Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

CBD Runners Gather - 2015 (Every Tuesday) cbd run

Will the next run be next month?

BTW, is there any bag deposite?

bag is put in one of the runners car...

look at the first page of this thread. all information/faq are there.

so whats the schedule for June?

here you go :)

the running routes for june 2010 :

01 june - set G easy run (singapore indoor stadium)

08 june - set F (fort canning) +++ +++

15 june - set D (zouk) +++ +++ stairs

22 june - set E (mount faber) ++ ++

29 june - set G (singapore indoor stadium)

Tiwazz - is there an SG runners support table at the SDM tomorrow? If yes, can you tell me where? I will try and join after my marathon and may be several others here would too ...

so whats the schedule for June?

here you go :)

the running routes for june 2010 :

01 june - set G easy run (singapore indoor stadium)

08 june - set F (fort canning) +++ +++

15 june - set D (zouk) +++ +++ stairs

22 june - set E (mount faber) ++ ++

29 june - set G (singapore indoor stadium)

tks! wa set G indoor stadium on 1 June is a fast & long route, not exactly easy after sundown leh.. can change to zouk route or not?

tks! wa set G indoor stadium on 1 June is a fast & long route, not exactly easy after sundown leh.. can change to zouk route or not?

i believe the sundown runners will be doing their easy run and u-turn early ...

Tiwazz - is there an SG runners support table at the SDM tomorrow? If yes, can you tell me where? I will try and join after my marathon and may be several others here would too ...

there are no sgrunners support table at sundown...

but... some of us will be at carpark F2 all the way (till our last supported 84km runner run pass us)...

i believe the sundown runners will be doing their easy run and u-turn early ...

there are no sgrunners support table at sundown...

but... some of us will be at carpark F2 all the way (till our last supported 84km runner run pass us)...

hopefully u guys will still be there when i ran pass... this would means that i need to run faster than your last supported 84km runner...

hopefully u guys will still be there when i ran pass... this would means that i need to run faster than your last supported 84km runner...

i believe you will be faster :)

take your time, i am sure we will still be there

Really hope to see you and other fellow sgrunners on the run or along the way !!! I can check this up on the map by myself but if its easier, can you tell me approx what distance into the full marathon is car park F2?

Really hope to see you and other fellow sgrunners on the run or along the way !!! I can check this up on the map by myself but if its easier, can you tell me approx what distance into the full marathon is car park F2?

that will be 12km..i will be there at F2 with some others also. good luck!

I am interested in the run and I am new to the club. Can I join you all for the run?

do come and join us. More information on the first page of this thread

like tiwazz mention, those that did sundown will u-turn early, whereas the rest head over to indoor stadium.

If tigger is still not hopping like a jumping tigger then, will like to go helix bridge for a look.

tigger didn't see you...only manage to see aeroscan and roonz on the runway...and auron(at the ending point carpark).

Don't mind me asking, will there be a place to put our bags?

tigger didn't see you...only manage to see aeroscan and roonz on the runway...and auron(at the ending point carpark).

I cant thank Tiwazz and the other helpful SGRunner supporters manning a station there (i think it was at the 14km mark) - it really does make a difference when you are met with words of encouragement and ice cold ribena slushies!! The next event i am not running, i most definitely would like to help out at a support station myself.

Tigger - I saw you from my cab when i was riding back (you were in white compression tights on the top right?), i think it was about 500m from the finish line.

I know a lot has been said about the mismanagement of the SDM day before - if they had got their logistics planning right, everything else (atleast the important stuff) would have fallen in place.

Don't mind me asking, will there be a place to put our bags?

Hino - there will be baggage deposit in some of the runners' cars there. Just as a friendly suggestion, do scroll up the forum man (you had asked this question before and it was answered before as well ... :) ) and most importantly, read the first post of this thread. You will get other questions answered as well.

HAha, Sorry! Ya, I'll try to be there tmr! 7pm at Tanjong Pagar right?

I cant thank Tiwazz and the other helpful SGRunner supporters manning a station there (i think it was at the 14km mark) - it really does make a difference when you are met with words of encouragement and ice cold ribena slushies!! The next event i am not running, i most definitely would like to help out at a support station myself.

Tigger - I saw you from my cab when i was riding back (you were in white compression tights on the top right?), i think it was about 500m from the finish line.

I know a lot has been said about the mismanagement of the SDM day before - if they had got their logistics planning right, everything else (atleast the important stuff) would have fallen in place.

you are welcome :)

didnt see you stopping at our support station on the return leg @ 28km ...

that means you are going strong :)

8)

you are welcome :)

didnt see you stopping at our support station on the return leg @ 28km ...

that means you are going strong :)

Thanks - truthfully, the only thought from the 9km mark onwards was to reach you to pitstop before thinking of any further distance. I actually despaired a bit when i didnt find you and the guys at 12km, thinking i had missed the station!!

About the return leg, hardly going strong. I think i did injustice to my 3 months of training by not adequately resting on Fri / Sat just before the race. Plus the 5km walk to the starting line didnt help much either. I was alright for the first 8kms going at my planned pace of 9kph .. and then suddenly all hell broke lose! Feeling weak a bit and also like i was running with lead legs. After that couldnt ever get back on track .. and hobbled all the way to the end until the 40th km. There i saw that if i could run a strong 2.2kms, i could finish under 6 hours, which spurred me on (ran a 6:20 pace for the last 2.2kms) and finished in 5:59:16. During the last 10-12kms or so, i had a lot of trouble warding off sleepiness. Sat at several shelters along the changi coast road and closed my eyes to get a few seconds of shuteye, and then kept going on my way. And to rub it in, just one week before, I set my 10k PR at the Passion Run in a 0:55 time and was thinking "This is a good sign for the Sundown Marathon" ..

My cumulative splits were 1:10 for 10km, 2:40 for 20km, 4:04 for 30km and 5:59 for the 42.2km. :rolleyes2:

I am disappointed at not having done better, but am most definitely gonna work towards being much better prepared for my next biggie! 8)

yes, tigger was in white top/black bottom...both cwx compression materials.

Many of us complains much of SD logistic. Tigger find it decent though. You cannot expect the event to be incident free.

If complains about bad management, tigger have experience worst. If speaking about world class event, there is none in local context that even be comparable to the best out there.

Moderate our expectation as in everything in life. It will be much easy to expect some fallout and enjoy a good race.

Thanks - truthfully, the only thought from the 9km mark onwards was to reach you to pitstop before thinking of any further distance. I actually despaired a bit when i didnt find you and the guys at 12km, thinking i had missed the station!!

About the return leg, hardly going strong. I think i did injustice to my 3 months of training by not adequately resting on Fri / Sat just before the race. Plus the 5km walk to the starting line didnt help much either. I was alright for the first 8kms going at my planned pace of 9kph .. and then suddenly all hell broke lose! Feeling weak a bit and also like i was running with lead legs. After that couldnt ever get back on track .. and hobbled all the way to the end until the 40th km. There i saw that if i could run a strong 2.2kms, i could finish under 6 hours, which spurred me on (ran a 6:20 pace for the last 2.2kms) and finished in 5:59:16. During the last 10-12kms or so, i had a lot of trouble warding off sleepiness. Sat at several shelters along the changi coast road and closed my eyes to get a few seconds of shuteye, and then kept going on my way. And to rub it in, just one week before, I set my 10k PR at the Passion Run in a 0:55 time and was thinking "This is a good sign for the Sundown Marathon" ..

My cumulative splits were 1:10 for 10km, 2:40 for 20km, 4:04 for 30km and 5:59 for the 42.2km. :rolleyes2:

I am disappointed at not having done better, but am most definitely gonna work towards being much better prepared for my next biggie! 8)

If u r prepare to get whip...and get into serious training. Tigger might be of assitance.

@Tigger - I must improve before i can even be ready for your whip. So i will train for that first !! :icecream:

Hope weather is good for run today!!

Do any of the CBD runners here run on Bukit Timah Hill? I want to run the trail there sometime - got blown away during TNF last year.

@Tigger - I must improve before i can even be ready for your whip. So i will train for that first !! :icecream:

Hope weather is good for run today!!

Do any of the CBD runners here run on Bukit Timah Hill? I want to run the trail there sometime - got blown away during TNF last year.

you can check with tigger :)

TNF training will start soon on weekends...

tigger think u have night blindness...how can you miss it! For one...Dr French is so WHITE! :jump:

u ran so effortlessly...next time must wait for tigger okay.

which one is tigger... :unsure: anyways am feeling a lil queasy bout the run later.. seldom run that far.. :bad:

which one is tigger... :unsure: anyways am feeling a lil queasy bout the run later.. seldom run that far.. :bad:

must frame up this sentence....for future reference.

Have a Good Run Guys:D. Sundowners do please cautious on this run:D

Would love to have a visitation run with u guys one day :D:thumbsup: