Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

CBD Runners Gather - 2015 (Every Tuesday) cbd run

The focus of this year event will be SCSM 07. The training path for CBD run will gear towards 42km come 2nd Dec 07

The training will start on 3rd July onwards.

A serial of training runs have been been planned out. It is going to be challenging as we push up the intensity.

Training distance will varies from 6km - 15km comprising of Intervals, Tempo and Farlek, Time trial, Hill repeats.

This is not going to be a comprehesive training to prepare yourself for 42km. CBD is just a weekly run. You have to do your own training to gear yourself up for SCSM 07.

Do get yourself mentality prepare, we are pushing up the pace/intensity from 3rd July onwards.

It will be fun. :cool_grin:

Race over. I hope everyone have enjoy the journey.

We are toning down the intensity. Occassionally will have some spike. :sweat:

Enjoy the festive seasons and hopefully not too much bf during the process. :Batting Eyelashes:

Thanks prata and Byron for organising the Christmas run. We see a positive energy from this, unfortunately it crash with our activities that we have plan over the festive period.

Cbd runs are typically plan weeks ahead in line with run events, festive, themes or popular demands.

Just a quick peek(30 days) into the fortune ball of cbd run.

18 DEC - Christmas Tree Run

25 DEC - Christmas Hills Run

1 JAN - 2008 Huat Run

8 JAN - WET Run*

15 JAN - BY Run*

We will provide more details when the time is ripe.

Do keep more ideas coming! It is nice to have different themes along the way. Appreciate do let Tiwazz and Tigger know in advance so that we can plan the run according.

Note: * Super S**** LSD

so in plain simple english, is CBD run today to do the run with Velocity Run? as in both start running from their respective start point and meet along orchard road?

just say yes or no.

:Raised Eyebrow:

Christmas run = Christmas Tree run? but cbd runs tomorrow la :P

correct, CBD runs tomorrow but Velocity also runs tomorrow.

but this littletigger hor.... aiya.... i should have known better....

okay, so tomorrow CBD and Velocity will meet with a big bang along orchard rd? wow! happening!

Enjoy the festive seasons and hopefully not too much bf during the process. :Batting Eyelashes:

wei! talking about ah bee!

er.... sorry ar... i read my post replying to tigger's and realised that i made an error. i know both runs take place tomorrow but i don't know why i typed TODAY.

sigh.... old already la....

wei! talking about ah bee!

bee, don;t know why this tigger really like to target your bf. don;t know why..... :Confused:

i think my ang moh no good....sorry :redface:

what i mean is that the proposal from prata and byron clash with the program we have and thus not able to meet up.

i think my ang moh no good....sorry :redface:

what i mean is that the proposal from prata and byron clash with the program we have and thus not able to meet up.

:sad:

Date: 18th Dec

Theme: A date with Christmas Tree(Christmas Tree Run)

Route: Set E

Time: 7pm(Start sharp)

We are expecting some new faces. All Kor Kor, Jie Jie please assist to take care of them, in case Tigger "key cha" in MF!

The focus of this year event will be SCSM 07. The training path for CBD run will gear towards 42km come 2nd Dec 07

The training will start on 3rd July onwards.

A serial of training runs have been been planned out. It is going to be challenging as we push up the intensity.

Training distance will varies from 6km - 15km comprising of Intervals, Tempo and Farlek, Time trial, Hill repeats.

This is not going to be a comprehesive training to prepare yourself for 42km. CBD is just a weekly run. You have to do your own training to gear yourself up for SCSM 07.

Do get yourself mentality prepare, we are pushing up the pace/intensity from 3rd July onwards.

It will be fun. :cool_grin:

i would like to thank tigger for coming up wif a good mix of runs for the cbd runners...

i m sure everyone has benefited in some ways n were better prepare for scsm 07....

the runs was always fun... tough at times.... wif slacking options available... :D

i hope tigger will not come up wif more crazy ideas for 2008 .... :D

i hope tigger will not come up wif more crazy ideas for 2008 .... :D

ya lor, just wondering when is tigger going back to his mountain - KK training again. :cool_grin:

At 5:15min/km, you can get to Istana Gate in about 20 mins, waiting time at traffic lights included. Just run along Amoy St > Cross St > Up Cross St > Chin Swee > Havelock > Clemenceau and you are there. Alternatively, those early birds who want to do a longer run can run with me from CBD to Velocity and then back to the rendezvous point. CBD to Velocity is about 6.5km.

I start my run from CBD to Velocity at about 6.10pm. One thing though, I run with my backpack.

Tiwazz, Tigger, IMD ... so how??

Terence, we are a group of slower runners, we can't match your 5.15 pace !!! Anyway, 6.10pm is too early for most of us. I guess we will wait for the bosses to reply.

Ronnie, I didn't mean it that way. I was merely saying that you can get to Istana Gate in about 20mins if the pace was about 5:15min/km. That's all. Me starting at 6.10pm is to Velocity. I usually get there (Velocity) by about 6.50pm.

i understand... a fixed program is certainly important for dedicated runners, especially when it comes to races like SCSM. a lot of hard work has to be put in to plan a smooth and successful training regime.

now that SCSM is over, a flexi schedule may help to bring up the morale and enthusiasm of the crew. that's probably why Prata wanted to have this run where the two groups of runners can meet up for a fun run to coincide with the festive mood. as a post-SCSM "party" for every1 to come together, have fun, relax and celebrate the fruits of their achievements... :Applause:

nonetheless, thanks for the suggestion Prata! although the festive rendezvous seems doomed this time, hopefully next time we'll finally have a meeting of the minds that will benefit everyone :P

Hi, Banana Relay 2008 participants & participants-to-be, i'll be dropping by at CBD Run tomorrow, so i can collect race entry fees. Pls bring exact $15 if possible as i might not have change. tks. see u all at the fun run.

Harlow!

Today's my first run up MF with the CBD Runners and boy was it tough on those steep slopes. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it a lot!! Many thanks to littletigger, tiwazz and Joanne for making me feel welcome.

Looking forward to more runs!!

Evangeline(eccplh2)

its was a good turn out at cbd run juz now....

georgiegirl, eccplh2, ronnie, sxuanjing, cosmic, charlotte, imd, tigger, fennel, ST,

edwinchiam, DeepCruiser, yankee, tao, terence0023 , batx , chengnai, cheow,

tlr n fd (guest appearance) ...

many thanks for the company ....:)

nice meeting georgiegirl n eccplh2 for the 1st time.... :)

georgirgirl....

welcome to singapore...

hope u enjoy ur short stay here..:)

eccplh2...

glad dat u enjoyed ur run wif us...

do join us for more cbd runs ...

tigger...

thanks for the 100+ drinks ...

it was a cool weather to run....

but... most of us were finding some excuses to slack along the way... :D

too bad...the big xmas tree at MF wasnt light up today...

mayb they wanna save electricity...

c u again on 08 jan 2008 ...

for a double celebration cbd run ...:)

damn it, the lights didn't lighted. :frusty:

A very good run to MF. Except for a couple of slackers, the rest chiong up the slopes.

I know it is tough revisiting MF, after all the flats we did for SCSM. Not to worry, the feel will come in.

Catch up again at Hari Raya Run/Christmas Day Run/New Year Day Run/8th Jan Double C Run or sooner.

Will post up Christmas Hills(Day) run soon.

Thanks to all fellow CBD runners for the nice run yesterday.

I reckon i need more up hill runs.

I will turn up for the Xmas Hills(Day) Run. :sweat:

Hey LT, that is a lovely picture! Great to see that the CBD running spirit is going on strong as before :P

yeah!!! :Peace:

My fren told me that the xmas tree light up got timming one ... 1 at 8 plus .. e other one i think ard 11 plus ....

cannot light up e whole night .. wait catch fire ... :P

cant rem what time we reach MF ... but we missed it lor ....

My fren told me that the xmas tree light up got timming one ... 1 at 8 plus .. e other one i think ard 11 plus ....

got snow at certain timing also together with the tree light up.

So u better find out the right timming then go up hor ... :Big Grin:

so happening ah