Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leftarmstrong

SKINS

I just learnt another place (I am not associated and I've yet to buy from them myself) that is cheaper - http://www.bwasog.com/sgdiscs/skins.html

Happily blogging in my new SKINS :P

PS

Wah.. PS.. U r Fast... :cool_grin: I hope to sleep in them soon too .. hehe.. :Tounge:

I bought from this fellow (Joel) yesterday, and slept in my first ever pair of compression tights last night :) . I am a happy camper........

Nice chap, and he delivers too (at a small charge).

dkw.. i just sent him a email.. wonder if XS size fit me ? What is yr Size? :)

DO - Alber bought XS, though he's still deciding if he should change to XXS or not. For myself, I find the compression from 2XU tighter than SKINS. Not sure if it's a sizing or design issue. I've not worn SKINS for runs yet though. Testing them this Friday. But just putting both on, SKINS felt smoother and more comfy, albeit less tight. The guy (Joel) and gf wear SKINS for frisbee & touch rugby.

DO - Alber bought XS, though he's still deciding if he should change to XXS or not. For myself, I find the compression from 2XU tighter than SKINS. Not sure if it's a sizing or design issue. I've not worn SKINS for runs yet though. Testing them this Friday. But just putting both on, SKINS felt smoother and more comfy, albeit less tight. The guy (Joel) and gf wear SKINS for frisbee & touch rugby.

Considering how much it cost and the delicate feel of the fabric, I am already a bit 'heart-pain' when I brushed against furniture and it snagged a little (thankfully nothing pulled out). They go and throw themselves around a dirty field with it ah?

I just learnt another place (I am not associated and I've yet to buy from them myself) that is cheaper - http://www.bwasog.com/sgdiscs/skins.html

Happily blogging in my new SKINS :P

PS

Wah.. PS.. U r Fast... :cool_grin: I hope to sleep in them soon too .. hehe.. :Tounge:

I bought from this fellow (Joel) yesterday, and slept in my first ever pair of compression tights last night :) . I am a happy camper........

Nice chap, and he delivers too (at a small charge).

dkw.. i just sent him a email.. wonder if XS size fit me ? What is yr Size? :)

PS n dkw... thks for the feedback... contacted him... hope to get mine tonite!!

Wow .. u guys make me feel like trying it too ... <_<

Hmmm ... my current 2XU is medium and find it abit loose .. mayb can try small for SKINs! :blushing:

Hmmm ... my current 2XU is medium and find it abit loose .. mayb can try small for SKINs! :blushing:

Hmm.... don't know if I've seen you. But you mean your usual shorts/ tights sizing is L? Otherwise for 2XU, you shld get 1 size down from your norm. And for ladies, 2 sizes down (cos unisex cut). Happy Skin-ning. :)

PS

Hmm.... don't know if I've seen you. But you mean your usual shorts/ tights sizing is L? Otherwise for 2XU, you shld get 1 size down from your norm. And for ladies, 2 sizes down (cos unisex cut). Happy Skin-ning. :)

PS

Nope, my usual shorts are M. But based on the sizing chart, I shd still be M.

U meant, I shd go for S?

Thanks alot

so the 2XU can also ve found at peninsular??

Nope, not there..... you can get 2XU at the Running Lab at #03-20 Funan centre or #01-47 Velocity.

PS: At the end of the day it is the person inside that make a different. If without any foundation.... 2XU, SKINS or CWX etc, will never work. ^_^

hehe... i will get to wear my Skins for sleep tonite!!! :smilie_daumen1: kk, u can ask Joel to let u try size first...

Nope, not there..... you can get 2XU at the Running Lab at #03-20 Funan centre or #01-47 Velocity.

PS: At the end of the day it is the person inside that make a different. If without any foundation.... 2XU, SKINS or CWX etc, will never work. ^_^

Ohh... Sifu.. I am Vain mah... i can't run but must at least look good!!! :tongue_smilie:

PS

Nope, my usual shorts are M. But based on the sizing chart, I shd still be M.

U meant, I shd go for S?

Thanks alot

kk - Yup, for 2XU, then u shld have taken S. :)

ultra- eh, foundation not substantial, all the more must look shwee mah.

hehe... i will get to wear my Skins for sleep tonite!!! :smilie_daumen1: kk, u can ask Joel to let u try size first...

Ohh... Sifu.. I am Vain mah... i can't run but must at least look good!!! :tongue_smilie:

Haha ... so u got yours liao. Hmm ... ok, drop him a note liao.

Same same, I also vain ... must at least look good when can't out-run them! :Big Grin:

[

kk - Yup, for 2XU, then u shld have taken S. :)

Orite, thanks a lot.

Hahaha sure hope that we can all be looking smart and great at the 80km mark of Sundown run :Big Grin:

Hahaha sure hope that we can all be looking smart and great at the 80km mark of Sundown run :Big Grin:

I for one won't be, n that's provided I survive long enough on my legs to get to that mark.

Hello!

My name is Joel.

I run the little site that people seem to be are talking about.

I figured I'd drop in and say hi, since my name keeps popping up :)

I chose to bring in Skins for 3 reasons.

1. They are REALLY comfortable

2. They look great :)

3. they come in many pretty colours!!

That said, I have tried several brands of compression gear and Skins are the only brand I am comfortable lounging around in. They got the material just right I feel, and the texture is plush and feels great next to the skin.

In regards to sizing, this is significant because I have come to the conclusion that a properly fitted pair of skins will ot feel as 'tight' as 2xu or CWX simply because they are more comfortable and fit better. That does lead to 'less' compression. Or rather less of a 'compressed' feel. But that begs the question, how much do we really need?

I believe Skins also breathe better. I never get the clammy feel I get when wearing some other brands.

and YES, I do wear my skins and throw myself around the ground occasionally :) it prevents abrasions and the dirt washes off nice :)

I do have alot to say about skins :) but feel free to post questions, I will try to answer them as best as I can.

and once again.. they look REALLY cool :)

Hello!

My name is Joel.

I run the little site that people seem to be are talking about.

I figured I'd drop in and say hi, since my name keeps popping up :)

I chose to bring in Skins for 3 reasons.

1. They are REALLY comfortable

2. They look great :)

3. they come in many pretty colours!!

That said, I have tried several brands of compression gear and Skins are the only brand I am comfortable lounging around in. They got the material just right I feel, and the texture is plush and feels great next to the skin.

In regards to sizing, this is significant because I have come to the conclusion that a properly fitted pair of skins will ot feel as 'tight' as 2xu or CWX simply because they are more comfortable and fit better. That does lead to 'less' compression. Or rather less of a 'compressed' feel. But that begs the question, how much do we really need?

I believe Skins also breathe better. I never get the clammy feel I get when wearing some other brands.

and YES, I do wear my skins and throw myself around the ground occasionally :) it prevents abrasions and the dirt washes off nice :)

I do have alot to say about skins :) but feel free to post questions, I will try to answer them as best as I can.

and once again.. they look REALLY cool :)

(first person to contact me to purchase full length RED skins tights gets an additional 5 % off I REALLY wanna see what that looks like!! lol)

Ragdoll... Nice dealing with U... Cya later. :)

A quick question, I wearing 2XU comp, both top n long tight.. XS size.. the top is okie.. As for the tight is okie, but XXS size could fit me more snug!

I have ordered Skins XS for both.. wondering if i shd down the tight size for Skins to XXS? pls advise.. Tks... :)

No 2 human skins alike, some may prefer a tough hugging through CWX or a lesser from 2XU, a gentle person may prefer SKINS like skin as it is. In my opinion, each has its own strength and it’s up to each to pick the right one for their needs. I am scared of CWX as it has made me into incredible HULK once a while. 2XU is fine and now I enjoyed SKINS (partly the designed stand out at night) and all the comfort is there. ^_^

Do get your SKINS from Singapore. Was in AUS for holiday last week and they are all starting from the AUS60 range for short tights. Basically most of the sports stuff in AUS are more expensive than Singapore

Do get your SKINS from Singapore. Was in AUS for holiday last week and they are all starting from the AUS60 range for short tights. Basically most of the sports stuff in AUS are more expensive than Singapore

Yes you can get it from Singapore. There is only one place at the moment, at Peninsula shopping centre. You can get 15% discount.....but such attires is never cheap.

afew of you who have posted here have mentioned that the SKINS felt big even though it was already the smallest size. Just for your interest, SKINS come in specific male and female sizes. And in Oz, they also come in YOUTH's sizes (though these are unisex) and price is slightly cheaper too.

am currently wearing YOUTH size M. Tried a pair of CW-X but even the smallest size was still too big for me :(

so maybe you can check with the shops/suppliers to see if they bring in the YOUTH's sizes as well? Or maybe collate your orders and ask them?

PS/ I don't work for SKINS :001_tt2:

afew of you who have posted here have mentioned that the SKINS felt big even though it was already the smallest size. Just for your interest, SKINS come in specific male and female sizes. And in Oz, they also come in YOUTH's sizes (though these are unisex) and price is slightly cheaper too.

am currently wearing YOUTH size M. Tried a pair of CW-X but even the smallest size was still too big for me :(

so maybe you can check with the shops/suppliers to see if they bring in the YOUTH's sizes as well? Or maybe collate your orders and ask them?

PS/ I don't work for SKINS :001_tt2:

leggie,

I recall you were one of the early adopters of SKINS, and now there is a growing following here in Singapore.

Heard that PS (Phei Sunn) did get the Junior version, and fits her to a T....so it is available here from the distributor.

How many colors do u have now, leggie?

leggie,

I recall you were one of the early adopters of SKINS, and now there is a growing following here in Singapore.

Heard that PS (Phei Sunn) did get the Junior version, and fits her to a T....so it is available here from the distributor.

yo dreamie, i'm very conservative one. to date still only have black :blushing:

one with yellow trim and one with purple trim (female size). actually i prefer the ones with the yellow trim as the female version has the trim running just down the middle of the crotch area and can be quite uncomfortable. the yellow-trim ones are different design and feels ALOT more comfy :Big Grin:

dreamie, what colour(s) do YOU have? :cool_grin:

leggie,

one with yellow trim and one with purple trim (female size). actually i prefer the ones with the yellow trim as the female version has the trim running just down the middle of the crotch area and can be quite uncomfortable. the yellow-trim ones are different design and feels ALOT more comfy :Big Grin:

oh leggie, I don't have SKIN, I mean SKINS yet :tongue_smilie:

hmm, didn't know that the female version has a different trimming....yah, I like the yellow trimming ones too :)

leggie,

hmm, didn't know that the female version has a different trimming....yah, I like the yellow trimming ones too :)

dreamie baby, i htought you were wearing SKINS as well that friday night? no?

short, i'm so afraid that youth size also doesn't fit me! and also, such body hugging outfit only serve to amplified my er... bulge here and there in all the wrong places. hhahaha....

leggie,

dreamie baby, i htought you were wearing SKINS as well that friday night? no?

short, i'm so afraid that youth size also doesn't fit me! and also, such body hugging outfit only serve to amplified my er... bulge here and there in all the wrong places. hhahaha....

Brokie, I wore 2XU compression tights that night...no SKINS. Kayano, DO, Ultra, Alber. PS were all in SKINS :)

The youth version should suit u, Brokie, and I think the one with purple trimming (and 3/4 length) might look great on u....and will certainly aid with your recovery and avoid injury....consider it!