Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

CBD Runners Gather - 2015 (Every Tuesday) cbd run

errrmmm.. did i say anything? :unsure:

from tanjong pagar to sentosa? far hor! :wacko:

I dun think is that far anyway, if I'm not mistaken, it's only about 5km from Tanjong Pagar to the Sentosa Bridge, so to & from, is about 10 to 11km ba. Should be easy for u lar.

can run inside marina city park itself? Last time near the sundial area, along the waterside there was a gravel lined stretch, quite nice. But dunno if still there with all the construction in the area.

I dun think is that far anyway, if I'm not mistaken, it's only about 5km from Tanjong Pagar to the Sentosa Bridge, so to & from, is about 10 to 11km ba. Should be easy for u lar.

can run inside marina city park itself? Last time near the sundial area, along the waterside there was a gravel lined stretch, quite nice. But dunno if still there with all the construction in the area.

from sundial i tink can go right... den along e breakwater n den along e construction area

before exiting at e seafood centre area... mmmm....

after dat will be more or less e usual route la

dunno if there's any loop inside marina city park itself... :)

from sundial i tink can go right... den along e breakwater n den along e construction area

I dun think so unless we want to do interval there. But ... but, it can get very dark inside the marina city park, not very safe for ladies leh .....

yea teh other time i ran with loanshark at the marina city park via the breakwater, really nice. aiyah next week we just do a recce run loh..

feeling bored running horizontal route? can do vertical run at the orchid blocks

I think the distance to Labrador Park is about 8km. That's where I currently train with the NTUC Climbathon team. Am making this guess because I take about 40mins to run there. Sentosa would be about 2/3 of the distance but it would be better if you have an Islander Card so that you can run across the causeway for free.

terence,

i think the distance you're quoting is one way - if we double back it'd be a little more than most want to do, i think?

i really like the marina city park breawater run, but abit dark so the ladies might not want to follow...next week CBD run, i will do a solo recce run, if you guys interested can join me. :Batting Eyelashes:

hey peeps!

Great to see you guys again! =D Thanx for the company, esp to petia n phil... oo

see you guys nxt week!!

2 flower protectors :blushing: U are getting stronger, must wait for me next time :redface:

hehe.. thanx.. :redface: i still got a long way to go before i can catch up with u guys! haha..

hehe.. thanx.. :redface: i still got a long way to go before i can catch up with u guys! haha..

jua you, jia you ! :cheers:

I think the distance to Labrador Park is about 8km. That's where I currently train with the NTUC Climbathon team. Am making this guess because I take about 40mins to run there. Sentosa would be about 2/3 of the distance but it would be better if you have an Islander Card so that you can run across the causeway for free.

what is the route that u run ? cos I'm trying to think of new route for my run. Marina South is becoming a war zone to me liao !

Sorry for disturbing phil and mich with too much chit-chat during the last run. No mp3 player so I self create noise to distract myself.

what is the route that u run ? cos I'm trying to think of new route for my run. Marina South is becoming a war zone to me liao !

Tanjong Pagar Rd, Keppel Rd (passing Malayan Raiway), Telok Blangah Rd (passing Sentosa, Vivo City and Harbour Front). Did a distance check from the jogging calculator. Actually the distance is just over 6.5km to Car Park A. I believe I took so long because of the traffic lights etc. and because I had to run with my backpack. Yeah! Excuses. Excuses. But, I think it's doable i.e. if you guys leave at 1845hrs, all should be back by 2030hrs depending on whether you guys want to go up the hill both ways or just do the flat at Labrador Park. Good thing about Labrador Park is that there are water fountains both on top of the hill and at the park itself. Okay, need to head off to the TNR @ the Running Lab now.

trencen, i think i should know the route you described. but pardon me, that route on weekday nights is not so nice to run right? the traffic is heavy and the pavement is narrow. but on weekends, it should be a nice route to run.

ronnie, why did you say marina south is a war zone to you now?

war zone? i miss this words....actually okie what? where is the war? still can run....in fact, i like the additional kind of surface that they added: tarmac trails.....very interesting and nice to run on

There are so many constructions going on at Marina South now. Road are being realigned. Trees are being chopped down to make way for new roads. And these are just the starting of more good "things" to come !

I still prefer the old fresh Marina South !

trencen, i think i should know the route you described. but pardon me, that route on weekday nights is not so nice to run right? the traffic is heavy and the pavement is narrow. but on weekends, it should be a nice route to run.

Traffic is not that heavy but you are right in that the pavement is rather narrow in some parts of the route ... not very good for running couples unless of course the intention is to get very close to each other. Having said that, since the distance to Sentosa is about only about 2.5km, you guys may want to consider Sentosa instead. It helps if you own an Islander Card so that you can run across the causeway for free.

Tanjong Pagar Rd, Keppel Rd (passing Malayan Raiway), Telok Blangah Rd (passing Sentosa, Vivo City and Harbour Front). Did a distance check from the jogging calculator. Actually the distance is just over 6.5km to Car Park A. I believe I took so long because of the traffic lights etc. and because I had to run with my backpack. Yeah! Excuses. Excuses. But, I think it's doable i.e. if you guys leave at 1845hrs, all should be back by 2030hrs depending on whether you guys want to go up the hill both ways or just do the flat at Labrador Park. Good thing about Labrador Park is that there are water fountains both on top of the hill and at the park itself. Okay, need to head off to the TNR @ the Running Lab now.

Thanks, Terence, will recee out that route soon !

Sorry for disturbing phil and mich with too much chit-chat during the last run. No mp3 player so I self create noise to distract myself.

haha... not disturbing la.. its nice to run with you. see ya next week! :Big Grin:

Are we running today despite the tremors from Sumatra? Our office staff were told to evacuate and go home early.

Showers now at tanjong pagar area.

jamessoh, bee, ronnie, petia, imd, phil, michiy....

thanks for the company....:)

james....

thanks for the "barang tumpang svc"... :)

it was raining beri heavily for a while at cbd area...

rain stopped around 710pm....

the rest carry on their run while i slacked at the meeting pl ....:D

c u guys next tues....:)

the marina city park is very dark. got extra light bulb help to shine the path.

that why, it is dangerous for the gals to run there alone.

jamessoh, bee, ronnie, petia, imd, phil, michiy....

thanks for the company....:)

james....

thanks for the "barang tumpang svc"... :)

it was raining beri heavily for a while at cbd area...

rain stopped around 710pm....

the rest carry on their run while i slacked at the meeting pl ....:D

c u guys next tues....:)

Wow, You guys really die hard runners :im Not Worthy: :hail:

I didnt join you all yesterday as it was pouring heavily at my work place around 6pm.

Went home to KUN instead... :Yawn: