Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

CBD Runners Gather - 2015 (Every Tuesday) cbd run

Nice big group run yesterday. Too many people so quite difficult to get to know everyone. Was trying to look out for pwlee and roonz but was told they didn't come.

Had a nice dinner after the run.

Many thks to tigger for providing the 100plus :cheers: and not forgetting the weather people for the updates too

oops paisei. :blushing: sorry. but i ran over lunch time, and i didnt want to run 10k this week, just two 5ks with a swim in between will sum up my marathon prep. another race, another training lets meet up perhaps. :cheers:

Nice big group run yesterday. Too many people so quite difficult to get to know everyone. Was trying to look out for pwlee and roonz but was told they didn't come.

Many thks to tigger for providing the 100plus :cheers: and not forgetting the weather people for the updates too

oops paisei. :blushing: sorry. but i ran over lunch time, and i didnt want to run 10k this week, just two 5ks with a swim in between will sum up my marathon prep. another race, another training lets meet up perhaps. :cheers:

Whenever I see your nic, I'm reminded of nasi lemak. In fact, I was telling Jodan that we should go for the nasi lemak at your place after the run ... but we all ended up at maxwell market where I had mee goreng and Jodan had fried rice which are equally sinful :tongue_smilie:

Yes, catch up soon. Have a good run on Sunday and remember ... not too much chilli on your nasi lemak :Big Grin:

not to worry, you needed the carbs (:

and seriously, i'm lost. the updates are fast and furious!

It's fine to get lost here mate.

So long as you don't get lost on race day!!

tues is my swimming day so i'll never come...hee...but don't worry we'll meet sometime, and you still owe me venezia gelato!!! :yummie:

tues is my swimming day so i'll never come...hee...but don't worry we'll meet sometime, and you still owe me venezia gelato!!! :yummie:

ha ... yup. Wanted to treat makan last night. Ok catch you next round.

okay i MUST ask -

can someone please confirm for me and tell the rest that when you spot dragonflies flying at very low altitude, it means that it's gonna rain sometime soon?

okay i MUST ask -

can someone please confirm for me and tell the rest that when you spot dragonflies flying at very low altitude, it means that it's gonna rain sometime soon?

Hahaha!! You just won't give up, will you?

But ytd nv rain leh...Now raining like there's no tmr though..But hor, I nv see dragonfly.

okay i MUST ask -

Its raining in the north now... will that validate the dragonflies theory?

I did see dragonfly during lunch just now, flying about my eye level... is that low?

okay i MUST ask -

Howdy mate,

Not to get too technical but much hinges on your definition of sometime soon.

The dragonfly was spotted last night but the skies were clear last night and this morning was bright and sunny.

Even if they are high flying insects, I suppose at some point of time the dragonfly will have descend to rest/feed etc lah! Can't quite see them being airborne perpetually.

Where did you get this theory from. I remember when I was a kid, someone told me that if it rains and the sun is still shining, it means that a pair of monkeys are getting married. At that time, for a moment, I actually believed it :blushing:

Postscript : It's starting to rain really heavy now so if you can nail down a timeframe to your theory, I can predict a possible career in weather forcasting.

tsk.

bully.

it's prolly folklore that people in the past used to use to predict the weather, much like

Red sky in the morning, sailors warning

red sky at night, sailors delight.

okay i MUST ask -

Yes. It's true. The same goes for when u see the birds fly real low. It's the flying insect/animal way of sensing the change in weather. But it's accurate onli when u see a few if them.

Whenever I see your nic, I'm reminded of nasi lemak. In fact, I was telling Jodan that we should go for the nasi lemak at your place after the run ... but we all ended up at maxwell market where I had mee goreng and Jodan had fried rice which are equally sinful :tongue_smilie:

Yes, catch up soon. Have a good run on Sunday and remember ... not too much chilli on your nasi lemak :Big Grin:

And now I hate myself for finishing the whole plate of fried rice. :Cry:

tsk.

bully.

it's prolly folklore that people in the past used to use to predict the weather, much like

Red sky in the morning, sailors warning

red sky at night, sailors delight.

Red sky at night plus raining in the morning = soldiers delight ... cos no need to run SOC :sweat:

comprehensive and accurate weather forcast:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/very...e/image0017.jpg

Nice one

The "stone gone" is funny!!

I was wondering if "stone gone" = thief

Make sure you burn it all off on Sunday :smilie_daumen1:

okay i MUST ask -

Yes. It's true. The same goes for when u see the birds fly real low. It's the flying insect/animal way of sensing the change in weather. But it's accurate onli when u see a few if them.

Ya, I think the theory is probably true if you see a few of them.

They way they sense the possible change in weather is possibly due to a change in the electrical charge + - ions in the atmosphere.

(This may or may not be a whole lot of bull - pun intended)

huh? what else could u have done?

okay i MUST ask -

define "soon"!!!

if it rains a month later is that considered 'soon'?? :rolleyes:

Deep Cruiser - thanks for reverting me back. Now feel so old again <_<

Anyway, to add to the names: between Babu and Sealboon is Charlotte (you can just see part of her head); behind her is Rory; next to Chengnai should be Tarepanda. The 2 girls in front of them are not from sgrunners if I am not wrong.

They way they sense the possible change in weather is possibly due to a change in the electrical charge + - ions in the atmosphere.

Really? And here I thought it was just the lightning that scared the sh*t out of them.

Really? And here I thought it was just the lightning that scared the sh*t out of them.

That too. I think that before the lightning strikes, there is some electrical charge thingy that takes place (static perhaps)and the animiles animals can sense it. I'm no scientist and would defer this to someone more qualified to explain.

Probably the kinda thing that makes the hairs on the back of you neck stand.

Then again 42k does that already <_<

Dream Qianbei, I didnt touch up the photo... Just add some names only.

Tried to add Brokie, but couldnt find a suitable angle photo with her nicely seated down... :redface:

Updates:

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee52/dc...SCSMCBDRun2.jpg

Added Rory, Charlotte, and Tarepanda

found one of her HERE, in a very RSM-like stance just between me n RR, although not nicely seated :tongue_smilie: