Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

CBD Runners Gather - 2015 (Every Tuesday) cbd run

wow ... big group run yeslay !!!

i must have miss alot

asking for good weather next TUE and would be fun to be part of CBD next week !!!

btw - wat was the cover distance yeslay ???

The sky threatened to rain at 6.30pm with some runners contemplating whether to change to their running gear. But thankfully, no more drizzle and we could see more and more runners appearing. Some are frequent CBD runners, MIA-ed CBD runners and first timer. Not forgetting our SCM pacer team. All looking good, ready to surge thru Marina South with the SCM pacer of 5.30hr, 5.00hr, 4.45hr, 4.00hr.

Quick briefing given by Tigger on the 10km route towards Marina South. As far as I could recall (for I’m sure to miss out some :blushing: pai seh…can’t identify all), we have approximately 40 runners at CBD.

- Tigger & friend, tktan, yankee, edwinchiam, tao, ST, pwlee, jodan, dreamrunner, DO, Beverly, SassyRunner, Stazla, Highbury, Fennel & friend, Yee Hua, JamesSoh, Ronnie, Jazsy, Kayano, hophlng, babumouse, tarepanda,cookie, leh-lio, raven, burnz

We started the run promptly at 7pm. As we ran towards Marina South, I could see the 4hr pacer leading strongly in front with quite a big group of followers, all going strong. While we enter into Marina Jetty, the gap between runners has gone wider and wider. Thanks to Tigger for staying by at the junction to ensure and direct the first-timer to the right direction. As I turned out from jetty, all I could see was flashes of orange shirt from the very far end and they slowly disappear within my sight :blink: :sweat:

Runners were supposedly to run according to marathon pace and possibly to follow the pacer of the respective hour that they are targeting. It was indeed a very cooling night which probably explained why some of our runners were happily enjoying their tempo run instead of doing a marathon pace. Good weather is hard to come by :Tounge: Comments that I get from one of our runner who earnestly followed the 4hr pacer:

Yee Hua: I followed DreamRunner thru the entire run and he was giving lots of advice throughout.

All in all, everyone had a good time catching up after the run with 2 cartons of 100 plus served and mapping each other’s nick. Most of them dispersed around 8.30pm with some still lingering around for chit chatting. Overall, nice run, good weather, good company!! :smilie_daumen1: For those who have missed out yesterday’s run, no worries at all. One last chance before D-Day.

Next week 27th Nov, same time (7pm), same place (Tg.Pagar opp White House), same route (Marina South), same distance (10km). COME & run with our pacer! See ya all!! :cheers:

I think the dist was approx 10k.

Too many people, couldn't get around to knowing everybody.

Just one question for the regular CBD crew. Did the route taken yday follow the actual route for the first 10k of SCSM? I just looked at the route for the SCSM and noticed that after looping around marina the distance is approx 10k also but it seems that we went in the reverse direction to the race route? Not sure if I'm right but anyway it was a good run.

Just one question for the regular CBD crew. Did the route taken yday follow the actual route for the first 10k of SCSM? I just looked at the route for the SCSM and noticed that after looping around marina the distance is approx 10k also but it seems that we went in the reverse direction to the race route? Not sure if I'm right but anyway it was a good run.

I had not taken a look at this year actual scsm route but from the past few year's, it should be the anti-clock of what we did yesterday.

ST, nice FR from you ! U so good can still remember so many faces.

I had not taken a look at this year actual scsm route but from the past few year's, it should be the anti-clock of what we did yesterday.

ST, nice FR from you ! U so good can still remember so many faces.

That's right. Was also talking to tktan that the ECP route also extended to F2 and U-turn back instead of the lagoon section.

Coming back will not be on the Marina Promenade. Instead will be along Republic Ave like the AHM route and on the road and then turn into Esplanade and through the underpass at Esplanade.

Cheers !

Kayano

Coming back will not be on the Marina Promenade. Instead will be along Republic Ave like the AHM route and on the road and then turn into Esplanade and through the underpass at Esplanade.

GE woman also came back via that route, look like it's a new running route liao.

Yo.. ST.. U write well too... Thanks for the Nice FR... :smilie_daumen1:

Nice FR ST. :smilie_daumen1:

Tigger friend is Chengnai(recently sign up), Fennel friend is Batx. XDD make a guest appearance as well.

Nobody introduce Jazsy and tarepanda to Tigger :sad:

Nice FR ST. :smilie_daumen1:

Tigger friend is Chengnai(recently sign up), Fennel friend is Batx. XDD make a guest appearance as well.

Nobody introduce Jazsy and tarepanda to Tigger :sad:

you can self-introduce mah

you can self-introduce mah

Tigger Shy :redface:

tigger is a guy cannot shy.... you want other mei mei to make first move?

tigger shy? alamak! my toes are laughing now la.... :LMAO:

i also don't know when tigger shy?

i also don't know when tigger shy?

my toenails are laughing...

That's right. Was also talking to tktan that the ECP route also extended to F2 and U-turn back instead of the lagoon section.

heard its bcos the marina south route is slightly shorter due to construction, thus ECP portion extended.

dun fret!

xdd pai kar but lug her running gear along juz in case she can run :) haiz, weather so nice but cannot run :(

anyway, her appearance made someone jealous :P

xdd pai kar but lug her running gear along juz in case she can run :) haiz, weather so nice but cannot run :(

anyway, her appearance made someone jealous :P

haha