Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arampan

Singapore VR (Vitural Reality) - Beyond Panoramic Photography

wah wasted i couldn't join the joyriders one!

boo.

Sorry i wasn't able to turn up WC - was probably still trudging my way up loyang then. heh.

Coool! Can we do something like this on Sunday? :P

Of Course

I also wanna be in the photo this Sun!!!!

Coool! Can we do something like this on Sunday? :P

our circle will be too small leh

I think we have more than enough runners to match the numbers. Just need to gather them together. RSM appoint platoon sgts to fall everyone in.

amaranthine ...

thanks alot for taking sgrunners group photo ... :xyzthumbs:

So we finally have our own VR. Thanks Amaranthine

Nice shots there !

Cheers !

Kayano

:smilie_daumen1: btw, the flying is moving all the time right? so you can still have time to take picture 360 degree?

I think you are the only one so far I know who noticed the the technical challange of getting this shot. I had to balance speed of shooting, long exposure timing and ISO speed. Too high an ISO speed, the image turns grainy, boost noise reduction just blurs out details... Too slow a shutter speed, the outside turns blur due to movement... Shoot too fast turning around causes vibration of the tripod... Shoot each shot too slow and the city moves out of alignment... this shot ultra Gao Nan Du :Cry:

My settings

ISO 400, F6.7 (focused on the city), Expose 1.5sec

Approx 15 sec to complete shooting 7 images

:smilie_daumen1: btw, the flying is moving all the time right? so you can still have time to take picture 360 degree?

I think you are the only one so far I know who noticed the the technical challange of getting this shot. I had to balance speed of shooting, long exposure timing and ISO speed. Too high an ISO speed, the image turns grainy, boost noise reduction just blurs out details... Too slow a shutter speed, the outside turns blur due to movement... Shoot too fast turning around causes vibration of the tripod... Shoot each shot too slow and the city moves out of alignment... this shot ultra Gao Nan Du :Cry:

My settings

waaaah so cheem! :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy:

My settings

wah! then how long did you take to complete the images?

you mean if 1 image cannot make it, you have to re-take every image again?

I was so worried there would be problems for the Nighttime SG Flyer Shoot so I took a total of 20 sets of VRs. I need 7 photos for each set so that's a total of 140 photos. Each I played around with different combinations of ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture.

Sure enough... about 15 sets turned out bad. Either too noisy, suffered motion blur or underexposed.

My rides on the SG Flyer were free (1 round for introduction, 1 round for day shoot, 1 round for night shoot) but cannot ask them to let me go up again cos i messed up.

My settings

Cannot use FLASH? :Talking Ear Off:

Hahaha. Now you know why I failed PHOTOGRAPHY. :frusty:

I was so worried there would be problems for the Nighttime SG Flyer Shoot so I took a total of 20 sets of VRs. I need 7 photos for each set so that's a total of 140 photos. Each I played around with different combinations of ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture.

Sure enough... about 15 sets turned out bad. Either too noisy, suffered motion blur or underexposed.

My rides on the SG Flyer were free (1 round for introduction, 1 round for day shoot, 1 round for night shoot) but cannot ask them to let me go up again cos i messed up.

omg... and yet you have time to take 20 sets of VR!!! you mean 20 sets of VR for the 3 trips, right? otherwise, i think you'll be seeing stars like this :wacko::wacko::wacko:

btw, how about sharing the morning shot? :Big Grin:

you must have stayed there for a very long time...... :o:

Yes. cannot use flash. The glass will reflect the light back into the lens.

20 sets can be achieved rather quickly. 5 sets are auto-bracketed +1 F-stop to give me more room to work with exposure. Each round is a 30 minute ride. 15 - 20 seconds to shoot 7 shots, any longer and you'll have serious misalignment due to everything outside gradually shifting.

I don't have a morning shot cos the flyer doesn't open till 9am... and to get them to start the machines means activating a whole bunch of people.

Did you know the flyer is actually a free wheeling unit being pushed by several tyres? YES... Tyres ! ! ! Similar to the kind found on lorries and trucks. Go check it out ! ! !