Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

CBD Runners Gather - 2015 (Every Tuesday) cbd run

speak to me when you are there, i will let you know which group of runners are doing which timing.

The pacer are groups in 30mins interval from 4, 4:30, 5 and 5:30hrs.

All pacers are typically capable of doing at least 15mins or faster than the timing they are assigned to.

They are given the latest Polar gadget(RS800) to pace the entire distance.

Take this opportunity to speak to the pacers of the intended timing to gather as much information/strategy they are adopting and formed your own strategy for the run.

It is after all - Run Your Own Race.

wah free polar watch!!! how to be a pacer ah? i think most of the runners here are more than qualified to be pacers..

speak to me when you are there, i will let you know which group of runners are doing which timing.

The pacer are groups in 30mins interval from 4, 4:30, 5 and 5:30hrs.

All pacers are typically capable of doing at least 15mins or faster than the timing they are assigned to.

They are given the latest Polar gadget(RS800) to pace the entire distance.

Take this opportunity to speak to the pacers of the intended timing to gather as much information/strategy they are adopting and formed your own strategy for the run.

It is after all - Run Your Own Race.

wah free polar watch!!! how to be a pacer ah? i think most of the runners here are more than qualified to be pacers.. :smilie_daumen1:

Here is the list the Hunk Pacer!!

Look out for bling bling blue NIKE pacers' singlets, shorts and shoes with the words "MARATHON PACERS"

they will be wearing bibs that display their pace timing

Groupings

[1] 4:00 hour

*David Tay

*Ben Wee

*Kenneth Ong

*Ernest Ng

*Chin Kok Kai

*Benny Goh

[2] 4:30 hour

*Mark Lee

*Henry Vaughan

*Marcus Chin

*Patrick Ngoh

*Tay Choon Wei

*Johny T.

[3] 5:00 hour

*Toh Kok Sin

*Henry Han

*Luke Peng

*Yanglyn

*James Koh

*Jeremy Kang

[4] 5:30 hour

*Kenneth Lim

*Bernard Tan

*Felix Wang

*Andy Lim

wah free polar watch!!! how to be a pacer ah? i think most of the runners here are more than qualified to be pacers.. :smilie_daumen1:

qualify to be pacer is one thing.....able to be good pacer is another thing....u need to forgo all ur egos and PB and run at a slower targetted pace..........discipline is something very important

To serve and not be served

qualify to be pacer is one thing.....able to be good pacer is another thing....u need to forgo all ur egos and PB and run at a slower targetted pace..........discipline is something very important

To serve and not be served

aiyo with all the freebies, nike shirt, shorts shoes, polar watch..ego is dead! :tongue_smilie:

Hmmm... true true... not ez to be a good pacer!

muz run at a constant speed for e whole 42km is no joke!

be the 5hr pacer loh...

just my 2 cents - really, its very difficult to be a pacer.

For one, there is the sacrifice of not pushing for your potential PB in a race, in exchange for the timing group that you're pacing.

Secondly the pacer has to be substantially stronger a runner than the timing group he or she's pacing - i.e, perhaps at least be able to finish in 4:15 to pace the 5hr group - but that's just a bogus figure.

also, the pacer has to be able to run at a consistent pace, and not adopt strategies like being alot faster in the first half and slowing down in the second half - this, as most of us will be able to tell, is tough, especially so after 35km.

Then the pacer also has to be the pai lang, as Aichai enlightened me once, in that he has to tell people who attempt to push the pace of the group to leave the pacing group. How you do that is up to you la :lol:

so to all the pacers reading this, :cheers:

nice weather and great run today!

many thanks to the pacers ...(though they took off at a very fast pace ...like 'beep beep!!')

wish I could stay longer after the run ... glad to know a few more SGRunners...

>> me << got to rush off to pick up my kid

Great to see the familiar faces at CBD run again after all these weeks! There was a HUGE turnout today - taking the pacers into account, the total number of runners was probably about 40 plus... :smilie_daumen1:

The marathon buzz was in the air and it was really inspiring to see the many seasoned runners share their experiences about completing the 42 km. Running with many new faces, including our overseas guests from Australia and Germany, certainly gave an added boost to the CBD run! :lol:

Thanks to all the pacers who came down today, and the organisers of the CBD run for making this happen :cheers:

4 more days to go... :tongue_smilie:

Great to see the familiar faces at CBD run again after all these weeks! There was a HUGE turnout today - taking the pacers into account, the total number of runners was probably about 40 plus... :smilie_daumen1:

The marathon buzz was in the air and it was really inspiring to see the many seasoned runners share their experiences about completing the 42 km. Running with many new faces, including our overseas guests from Australia and Germany, certainly gave an added boost to the CBD run! :lol:

Thanks to all the pacers who came down today, and the organisers of the CBD run for making this happen

4 more days to go...

good to have you write the CBD FR again, Roentgen :smilie_daumen1:

Welcome Back :Party:

yah today must thank the pacer hunks. really great run today, weather shwee shwee, pace also shwee shwee, really shiok.

Thanks to all the pacers who came down today, and the organisers of the CBD run for making this happen

4 more days to go...

good to have you write the CBD FR again, Roentgen :smilie_daumen1:

Welcome Back :Party:

Haha... so pai seh... this one cannot be considered official FR lah... this is more of a "tapered FR", in recognition of taper week! :P

Haha... so pai seh... this one cannot be considered official FR lah... this is more of a "tapered FR", in recognition of taper week! :P

FR also need to taper har ! :P

Anyway, thanks to the pacers, now at least I know which group to follow & hope to end off in a good shape !

fellow sgrunners n full mara pacers...

many thanks for the company juz now.....:)

all the best to our run on sun .....:)

yah today must thank the pacer hunks. really great run today, weather shwee shwee, pace also shwee shwee, really shiok.

yeah, great weather for running! hope the weather is shwee shwee on sunday, too :cheers:

thanks to tigger who organise this run with the pacers -- now we know who to look out for...

yeah, great weather for running! hope the weather is shwee shwee on sunday, too :cheers:

thanks to tigger who organise this run with the pacers -- now we know who to look out for...

i hope it rains.......slight drizzle best...... :)

Thanks to all the pacers who came down today, and the organisers of the CBD run for making this happen :cheers:

4 more days to go... :tongue_smilie:

Yes... Many thanks to te Trifam's Pacer n CBD rummers... it was a nice tapering run.. :smilie_daumen1:

Although a brief run, i hope everybody have a good look and identify the runners(pacer) in the target "zone" that you are aiming for.

Pacer are there as a guide, you have to form your own strategy for the run.

The Pacer will form up early at the starting point, speak to them if you are keen to know their strategy and maybe form your overall strategy

Have a good run and see you at the start line.

thanks guys! it was a great run! :cheers:

thanks to cokiee for falling back to guide me and mun.

i didn't realised you are just behind me until the end. :redface:

Hmmm... back to e potluck on 5th December... Tink i'll

make some jellies again... haha.. Seems like its e only ting i know how to make

well at least for e moment! E other time no one had stomachache so shld be ok hoh ;)

hi hi for potluck, dunno how to cook curry chicken or penang laksa, can i bring old chang kee curry puff or sotong ball or crab nuggets???