Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nobok

is it ok for guys to wear FBT shorts for running or other sports?

I am 1.83cm tall, and yet I wear them regularly. I am completely comfortable with them probably coz I have been wearing as home wear since my teens, and I cant care less if my friends joke about it. No one stares when I go run through even crowded places. It is much more common than you think, and the FBT shorts has actually been popular with guys for a long long time until the sudden female invasion in recent years. So in no way do I consider them female wear.

I kept some of my oldest ones which I compared the length and found that it hasen't actually changed much over almost 3 decades. The only major change was the material used (during those times, most sports wear were in thick, pure nylon, and not the breathable, porous material we have today).

I have quite a number of FBTs both in straight n curve cut. PLus I am 1.9m tall. I find the material great esp the 'silk' one cos it is cooling plus it dries fast. The other 'dri-fit' which costs abt $3 more is also great for running. In fact, i also have the running tops to match the shorts. Price wise it is so affordable esp if you get them at Queensway. THe shorts are for both sexes but the tops do have those for the ladies and guys. Chk out the arm holes n you know what I mean. I wear them for running, in and ard the hse, going out to buy something and even wear them to bed (of course wear a clean set to sleep la! :Big Grin: ) They are quite multi-purpose and quite durable as well...

I have quite a number of FBTs both in straight n curve cut. PLus I am 1.9m tall. I find the material great esp the 'silk' one cos it is cooling plus it dries fast. The other 'dri-fit' which costs abt $3 more is also great for running. In fact, i also have the running tops to match the shorts. Price wise it is so affordable esp if you get them at Queensway. THe shorts are for both sexes but the tops do have those for the ladies and guys. Chk out the arm holes n you know what I mean. I wear them for running, in and ard the hse, going out to buy something and even wear them to bed (of course wear a clean set to sleep la! :Big Grin: ) They are quite multi-purpose and quite durable as well...

I have the old FBT shorts...rubber bands no more elastic. Nowadays, FBT products are not running short alone, there have singlet, T-shirts, jackets, etc. Furthermore, FBT cutting are getting more sexy. Good example are running short. I just got a running short recently, dry fit one. The material is so thin...like a skin, dun know what type of material, it is as smooth as a silk. It is a low cutting short with 3/4 open sides. It cannot used as a sleeping short. Easily matched with related products.

This type of sexy cutting short....got inner liner. Sometime, I ask myself, should I wear a brief or no brief to run? I try without a brief...haha...very sexy, a bit of attraction in the park when I rested or doing warm up. By the way, I am not an exhibitionist, I just want to run as light as possible.

Try tights they are comfy too... cheap ones will be from nike and more ex ones from 2xu

ppl usually do not wear tights at home.. :Thinking:

I have the old FBT shorts...rubber bands no more elastic. Nowadays, FBT products are not running short alone, there have singlet, T-shirts, jackets, etc. Furthermore, FBT cutting are getting more sexy. Good example are running short. I just got a running short recently, dry fit one. The material is so thin...like a skin, dun know what type of material, it is as smooth as a silk. It is a low cutting short with 3/4 open sides. It cannot used as a sleeping short. Easily matched with related products.

This type of sexy cutting short....got inner liner. Sometime, I ask myself, should I wear a brief or no brief to run? I try without a brief...haha...very sexy, a bit of attraction in the park when I rested or doing warm up. By the way, I am not an exhibitionist, I just want to run as light as possible.

disgusting

hahas

sexy or not, i think its really comfy to wear. for running, at home yes. but not really walking around or going out with. i doubt many ppl enjoy seeing guys is short shorts walking around. unless you've got great legs hahas

I think if u walk out the street, u'll see lots lots of ppl wearing shorts, esp the FBT ones. lol. I think it is fine. Sometimes I wonder if FBT shorts are really youngster's fav wear here. lol.

Shorts is my uniform if I am not at work :LMAO: . Weather here is damn hot. Bermuda, pls no :Big Grin: . I hate it! As long as comfortable, hecks care. hhahaha....

disgusting

:LMAO:

Hmm.. when pple can wear swimming trunk running in ECP.... what's FBT?

huh??? u mean now cannot??? lol. I thought ppl practically wear anything at ecp??

personally, FBT, Adidas, Nike, 2Xu, whatever, just a brand. no stigma or anything attached. it is how confident and comfortable you are. Not everyone is looking/staring. just enjoy yourself, be a little selfish.

Best is to wear your underwear when wearing FBT shorts and esp you are going outside...after all you are in the public..

disgusting

H'mm...Some people like to exhibite themselves, I am not. Anyway, be open minded. We are not living in the 60 or 70. It is 21st century!

Yes... 100% agreed. What's FBT?

Not true hor! Remember the ex-fisherman who wore swim trunks at ECP and was told that its indecent exposure. :lol:

Best is to wear your underwear when wearing FBT shorts and esp you are going outside...after all you are in the public..

Low cutting short, wearing underwear is not nice! Somemore, people can see your underwear when you do warm up exercise. Anyway, as long as you are not nude, it is okay in the public.

Please remember that most ladies are wearing very very sexy sport wear.... a bra and a low cutting short. To me, sexy FBT is nothing!!

Not true hor! Remember the ex-fisherman who wore swim trunks at ECP and was told that its indecent exposure. :lol:

Really!!!?

O...ic. Thanks for information.

In my opinion, Singapore is still a conservative country. To me, this fisherman is okay leh. He is not expose his private part to the public. The 2 NP officers are "frogs under the well". Hmmm...no debate. It's OT!

Anyway, I m not like him, at least I wear a proper sport attire....a running singlet, a running short and running shoes with a pair of running socks. Have I offended the public?

disgusting

H'mm...Some people like to exhibite themselves, I am not. Anyway, be open minded. We are not living in the 60 or 70. It is 21st century!

you said it as an attraction in the park, thats disgusting

we do not wear briefs in running shorts either, it's meant to be worn this way. i find it silly you made it a topic.

Perhaps the frequent wearing of FBT shorts for any occasions imply fashion disaster, right? It is not like you only got one piece of shorts to wear!

we do not wear briefs in running shorts either, it's meant to be worn this way. i find it silly you made it a topic.

hmmm....Up to individual preference. U have no rights to stop people not wearing underwear under the short.

I think you are more silly to fight for a tick in this topic. There is no true or false answer!

disgusting

I think he meant sometimes, it inadvertently attracted unwanted attention although he is not exhibitionist. I suppose there always are voyeurs in the parks?

By the way, i've seen guys wearing all white (normal) shorts at competitions but with all sweat and perspiration, their dark underwear can be seen through. This also attracts unwanted attention.

Guys ... i think this topic is not so important and not worthy of such debate. Pls refrain from further response and do get back to topic about FBT shorts :)

BACK TO FBT!

what colours do GUYS think is nice? i think white is cool hahas. ive got a blue pair from my jc hahas

BACK TO FBT!

what colours do GUYS think is nice? i think white is cool hahas. ive got a blue pair from my jc hahas

Hmmm....I seldom see white, once in a very long while only.

A fair number of runners do not wear briefs beneath shorts with lining, usually for comfort reasons. For me, it is for comfort, for health (why drive down the sperm count unnecessarily? :D), and to save some money (briefs last longer, less clothing to wash).

Heck I do not even understand why people get self-conscious without their briefs under their FBTs. No one I run with has EVER found out I am briefless unless they see me change in the restroom!

As for colours, mine is almost all black and navy blue as I prefer conservative colours and they pair well with most of my tops. I have a few royal blue and white ones, the later of which was purely because it is a stipulated colour in certain organisations. :D

BACK TO FBT!

mine is black..haha..in fact, all my running shorts is black..scare like what gtlife64 said, colour of the underwear can be see through after severe sweating..

A fair number of runners do not wear briefs beneath shorts with lining, usually for comfort reasons. For me, it is for comfort, for health (why drive down the sperm count unnecessarily? :D), and to save some money (briefs last longer, less clothing to wash).

Heck I do not even understand why people get self-conscious without their briefs under their FBTs. No one I run with has EVER found out I am briefless unless they see me change in the restroom!

As for colours, mine is almost all black and navy blue as I prefer conservative colours and they pair well with most of my tops. I have a few royal blue and white ones, the later of which was purely because it is a stipulated colour in certain organisations. :D

Haha....drive down the sperm count...100% Agree..

I have black, royal blue, red, green and even white too.....I rotate all the running short when running. Same as running singlet. Black colour and Dark Blue colour running short is the easier matching of singlet. White colour - easily dirty and take caution when resting in the park.

As for this coming Saucony Passion Run 2009, I wear a new sexy FBT running short - national colour matching with a new Saucony Singlet. haha.....

mine is black..haha..in fact, all my running shorts is black..scare like what gtlife64 said, colour of the underwear can be see through after severe sweating..

Haha..... :LMAO: Just do it!

Mine are mostly black (my fav colour) with 3 dark blue to match some of my running tops. majority are the curve cut ....equal mix of the thin silk-like material and the slightly thicker dri-fit ones....

I agree that the white ones make one's undergarments pretty obvious if you are the kind that sweats buckets..plus it gets dirtied easily when you sit....I find the bright colours a bit 2 loud for my taste!!! But comfort-wise, it is simply great.

BACK TO FBT!

i own 2 pairs of fbt shorts - dark blue and black. don't like bright colors because they are too attention seeking.. :)