Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

CBD Runners Gather - 2015 (Every Tuesday) cbd run

:blink: Please take note.... that I replied AiChai..... "MAYBE"...... 

How come suddenly all the rumors about got Durian Puffs this evening....? *glurp*..... think I better start to  :ph34r: 

Think I forsee a stomachache this evening.... if you guys don't see me there... please proceed without me.... :P

nevermind tat sotong is absent. :rolleyes:

but all durian puffs must b present. :P

The Rain has stop, good weather for a run.  :smilie_daumen1:

Let's hope it doesn't get hot :)

No way its gonnna be hot, 7pm start how to be hot.

the word is not referring to the weather here lar, i think he referring to the mood later ....

The Rain has stop, good weather for a run.  :smilie_daumen1:

maybe bcos someone say not coming liao !

Ha, ha, ha.......you suan sotong ar?? Anyway i hope you guys have a

really good run today.... :lol:

hor... i never say is him hor, u say one har !!! :lol:

bee...cannot run, u can always passby and have some food....

we miss ur du sen photo taking :cool_grin:

:o ..

nice weather.. think i will not drop by...

i am going for a walk .. :rolleyes:

so, where u go walk walk .... hai ... u miss all the good food !

but anyway, i doubt u will take them if u are there :P

The C00l Brainy Dudes Run

It was a day of records.... not becos PB timings were smashed, but a record number of 30 SG runners all over the country came in awe of our 2 Kings - King of the Track Ironmandreamer and King of FR Roentgen to celebrate their birthday!

Their birthday this year also marks a special number 20|06 2006

There were also a record of 3 birthday cakes, and record of 5 tables occupied at Maxwell food centre!!!!

Here's the supporters who ran:

For the ladies, Angelica_Wonders, Yean Yin, Evelyn Wee, Roonz, Le Charlotte, Kickjazz, Charmane, meteor

For the guys: James Soh, ,Superboy, Tiwazz, Philip, Sotong, Andy, Shutehelup, Taz, Teelee, Aichai, Ronnie, Nemo, Splitz (aka Leonard), TG, Puay Hien, SV, plus the 2 Kings

At about 7.20pm, the big group started and began to split into 3 smaller ones to accomodate the varying speeds and mileages of the runners. The fast group comprising of Andy, Ronnie, TG and me did the usual 9km route to the pier past the Marina seafood centre while the rest did a shorter route, skipping

Based on Roentgen's footpod:

Total time = 1 h 8 min 26 sec (for last group)

Total Distance = 9.25 km (excluding final portion along Maxwell road)

Average Pace = 7:34 per km; 4:55 per km (max)

Everyone clamoured to take photos with the Kings. It was then time for a birthday song and cake cutting for our dear hunks in the open space right next to Tg Pagar MRT station.

Special thanks to Teelee and Tiwazz who bought the peach cake, carrot cake and brownie cake, as well as Sotong who brought delicious egg tarts. Meteor kindly contributed peanut rolls too :cheers:

Junie, Balasing, Cosmic Wind, TLR and FD came down specially too for the celebration. Our dear Penghulu TLR then presented the Kings with a specially made SG Runners sticker as a birthday present. SV also handmade a special card each for the birthday boys. :cheers:

With all the yummy cakes, tarts and rolls, we went to maxwell hawker centre where majority just chilled with healthy drinks (er.... except one :rolleyes: )

Interestingly, Andy went round for table photography, where we all joked that it was macham like "The Wedding Banquet"... Hmmmm... IMD and Roentgen? Sounds kinda BrokeBack :lol:

Photos here

Verdict:

The appeal of the CBD Run has attracted more and more runners, not just becos of the route or yummy goodies after the run, but the wonderful SG Runners who make a rather mundane Tuesday seem like a "Coney Tuesday" to all of us, something we would look forward to every week. You guys rock :smilie_daumen1:

The C00l Brainy Dudes Run

It was a day of records.... not becos PB timings were smashed, but a record number of 30 SG runners all over the country came in awe of our 2 Kings - King of the Track Ironmandreamer and King of FR Roentgen and celebrate their birthday

There were also a record of 3 birthday cakes, 3 CAMERAS (a tripod is also being used) and record of 5 tables occupied at Maxwell food centre!!!!

Here's the supporters who ran:

For the ladies, Angelica_Wonders, Yean Yin, Evelyn Wee, Roonz, Le Charlotte, Kickjazz, Charmane, meteor

For the guys: James Soh, Tiwazz, Philip, Sotong, Andy, Shutehelup, Taz, Teelee, Aichai, Ronnie, Nemo, Splitz (aka Leonard), TG, Puay Hien, SV, plus the 2 Kings

At about 7.20pm, the big group started and began to split into 3 smaller ones to accomodate the varying speeds and mileages of the runners. The fast group comprising of Andy, Ronnie, TG and me did the usual 9km route to the pier past the Marina seafood centre while the rest did a shorter route, skipping

Based on Roengten's footpod:

Total time = 1 h 8 min 26 sec (for last group)

Total Distance = 9.25 km (excluding final portion along Maxwell road)

Average Pace = 7:34 per km; 4:55 per km (max)

It was then time for a birthday song and cake cutting for our dear hunks in the open space right next to Tg Pagar MRT station. Special thanks to Teelee and Tiwazz who bought the peach cake, carrot cake and brownie cake, as well as Sotong who brought delicious egg tarts. Someone (sorry I didn't know) kindly contributed peanut rolls too (pardon me if i didn't know who you r  :hail: ) Balasing, Junie, Cosmic Wind, TLR and FD came down specially too for the celebration. With all the yummy cakes, tarts and rolls, we went to maxwell hawker centre where majority just chilled with healthy drinks (er.... except one  :rolleyes: _

Verdict:

The appeal of the CBD Run has attracted more and more runners, not just becos of the route or yummy goodies after the run, but the wonderful SG Runners who make a rather mundane Tuesday seem like a "Coney Tuesday" to all of us, something we would look forward to every week. You guys rock  :smilie_daumen1:

:smilie_daumen1:

Great run today!

I'm very thrilled and honoured to have the chance to run alongside the 2 BD hunks (IMD & Roentgen) and the cool dude Teelee on the return leg of the run. I was already pon-chek and its thanks to Roentgen & Teelee who gallantly stayed behind (even stopped to walk with me! *bow* gam siah, my friends!) with me. IMD actually ran past us but u-turned to run with us. Thanks IMD!

Great BD celebration for our two sgrunners kampung friends! Its a record breaking turn-out for CBD run (well, as far as I know lah) tonight and I truly enjoyed myself! Hope the BD hunks enjoyed themselves too :)

Tks for all the yummy food & drinks and for all the great company!

Kudos also to all our kampung folks (penghulu, FD, junie, Balasing & cosmic-who isn't feeling very well) who specifically made the trip down to visit and celebrate with the gang this happy and joyous day.

All in all a great run with AWESOME company and needless to say, YUMMY food!

:smilie_daumen1:

Tks everyone for the great company & celebration tonight in the largest-ever CBD run! Each of u are special in your own unique way, & that's what makes this CBD run a truly sensational experience everytime we gather on Tue. :smilie_daumen1: A BIG SALUTE to all who were with us & we sorely miss those who were unable to come to join in the fun n laughter.

The pics are up in Kodakgallery for ur enjoyment and remembrance of this really special event. :cool_grin:

Hey imd, I couldn't have said it better. And thanks for putting up the photos so quickly :smilie_daumen1:

Thanks so much to everyone who made the run cum birthday celebration this time so special and enjoyable! :cheers: Kam sia to all who contributed food, and those who made the special effort to be present even though they were not running :)

May the camaraderie and warmth of SGRunners and the CBD run continue to grow from strength to strength, as we all find new inpsiration to continue running faster, longer and better :P

Wah... so late liao... don't know whether I can tahan work tomorrow, now that I am an old man :P

I REALLY LOVE CBD RUN! Forever so fun! :lol:

So many goodies to eat, so many birthdays to celebrate, so many kakis to run with, so many pictures taking sessions, so many happy hours together, so many so many more to come! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I wonder if the group keep getting bigger, next time may need to apply permit than can run already, lol.... :P

Go in batches.. no permits then!! :)

True , true,, anyway , i was just kidding,

:cool_grin: :cool_grin:

heheeh i love seeing the runners on tues nite at the cbd run. oddly happy somehow. ahahaha :cool_grin: thanks for all the fun and great food!!!

hope all of u present esp imd n rtgn enjoyed themslvs tonight. ehehhe eh i mean yesterday night. hehehe (now almost 3am mah). hope one day i can pop by with something for u all........... no promises though. :ph34r:

my pics are also up in www.kodakgallery.com

Wahahaha.... 30 person!! Record siahz

i tink ppl going past muz be wondering "wads all dis ppl in runnin gear doin here on a tues!?"

looks lik i missed out on all e good food n drinks hoh

wah... cakes, tarts!! lol... keke... muz have been lotsa fun

esp for e 2 bday boys. So many ppl celebrate with dem! =)