Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

CBD Runners Gather - 2015 (Every Tuesday) cbd run

Dream Qianbei, I didnt touch up the photo... Just add some names only.

Tried to add Brokie, but couldnt find a suitable angle photo with her nicely seated down... :redface:

Updates:

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee52/dc...SCSMCBDRun2.jpg

Added Rory, Charlotte, and Tarepanda

thanks for the effort... :)

you guys are so skinny, i hate you all!

alright, sorry for blocking charlotte and whoever behind me.. :im Not Worthy:

Ok...back to CBD run and don't OT...OT...

ok ok... so next week will there still be a CBD Run?

haha... good ques...

tigger not around....

i was thinking of canceling nex tue cbd run...

cos.... i dun really want to run the 2nd day after scsm....

tue n wed is my rest day...

mon..i will go for a recovery swim....

Then all the various "pei" will return to their own mountain to nurse their injuries.

Take care. See you all next year at CBD 2008.

Cheers !

Kayano

"pei" do you mean pai as in clans?

Ya....thanks BBM. Why the E and A so near each other.

I know my time trail sure cannot pass, have to get it the hard way

the hard way would be to train hard so that you pass your timetrial, then you can buy and wear it <_<

Oh... I tot the hardway is to run the ultra?

hahaha... perhaps you have to find it out the hard way.

U save hophlng the agony liao.

Wait he finishes MR25 Ultra and waiting for his T , onli to know the real requirement... Think he will faint... :P

the hard way would be to train hard so that you pass your timetrial, then you can buy and wear it <_<

Wait he finishes MR25 Ultra and waiting for his T , onli to know the real requirement... Think he will faint... :P

e hard way??? :Thinking:

but i do know an easy way... get 1 of e MR25 members 2 buy on b1/2 loh :Silly: ... BUT, there's no glory 2 it :nono:, so time trial challenge it is! :Bring It On:

my sifu now bi guan (閉關) lian shen gong (練神功), dun think will get e chance 2 train w/sifu leh... so, all e qian beis (前輩們) plssss dun rest 4 too long...

Haha... :LMAO: hophlng,, to be a MR25 member, U need 2 complete 5k TT within 25mins.. run 50km earn u pains onli hehe !! :Big Grin:

Ya Lor, Now I find out.. I will train train for 5KM Sprint... I hope there are shwee mei mei to train together with me.

You guys and gals are most welcome to join the the runninglab Velocity run if you want to run next Tuesday. I should be there. For those of you who want a longer run, we could start running from T. Pagar (to Velocity) at about 6.10pm and then join the Velocity run. But hor, must do it with your backpack. Distance from T. Pagar to Velocity is about 6.5km. So, those 6min/km runners could make it there before 7pm.

You guys and gals are most welcome to join the the runninglab Velocity run if you want to run next Tuesday. I should be there. For those of you who want a longer run, we could start running from T. Pagar (to Velocity) at about 6.10pm and then join the Velocity run. But hor, must do it with your backpack. Distance from T. Pagar to Velocity is about 6.5km. So, those 6min/km runners could make it there before 7pm.

how do we run from TP to Velocity ?

For those who run often in CBD, the potential health risks of breathing a cocktail of air pollutants are a very real concern.

You inhale more foul air during running. When resting you usually breathe in about 500ml per breath and you do this about 12 times per minute. This would give you 6 litres of air. When you are exercising it is quite reasonable to take in 2300ml per breath and your breathing rate could increase 2 or 3 times. This means you would be taking in up to 80 litres of air. In short, you inhale at least 15 times more polluted air.

Wost still, if you breath through your month. One study in New York City of healthy, non-smoking runners showed that just 30 minutes of running in particularly high areas of air pollution, was the equivalent (in terms of carbon monoxide) to smoking 20 cigarettes a day.

The best strategy for dealing with pollution is to avoid it. Take care.

Do read this news article http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/07/12/news/air.php#end_main

For those who run often in CBD, the potential health risks of breathing a cocktail of air pollutants are a very real concern.

You inhale more foul air during running. When resting you usually breathe in about 500ml per breath and you do this about 12 times per minute. This would give you 6 litres of air. When you are exercising it is quite reasonable to take in 2300ml per breath and your breathing rate could increase 2 or 3 times. This means you would be taking in up to 80 litres of air. In short, you inhale at least 15 times more polluted air.

Wost still, if you breath through your month. One study in New York City of healthy, non-smoking runners showed that just 30 minutes of running in particularly high areas of air pollution, was the equivalent (in terms of carbon monoxide) to smoking 20 cigarettes a day.

Do read this news article http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/07/12/news/air.php#end_main

No wonder my chinese sin seh.. keep warning me not to run on road

bump...

we r going to make the reservation today....

anyone else wanna join us for post scsm dinner? ... :)

Post SCSM 07 Makan

Date: 7th Dec 07

Time: 7pm

Venue: Lagun Sari Indonesia Seafood

Address: 76 Peck Seah Street, (Next to Tg Pagar MRT), Singapore 079331

Tel: 63243478/63243607

Food: Indonesia Food Buffet + Icetea(Freeflow)

Cost: S$19.50++

Attire: 42.195 Finisher Tee/ SCSM 07 Event Tee

Date to reply: 27th Nov 07

Attendance:

1 fennel

2 ST

3 burnz

4 cosmic_wind

5 terence0023

6 sassygal

7 roonz

8 cfred

9 babumouse

10 realrunner

11 brokie

12 yankee

20 tiwazz

21 littletigger

We need to make reservation and appreciate a reply by 27th Nov 07

i have seen one caucasian running along PIE!!!!!

how do we run from TP to Velocity ?

Cecil > Cross St > Upper Cross St > Havelock > Clemenceau > Cavenagh > Bt Timah > Newton Rd

bump...

we r going to make the reservation today....

anyone else wanna join us for post scsm dinner? ... :)

Personally, the food there isn't great. You may want to consider Japanese at the Chow House along Robinson Rd. They have a buffet spread and they sometimes have a 1-for-1 deal. That said, it would not be as cheap. Think it would work out to be about $30 per head after the 1-for-1 deal ... but Friday is out for me. So, can't join you guys.

As for the attire ... no event-T lah. Only the kids dash one has it. Would be cold if you were to just put on the event-top.

trencen... will u run past bugis? its abt 3km 2 novena...

Ya Lor, Now I find out.. I will train train for 5KM Sprint... I hope there are shwee mei mei to train together with me.

me not shwee mei mei.... but can i join e training? :jasmine:

Will the rest of the E Mei gang turn up as well? :P

:lol: Then u need to climb mountain first leh.....

trencen... will u run past bugis? its abt 3km 2 novena...

I think that would be a much longer detour. If I was a lot faster, I may run that route ... but I've got time constraint i.e. I "need" to be at Velocity by 6.50pm or so. Also, there are more traffic along Bugis area, so I usually avoid there.

Cecil > Cross St > Upper Cross St > Havelock > Clemenceau > Cavenagh > Bt Timah > Newton Rd

like very far leh, u sure is 6.5km only ???

I think so. That's what my polar says even though I have not calibrated it.

:lol: Then u need to climb mountain first leh.....

ya will be climbing the mountain the KL slope with some of them in january.

okay, i'll just run up there myself... btw, wats e dist n route we r covering on tat day?

If u are referring to tuesday cdb run, it is about 10km, else which mountain u referring to ?

If u are referring to tuesday cdb run, it is about 10km, else which mountain u referring to ?

eerrr ... CBD since when grew a mountain ??? have ka ???

eerrr ... CBD since when grew a mountain ??? have ka ???

we used to run to MF very often.