Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

CBD Runners Gather - 2015 (Every Tuesday) cbd run

The C00l Brainy Dudes Run

It was a day of records.... not becos PB timings were smashed, but a record number of 30 SG runners all over the country came in awe of our 2 Kings - King of the Track Ironmandreamer and King of FR Roentgen and celebrate their birthday

There were also a record of 3 birthday cakes, 3 CAMERAS (a tripod is also being used) and record of 5 tables occupied at Maxwell food centre!!!!

Here's the supporters who ran:

For the ladies, Angelica_Wonders, Yean Yin, Evelyn Wee, Roonz, Le Charlotte, Kickjazz, Charmane, meteor

For the guys: James Soh, Tiwazz, Philip, Sotong, Andy, Shutehelup, Taz, Teelee, Aichai, Ronnie, Nemo, Splitz (aka Leonard), TG, Puay Hien, SV, plus the 2 Kings

At about 7.20pm, the big group started and began to split into 3 smaller ones to accomodate the varying speeds and mileages of the runners. The fast group comprising of Andy, Ronnie, TG and me did the usual 9km route to the pier past the Marina seafood centre while the rest did a shorter route, skipping

Based on Roengten's footpod:

Total time = 1 h 8 min 26 sec (for last group)

Total Distance = 9.25 km (excluding final portion along Maxwell road)

Average Pace = 7:34 per km; 4:55 per km (max)

It was then time for a birthday song and cake cutting for our dear hunks in the open space right next to Tg Pagar MRT station. Special thanks to Teelee and Tiwazz who bought the peach cake, carrot cake and brownie cake, as well as Sotong who brought delicious egg tarts. Someone (sorry I didn't know) kindly contributed peanut rolls too (pardon me if i didn't know who you r  :hail: ) Balasing, Junie, Cosmic Wind, TLR and FD came down specially too for the celebration. With all the yummy cakes, tarts and rolls, we went to maxwell hawker centre where majority just chilled with healthy drinks (er.... except one  :rolleyes: _

Verdict:

The appeal of the CBD Run has attracted more and more runners, not just becos of the route or yummy goodies after the run, but the wonderful SG Runners who make a rather mundane Tuesday seem like a "Coney Tuesday" to all of us, something we would look forward to every week. You guys rock  :smilie_daumen1:

:smilie_daumen1:

Great FR Nemo, befitting tribute to FR King's birthday.

Person who bought peanut and chocolate rolls was Meteor, thanks, it was yummy. :cheers:

It was a day of records.... not becos PB timings were smashed, but a

Verdict:

The appeal of the CBD Run has attracted more and more runners, not just becos of the route or yummy goodies after the run, but the wonderful SG Runners who make a rather mundane Tuesday seem like a "Coney Tuesday" to all of us, something we would look forward to every week. You guys rock  :smilie_daumen1:

wow, great FR by u too, nemo ! :smilie_daumen1:

think u can become the next FR king liao :cheers:

I wonder if the group keep getting bigger, next time may need to apply permit than can run already, lol.... :P

Go in batches.. no permits then!! :)

then gana questioned for illegal gathering at the end of the run ! :P

Must be very fun hor.....I MISS ANOTHER GOOD RUN. :(

Thanks Nemo for the FR, i can feel the excitement as CBD continue to grow from strength to strength. :smilie_daumen1:

Permit...hopefully not lah.... :rolleyes:

who is TG mention inside Nemo FR :/

so, where u go walk walk .... hai ... u miss all the good food !

but anyway, i doubt u will take them if u are there  :P

hehe.. you know me well!

i went for a nice, long walk! :)

Must be very fun hor.....I MISS ANOTHER GOOD RUN.  :(

Thanks Nemo for the FR, i can feel the excitement as CBD continue to grow from strength to strength.  :smilie_daumen1:

who is TG mention inside Nemo FR  :/

He is Puay Hien's friend, rem when we go for the 25KM MR recee run, he is with Puay Hien too.

Must be very fun hor.....I MISS ANOTHER GOOD RUN.  :(

Thanks Nemo for the FR, i can feel the excitement as CBD continue to grow from strength to strength.  :smilie_daumen1:

who is TG mention inside Nemo FR  :/

He is Puay Hien's friend, rem when we go for the 25KM MR recee run, he is with Puay Hien too.

phew, another fast runner man, me also can't catch up with him ! :sweat:

bee...cannot run, u can always passby and have some food....

we miss ur du sen photo taking :cool_grin:

:o ..

nice weather.. think i will not drop by...

i am going for a walk .. :rolleyes:

but anyway, i doubt u will take them if u are there :P

Yeah.....she watching her diet like a paranoid person.... :lol:

It was a day of records.... not becos PB timings were smashed, but a record number of 30 SG runners all over the country came in awe of our 2 Kings - King of the Track Ironmandreamer and King of FR Roentgen to celebrate their birthday!

Their birthday this year also marks a special number 20|06 2006

There were also a record of 3 birthday cakes, and record of 5 tables occupied at Maxwell food centre!!!!

Here's the supporters who ran:

For the ladies, Angelica_Wonders, Yean Yin, Evelyn Wee, Roonz, Le Charlotte, Kickjazz, Charmane, meteor

For the guys: James Soh, ,Superboy, Tiwazz, Philip, Sotong, Andy, Shutehelup, Taz, Teelee, Aichai, Ronnie, Nemo, Splitz (aka Leonard), TG, Puay Hien, SV, plus the 2 Kings

At about 7.20pm, the big group started and began to split into 3 smaller ones to accomodate the varying speeds and mileages of the runners. The fast group comprising of Andy, Ronnie, TG and me did the usual 9km route to the pier past the Marina seafood centre while the rest did a shorter route, skipping

Based on Roentgen's footpod:

Total time = 1 h 8 min 26 sec (for last group)

Total Distance = 9.25 km (excluding final portion along Maxwell road)

Average Pace = 7:34 per km; 4:55 per km (max)

Everyone clamoured to take photos with the Kings. It was then time for a birthday song and cake cutting for our dear hunks in the open space right next to Tg Pagar MRT station.

Special thanks to Teelee and Tiwazz who bought the peach cake, carrot cake and brownie cake, as well as Sotong who brought delicious egg tarts. Someone (sorry I didn't know) kindly contributed peanut rolls too (pardon me if i didn't know who you r  :hail: )

Junie, Balasing, Cosmic Wind, TLR and FD came down specially too for the celebration. Our dear Penghulu TLR then presented the Kings with a specially made SG Runners sticker as a brithday present. SV also handmade a special card for IMD.  :cheers:

With all the yummy cakes, tarts and rolls, we went to maxwell hawker centre where majority just chilled with healthy drinks (er.... except one  :rolleyes: )

Interestingly, Andy went round for table photography, where we all joked that it was macham like "The Wedding Banquet"... Hmmmm... IMD and Roentgen? Sounds kinda BrokeBack  :lol:

Photos here

Verdict:

The appeal of the CBD Run has attracted more and more runners, not just becos of the route or yummy goodies after the run, but the wonderful SG Runners who make a rather mundane Tuesday seem like a "Coney Tuesday" to all of us, something we would look forward to every week. You guys rock

Sorry i could'nt join you fellas again :(

Wahahaha.... 30 person!! Record siahz

i tink ppl going past muz be wondering "wads all dis ppl in runnin gear doin here on a tues!?"

looks lik i missed out on all e good food n drinks hoh

wah... cakes, tarts!! lol... keke... muz have been lotsa fun

esp for e 2 bday boys. So many ppl celebrate with dem! =)

You're not alone....i missed out on the fun because of work :(

It was a day of records.... not becos PB timings were smashed, but a

Verdict:

wow, great FR by u too, nemo ! :smilie_daumen1:

think u can become the next FR king liao :cheers:

Better start updating the nickname list....Tiwazz....where are you?? :P

Thanks to everyone for making my virgin CBD run such a fun and fulfilling one......

The first time I was there..... it rained... and people blamed me.....

Second time I was there...... just to makan..... quite fun......

Third time I was there...... I came... I saw..... and I ran......and of course... I ate..... and guess what.... NO RAIN LEH!!! (Tigger... you weren't there today... maybe it was you!!!)

New to the route.... but it was a nice route to run... I was amazed by the building at the jetty..... wah... so nice!!!

But I can finally see for myself... and experience for myself... the poweress of the CBD runners...... :hail: :hail:

Got to meet many new faces too... Eveyln, Roonz, Yean Yin, ST (electronics? tele-media?), Puay Hin... did I miss out anyone?

Lucky no traffic police around... else a lot of them sure kanna speeding tickets.....

BUT OF COURSE... THE BEST PART OF THE RUN WAS STILL THE BD CELEBRATION.... .and of course the food... *slurp*

You have not seen the last of me yet... in CBD run.... ha ha ha ha...

Long Live CBD Run!!! ..... and the food.....

but anyway, i doubt u will take them if u are there

hehe.. you know me well!

i went for a nice, long walk! :)

You alone??? :o .......did you have company??? Better be careful, try

to avoid rhose dark places

Don't worry about Bee... she was probably walking with some 8P guy..... :rolleyes:

ppl...

many thanks for all the fun moments yesterlay nite....

i bet all other "cbd runners" there will be beri tempted to join us for

a run after seeing such a big group ....:D

nice to meet all the new faces yesterlay nite.... :cheers:

hope to see u again....

the 2 Bday boys truely enjoyed themselves.... oo

thanks for all the yummy food last nite.... :xyzthumbs:

c u ppl next tues...same time same pl...

ppl...

many thanks for all the fun moments yesterlay nite....

i bet all other "cbd runners" there will be beri tempted to join us for

a run after seeing such a big group ....:D

nice to meet  all the new faces yesterlay nite.... :cheers:

hope to see u again....

the 2 Bday boys truely enjoyed themselves.... oo

thanks for all the yummy food last nite....  :xyzthumbs:

c u ppl next tues...same time same pl...

I am happy for you that you enjoyed the start of the week...I wish i

was there too :(

Thanks to everyone for making my virgin CBD run such a fun and fulfilling one......

The first time I was there..... it rained... and people blamed me.....

Second time I was there...... just to makan..... quite fun......

Third time I was there...... I came... I saw..... and I ran......and of course... I ate.....  and guess what.... NO RAIN LEH!!! (Tigger... you weren't there today... maybe it was you!!!)

New to the route.... but it was a nice route to run... I was amazed by the building at the jetty..... wah... so nice!!!

But I can finally see for myself... and experience for myself... the poweress of the CBD runners......  :hail:  :hail:

Got to meet many new faces too... Eveyln, Roonz, Yean Yin, ST (electronics? tele-media?), Puay Hin... did I miss out anyone?

Lucky no traffic police around... else a lot of them sure kanna speeding tickets.....

BUT OF COURSE... THE BEST PART OF THE RUN WAS STILL THE BD CELEBRATION.... .and of course the food... *slurp*

You have not seen the last of me yet... in CBD run.... ha ha ha ha...

Long Live CBD Run!!! ..... and the food.....

What rain got to do with me? :/