Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leftarmstrong

SKINS

next time try stuffing your handphone...it will stay as well

:wacko: but if the person sweats excessively, then i dun think its a good idea... :Big Grin:

maybe radiation on ur legs can make u run faster

maybe turn the vibrate on ur phone permanently on then can massage ur legs as u run too. one phone on right ITB, one on left

Hmm, been reading the thread on SKINS and tights.

Got a question though: What's the difference between full-length, half tights and shorts?? (besides the length... Haha.) I've never tried any running tights before.

Oh yea, the SKINS one look interesting and tempting. :-)

Got a question though: What's the difference between full-length, half tights and shorts?? (besides the length... Haha.) I've never tried any running tights before.

I've tried both full and half length. I really notice it on my lower legs if I don't wear the full ones. Sometimes I even wear tubi-grip for additional support. Really makes a difference. Not convinced the half length ones have helped me at all.

I've tried both full and half length. I really notice it on my lower legs if I don't wear the full ones. Sometimes I even wear tubi-grip for additional support. Really makes a difference. Not convinced the half length ones have helped me at all.

I bought one half tights (Black with yellow) for my biathlon this year, and i was totally awwe at how it really worked! The next day i felt terrible aching on my calfs and shin, but none on my thighs. i thought it was just of pure chance, so i did a experiment. I wear another brand of tights and run,cycle, to my surprised i felt the soreness right after the run/cycle but not with SKins.

Now i'm thinking of wearing full tights for sundown marathon. It is really expensive this tights but surely worth the money! I'm going to australia soon as well, any idea where to get them and is it cheaper??

Cheers

I bought one half tights (Black with yellow) for my biathlon this year, and i was totally awwe at how it really worked! The next day i felt terrible aching on my calfs and shin, but none on my thighs. i thought it was just of pure chance, so i did a experiment. I wear another brand of tights and run,cycle, to my surprised i felt the soreness right after the run/cycle but not with SKins.

Now i'm thinking of wearing full tights for sundown marathon. It is really expensive this tights but surely worth the money! I'm going to australia soon as well, any idea where to get them and is it cheaper??

Cheers

Woah!! Seriously. The half tights will make such a big difference?! I am really keen on getting but deliberating between the half or full. Don't really see that many people running with full tights ard Sg, especially if its some run in the day. Hmm...

Cheers

Woah!! Seriously. The half tights will make such a big difference?! I am really keen on getting but deliberating between the half or full. Don't really see that many people running with full tights ard Sg, especially if its some run in the day. Hmm...

East Coast Parkway, every Saturday between 6am and 9am you'll see me in varying colours.

Tomorrow will be in blue.

Made myself run in the mid-day heat in black Skins so I could deal with Singapore's conditions.

Cheers

East Coast Parkway, every Saturday between 6am and 9am you'll see me in varying colours.

Tomorrow will be in blue.

Made myself run in the mid-day heat in black Skins so I could deal with Singapore's conditions.

Lolx. You even have a variety of colours to pick from!?

I shall go down to the shop at Peninsular asap after my exams. Hopefully they have the whole range to choose from. Lolx. =p

Anybody know if Kobe 2000 is open on Sundays? Given the odd opening hours (1:30-8:30pm weekdays), thought I'd check...

Looking at the black full and half 2XU compression tights...

am jumping on the SKINS bandwagon... will trial it during next sat's fam run before the ultra challenge next month

i like the full length cw-x... that's my standard gear for running marathons... for the short length one, i only use it for ippt and short races... :)

i like the full length cw-x... that's my standard gear for running marathons... for the short length one, i only use it for ippt and short races... :)

Hi Ripley - where did you get your cw-x from and which model do you use?

I just picked up some 2XU shorts from Chan at Kobe 2000 (possibly one of the nicest shop owners I've come across !). He didn't have any full length compression tights - would be interested to get a pair of cw-x stabilyx (which aren't compression tights by first intent - supposed to mimic myofascial taping apparently) to compare with the 2XU full length compression tights when Chan gets the stock in. Will probably try cw-x for running and 2XU for recovery...

Cheers

Robbo

Hi Ripley - where did you get your cw-x from and which model do you use?

I just picked up some 2XU shorts from Chan at Kobe 2000 (possibly one of the nicest shop owners I've come across !). He didn't have any full length compression tights - would be interested to get a pair of cw-x stabilyx (which aren't compression tights by first intent - supposed to mimic myofascial taping apparently) to compare with the 2XU full length compression tights when Chan gets the stock in. Will probably try cw-x for running and 2XU for recovery...

Cheers

Robbo

i got my first pair (full) in richmond, virginia in 2005... then got 1 short and 1 full in new york city in 2006... had wanted to get from tokyo this year... wow, they really have loads of colors but the price is very expensive... :sweat:

i intend to get the stabilyx when i go usa later this year... :) the current one is expert tights... :smilie_daumen1:

Hi there,

Was thinking of getting one 2 for the upcoming nite marathon anyone here uses the top as well was told that if one perspires the perspiration will just come come out just like skins has got its owns glands and it helps with ones posture too. Hmmm wondering if there is tri-suit that is lidat would be good to. It would be good if it serves to regulate body temp too coz i got upper tract respiratory infection from chill and overtraining...haiz...

The sudden surge in interest in compression long tights for Sundown. :) I think many of the runners have tried and compared several brands. Does anyone have views to share about 2XU vs SKINS full-length compression tights?

I tried 2XU longs during last week's fam run. Even though it was at night, my legs still felt 'stuffy'. The tights didn't seem to fit very well, some excess material around the pelvic-waist (I've already gotten the smallest possible size). I'm not sure if that's because 2XU are unisex.

Tks! ;)

PS

The sudden surge in interest in compression long tights for Sundown. :) I think many of the runners have tried and compared several brands. Does anyone have views to share about 2XU vs SKINS full-length compression tights?

I tried 2XU longs during last week's fam run. Even though it was at night, my legs still felt 'stuffy'. The tights didn't seem to fit very well, some excess material around the pelvic-waist (I've already gotten the smallest possible size). I'm not sure if that's because 2XU are unisex.

Tks! ;)

PS

The SKINS worked well for me .. The top did wick away the prespiration very well..... u might want to try it out and oh yes, SKINS do have the female range (purple; now does e color entice you??=p), for which the sizes will definitely suit u much better.

If you are into running in the long run, I think it's (SKINS) worth the investment. Even if u dun use it for runs, u could use them for recovery purpose.

Yes! I saw the SKINS catalog & drooled over the luverly purple matching set! :) The female range comes in capri tights too, perhaps better for our hot weather.

But still interested in a comparison of 2XU & SKINS. 2XU also wicked sweat well. Wonder what those runners who have tested both have to say. :)

PS

Yes! I saw the SKINS catalog & drooled over the luverly purple matching set! :) The female range comes in capri tights too, perhaps better for our hot weather.

But still interested in a comparison of 2XU & SKINS. 2XU also wicked sweat well. Wonder what those runners who have tested both have to say. :)

PS

Well........

First of all, such attire is not cheap. Without any discount both tights are about the same price region S$170+ level? And that is before the top.

2XU tights are undisputable a good collection, user friendly and comfortable. SKINS is as its name, you feel as if it’s part of your skin during the run and comfortable too. In term of design, SKINS can be more "sexier" and come with more than a few colors to select! :smilie_daumen1:

I have tested 2XU a day after the familiarization run of 45-46km (ran extra ); I ended up running 12km with my typical pace as if I did not run a marathon the day before. Whereas for SKINS, I have tested doing 20km a few days later and the very first thing I noted was that many pair of eyes were eyeing "sinfully" at me when I ran pass them. :sweat: But yes, you do feel well during and after the run. SKINS is a worthy investment! Both test runs were conducted at night.

Nevertheless, should a runner suffer from any prior internal injury, I doubt these 2 products could make any difference. It is more of a preventive than reactive? :/

Not sure if it can last well under the sun? Maybe too warm to wear it? ^_^

I learnt from the lady in charget at Athletes Domain at 2nd floor Peninsular Shopping Centre that they are offering 15% off at their shop. She also mentioned that Weston at Queensway 1st floor also sells SKINS but Weston offers only 10% off.

New to this.. need advice, what is the advantage of wearing a SKINS than normal Dry-Fit with Shorts?

Bt, if we were to run in a colder climate or mountain, what kind of attire and shoe are for that (protect against coldness, Wind and Slippery, etc.)? I saw that people wear a full length attire, are they types of SKINS?

I learnt from the lady in charget at Athletes Domain at 2nd floor Peninsular Shopping Centre that they are offering 15% off at their shop. She also mentioned that Weston at Queensway 1st floor also sells SKINS but Weston offers only 10% off.

I just learnt another place (I am not associated and I've yet to buy from them myself) that is cheaper - http://www.bwasog.com/sgdiscs/skins.html

I just learnt another place (I am not associated and I've yet to buy from them myself) that is cheaper - http://www.bwasog.com/sgdiscs/skins.html

Thanks for the link! I just bought a couple of SKINS items from this guy. He brings in direct from Australia SKINS distributor. Prices are abt 20+% off, so it's $10-20 cheaper than the Peninsula shop. He has a variety of colours too (if you look at the SKINS catalog/ website). Friendly chap. Contact him directly via the email addr on the website. He responds pretty quickly within the day.

The ladies series website is: http://www.bwasog.com/sgdiscs/skinsshe.html There's also a very detailed comparison chart across all the various compression brands.

Happily blogging in my new SKINS :P

PS

PS

Wah.. PS.. U r Fast... :cool_grin: I hope to sleep in them soon too .. hehe.. :Tounge:

PS

Wah.. PS.. U r Fast... :cool_grin: I hope to sleep in them soon too .. hehe.. :Tounge:

I bought from this fellow (Joel) yesterday, and slept in my first ever pair of compression tights last night :) . I am a happy camper........

Nice chap, and he delivers too (at a small charge).

PS

I bought from this fellow (Joel) yesterday, and slept in my first ever pair of compression tights last night :) . I am a happy camper........

Nice chap, and he delivers too (at a small charge).

dkw.. i just sent him a email.. wonder if XS size fit me ? What is yr Size? :)