Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

CBD Runners Gather - 2015 (Every Tuesday) cbd run

the weather was ideal for a nice run yesterday... cool & not too windy.. great for some va va voom! :cool_grin:

it was a large turnout yesterday... around 20 plus in total... unfortunately i don have tiwazz's photographic memory & there were too many new faces that i can't put a name to! paiseh this last min kena arrow stand-in trainer cannot make it :blushing:

we started off nice & easy running towards the esplanade... as we reached the waterfront some of the front runners led by martin who knew the route started speeding up in preparation for the hard intervals to come! i took the chance to slow down & make sure the runners behind don't get lost at the turning point.. n arrowed batx to make sure the frontrunners went to the right place.

we reached the start point after around 21mins & after a quick brief we were off! everybody seemed up for it & everybody finished the first set quickly within 6min. batx & i tried to set the pace in front ~3:45-min pace. the 4 X 1km intervals, with 3min recovery in between, went by quickly enough with everybody putting in a great effort! :smilie_daumen1: we then took a slow walk towards the esplanade to recover followed by a slow jog back to the start point for some drinks & nice chatter.

thanks to tigger & burnz for the nicely chilled isotonic drinks & baggage deposit... also everybody for turning up for a great run on a tues evening.. see u all next week again for everybody's favourite route! (right boss?) :Big Grin:

p.s. i commented to tao that everybody looked so serious during the intervals... macham like boot-camp.. haha maybe i reminded them too much of tigger with his whip :cool_grin:

the weather was ideal for a nice run yesterday... cool & not too windy.. great for some va va voom! :cool_grin:

it was a large turnout yesterday... around 20 plus in total... unfortunately i don have tiwazz's photographic memory & there were too many new faces that i can't put a name to! paiseh this last min kena arrow stand-in trainer cannot make it :blushing:

we started off nice & easy running towards the esplanade... as we reached the waterfront some of the front runners led by martin who knew the route started speeding up in preparation for the hard intervals to come! i took the chance to slow down & make sure the runners behind don't get lost at the turning point.. n arrowed batx to make sure the frontrunners went to the right place.

we reached the start point after around 21mins & after a quick brief we were off! everybody seemed up for it & everybody finished the first set quickly within 6min. batx & i tried to set the pace in front ~3:45-min pace. the 4 X 1km intervals, with 3min recovery in between, went by quickly enough with everybody putting in a great effort! :smilie_daumen1: we then took a slow walk towards the esplanade to recover followed by a slow jog back to the start point for some drinks & nice chatter.

thanks to tigger & burnz for the nicely chilled isotonic drinks & baggage deposit... also everybody for turning up for a great run on a tues evening.. see u all next week again for everybody's favourite route! (right boss?) :Big Grin:

p.s. i commented to tao that everybody looked so serious during the intervals... macham like boot-camp.. haha maybe i reminded them too much of tigger with his whip :cool_grin:

maybe it's a gd thing that i was bogged down with work last nite. :Whew:

maybe it's a gd thing that i was bogged down with work last nite. :Whew:

rubbish! its never a gd thing to be bogged down by work! haha