Brokie, and I think the one with purple trimming (and 3/4 length) might look great on u....and will certainly aid with your recovery and avoid injury....consider it!

If running shoes can be customized.....compression outfit too I believe? It would look great on Brokie too. Nevertheless, black color tend to shrink the feature a little, Brokie is already "dear a little", cannot be any smaller than that :tongue_smilie: But truly.....majority of the runners would look cool in such compression outfit. ^_^

...the compression top is not so comfortable in hot n humid weather.. the tight is shiokz n comfi lah...

have some thinking about the top. Don't know whether it is useful or not. Your comment is not so comfortable, but is it useful?

...the compression top is not so comfortable in hot n humid weather.. the tight is shiokz n comfi lah...

have some thinking about the top. Don't know whether it is useful or not. Your comment is not so comfortable, but is it useful?

If it rains heavily and if it’s that cold the weather, it helps....but in Singapore weather and no wind, you melt!

In term of Performance... i believe the compression helps the upper body.. except my lower back is well insulated by a thick layer of babe fats.. hehe... made me want to visit the toilet often!!! :tongue_smilie:

I strained by back slightly on monday while playing with my red toy, wearing the comp top brings immediate reliefs n help recovery... again what works for me, mayb not be helpful to u.. after paying so much for the comp apparel, i seriously want to believe it works!!! hhahaaa... :Big Grin:

Do get your SKINS from Singapore. Was in AUS for holiday last week and they are all starting from the AUS60 range for short tights. Basically most of the sports stuff in AUS are more expensive than Singapore

My friend got his Skins bottom (full length) at only S$70 from a neighbouring country source!

That is half the price of what they are selling here. :blink:

and also, such body hugging outfit only serve to amplified my er... bulge here and there in all the wrong places. hhahaha....

Haha... Brokie, U talking abt me.. :tongue_smilie: the compression top is not so comfortable in hot n humid weather.. the tight is shiokz n comfi lah... Dun u think PS look sexy in her Skins capri!! Haha... :cool_grin:

i wasn't talking about you la. in fact, you looked nice and sexy in your SKINS.

PS has no bulge of course she looked great in SKINS as well.

one plus point about youth size is half priced! heh heh hehh....

Do get your SKINS from Singapore. Was in AUS for holiday last week and they are all starting from the AUS60 range for short tights. Basically most of the sports stuff in AUS are more expensive than Singapore

My friend got his Skins bottom (full length) at only S$70 from a neighbouring country source!

That is half the price of what they are selling here. :blink:

Dream/ Brokie - my purple capri tights was female XS, not the Youth. The guy didn't have the youth sizes in stock yet. I'm still waiting for those. I think Brokie can use a Youth-small. :) But don't have purple.

Swift - I think your friend got a Youth version? (which is also selling for S$70 here in Spore). The adult full-length can't possibly be that cheap unless the seller is clearing at cost price. USD100 for full-length, assuming cost price is 50-70% discount from retail price, and almost no profit, then S$70. But super unlikely to have such seller. If have such lobang, must share leh. :)

yea brokie rsm, DO sifu is right. the youth sizes should fit you, and you'll look sexy! :xyzthumbs:

you where got bulge here and there? you look sexy even without the tights on leh :jasmine:

yea brokie rsm, DO sifu is right. the youth sizes should fit you, and you'll look sexy! :xyzthumbs:

you where got bulge here and there? you look sexy even without the tights on leh :jasmine:

arlo, no tights so baggy baggy all covered up mah.... tight tight all will show... like the mascot of michelin tyres!

I did a solo nite run from 10pm till around 3.30am and guess what i caught a chill becoz of what i wore, maybe i did not change into warm clothing fast enuff but gotta look out for those doing the 84km come around 4 - 5 am there might be a slight chill. The skins top not only will help in this area but also works well for recovery. I wear it during heavy work out session in the gym and post work out it really helps.

I actually wrote in to skins and enquired and they were very prompt with their reply:

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for your enquiry regarding Skins products.

In response to your questions, Skins are designed primarily for use in all active sports, although we would not normally recommend them for water related sports (specifically swimming), because it does reduce the effectiveness of those benefits that have become synonymous with Skins. Likewise, and in common with any garment, there is always the risk that over a period of time both chlorine and salt water can have an adverse effect on the fabric and stitching.

I hope that this clarifies the situation.

Cheers,

David

Hi Nicholas,

Yes, they can certainly be worn when sleeping, and it’s not uncommon for leading athletes worldwide to do this. To derive the maximum therapeutic benefits post exercise (reduction in muscle soreness and accelerated recovery from soft tissue injuries), it is recommended that Skins be worn for a period of 4 hours minimum. This is especially applicable to the lower limbs.

There is certainly no reason why Skins cannot be worn for a prolonged period of time, and they are becoming increasingly more evident in distance running events, whether training or competing.

From a care perspective, if you use a cool wash cycle, and natural drying process, this will ensure that the performance attributes are not compromised.

Cheers,

David

Just to help others who are thinking of getting the product, (disclaimer: I do not work for the company)

I kinda agree that maybe we can form a skins running contingent.

Well........

First of all, such attire is not cheap. Without any discount both tights are about the same price region S$170+ level? And that is before the top.

2XU tights are undisputable a good collection, user friendly and comfortable. SKINS is as its name, you feel as if it’s part of your skin during the run and comfortable too. In term of design, SKINS can be more "sexier" and come with more than a few colors to select! :smilie_daumen1:

I have tested 2XU a day after the familiarization run of 45-46km (ran extra ); I ended up running 12km with my typical pace as if I did not run a marathon the day before. Whereas for SKINS, I have tested doing 20km a few days later and the very first thing I noted was that many pair of eyes were eyeing "sinfully" at me when I ran pass them. :sweat: But yes, you do feel well during and after the run. SKINS is a worthy investment! Both test runs were conducted at night.

Nevertheless, should a runner suffer from any prior internal injury, I doubt these 2 products could make any difference. It is more of a preventive than reactive? :/

Not sure if it can last well under the sun? Maybe too warm to wear it? ^_^

sorry that i've no time to go through all the posts but with regards to wearing it for run under the sun in singapore condition, then you really have to believe what i've got to say here...

for those who know, i do sweat a lot and feel hot easily such that i can only "perform in weather like less than 10 deg celsius... but when i wear my cw-x for AHM 06, SCSM 06, MR25 Ultra 06 and 07, i do not feel warm at all... also, i do not feel so much sweat as compare to dri-fit shorts... well, at least not in singapore weather... (in countries with less humidity, my dri-fit shorts will not drip as much... :P )

however, i have never wear skins or other brand so i can't say if they works like that too... :)

Well........

First of all, such attire is not cheap. Without any discount both tights are about the same price region S$170+ level? And that is before the top.

2XU tights are undisputable a good collection, user friendly and comfortable. SKINS is as its name, you feel as if it’s part of your skin during the run and comfortable too. In term of design, SKINS can be more "sexier" and come with more than a few colors to select! :smilie_daumen1:

I have tested 2XU a day after the familiarization run of 45-46km (ran extra ); I ended up running 12km with my typical pace as if I did not run a marathon the day before. Whereas for SKINS, I have tested doing 20km a few days later and the very first thing I noted was that many pair of eyes were eyeing "sinfully" at me when I ran pass them. :sweat: But yes, you do feel well during and after the run. SKINS is a worthy investment! Both test runs were conducted at night.

Nevertheless, should a runner suffer from any prior internal injury, I doubt these 2 products could make any difference. It is more of a preventive than reactive? :/

Not sure if it can last well under the sun? Maybe too warm to wear it? ^_^

sorry that i've no time to go through all the posts but with regards to wearing it for run under the sun in singapore condition, then you really have to believe what i've got to say here...

for those who know, i do sweat a lot and feel hot easily such that i can only "perform in weather like less than 10 deg celsius... but when i wear my cw-x for AHM 06, SCSM 06, MR25 Ultra 06 and 07, i do not feel warm at all... also, i do not feel so much sweat as compare to dri-fit shorts... well, at least not in singapore weather... (in countries with less humidity, my dri-fit shorts will not drip as much... :P )

however, i have never wear skins or other brand so i can't say if they works like that too... :)

As long as you are not wearing the compression top attire, you are ok. Under Singapore weather, such compression top maybe too warm to cope after 1 marathon (subject to weather condition).

As long as you are not wearing the compression top attire, you are ok. Under Singapore weather, such compression top maybe too warm to cope after 1 marathon (subject to weather condition).

ultra, you mean compression top and compression tight are different? okie, i'll try next time... but for cw-x compression tights are good even in sunny singapore's afternoon... i wore on various occasions and felt cool... think its because of the material... :/

hehe ... i got my SKINs tight just now. :tongue_smilie:

Will try it this saturday ... :Big Grin:

Hi, hophIng, Is that you I met last evening at YCK stadium?

Yes Half timer. It is me, doing recovery run.

... but for cw-x compression tights are good even in sunny singapore's afternoon... i wore on various occasions and felt cool... think its because of the material... :/

Ripley / Ultraman, do you know any local sources for cw-x compression tights?

I understand both of you have used it.

Like to share what i read in another forum discussion:-

1) CW-X tights comes various fabric construction which helps to correct and support running posture and joints while preventing cramps in areas like quads, calfs, hamstring, lower back and stomach muscles (depending on which model you use).

2) While Skins helps better with post-exercise recovery with its gradient compression technology.

i got mine for $80 for the half length tights...

i think works really well....

considering to get additional one.. whether half or full length.

For full-length tights, my friend who is coming back from overseas is able to get it at approx S$130 after currency conversion.

I am getting a pair.

Anyone else keen to order SKINS - please pm me size, model and contact number asap.

Item will reach SIN by next Friday, 30th May 2008.

For model and size, refer here:

http://www.skins.net/us/en/Products/BioAcc...echnology/sport

Just sharing a lobang, if you know where to get it cheaper - do share.

Sharing my little mishap with SKINS - I've a pair of 3/4-length compression tights, only worn once for 30km fam run. I've been wearing my SKINS to sleep this past week. (Kiasee preparations for Sundown lah....). Put on my SKINS last night and :Cry: spotted a 1cm hole on the side seam near the hip. The thread broke and left a hole. And you can't cut or pull the thread, or the entire compression seam sewing will unravel.

:Nail Biting: Sundown's tmrw. Called Joel (the online SKINS guy whom I bought from). To his credit, he thinks it's a warranty claim, and is going to replace me with a brand new piece today. :Whew:

Excellent service. But less to be said abt the construct of tights.

Oh btw, the Youth sizes should be in very soon (this info's for petite ladies).

Cheers, PS

If the alignment is not correct, it may cause unforseen abrasion after 63km mark. The 1st run is always ok but its the 2nd run that is the major concern. So just be careful when you put it on and make sure every small detail is OK. Good luck.

Cheers.

Ultra

just wondering though - do you guys get it based on the measurements as recommended? i.e., by your waist size?

Concern here, of course, is that if you get one size up for comfort, you wont be reaping the benefits of the compression. (: