Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nobok

is it ok for guys to wear FBT shorts for running or other sports?

hmm after hearing wad u guys said, it makes me wonder should i invest on 1 running shorts...... is adidas running short nice ??? the length i saw sometime back @ SCSM race expo.... its oso v short..... all running shorts are short ???

the length is getting longer relatively. i suppose many of us do not put the end of tops inside and in order to balance the length of top, its getting a bit longer.

the new FBT cutting is not as short as b4... think it's ok wat

how do u differentiate old n new fbt shorts? those selling at giant n carrefour is new or old version?

the new FBT cutting is not as short as b4... think it's ok wat

how do u differentiate old n new fbt shorts? those selling at giant n carrefour is new or old version?

if you can't tell which is new/old, then it doesn't make any difference to you...

anyway, new model will become old someday

my goodness this topic is still ALIVE?!

surprised?

Well, I am :unsure:

you're surprised the SHORTS-talk is so LONG? :o

my goodness this topic is still ALIVE?!

surprised?

Well, I am :unsure:

How LONG can one discuss about running SHORTS? :wacko::blink:

How LONG can one discuss about running SHORTS? :wacko::blink:

well the initial complaint was the shorts were too short right? so now make it longer lor :P

This late morning, I worn both FBT shorts and singlet for a 2-hour exercise.

that's LONG exercise in very SHORT shorts... :Thinking:

hmm after hearing wad u guys said, it makes me wonder should i invest on 1 running shorts...... is adidas running short nice ??? the length i saw sometime back @ SCSM race expo.... its oso v short..... all running shorts are short ???

I've invested in one adi*** short on 2006 and is still used very frequently, almost daily, but necessarily for races!

Its split shorts, can be considered v short, nearly like FBT ones too... And it gets literally soaking wet once I hit above 18km!

Sometimes, short is just a relative measure. For example, this short discussion on shorts. :P

I'm new to this forum but seeing this thread stretch on just how short shorts are is tickling me funny bone... :Tounge: Here's my chance to add to the thread. I'm using the FBT shorts for a 1.7m tall, 74kg runner, and I'm wearing size XL, the side's v-cut, not the curvy-cut, coz the v-cut is less revealing and more subdued for a conservative like me. Note the curvy-cut XL actually ends up smaller than the v-cut's X (don't ask me why they designed it as such). It's cheap and quite lasting, can buy at least 2-3 pairs versus one Adidas shorts and yeah, FBTs don't stick, but the latest batches are thicker and heavier but when you're used to it's weight, new or old, that extra grams don't matter.

I am 1.83cm tall, and yet I wear them regularly. I am completely comfortable with them probably coz I have been wearing as home wear since my teens, and I cant care less if my friends joke about it. No one stares when I go run through even crowded places. It is much more common than you think, and the FBT shorts has actually been popular with guys for a long long time until the sudden female invasion in recent years. So in no way do I consider them female wear.

I kept some of my oldest ones which I compared the length and found that it hasen't actually changed much over almost 3 decades. The only major change was the material used (during those times, most sports wear were in thick, pure nylon, and not the breathable, porous material we have today).

I am 1.83cm tall, and yet I wear them regularly. I am completely comfortable with them probably coz I have been wearing as home wear since my teens, and I cant care less if my friends joke about it. No one stares when I go run through even crowded places. It is much more common than you think, and the FBT shorts has actually been popular with guys for a long long time until the sudden female invasion in recent years. So in no way do I consider them female wear.

I kept some of my oldest ones which I compared the length and found that it hasen't actually changed much over almost 3 decades. The only major change was the material used (during those times, most sports wear were in thick, pure nylon, and not the breathable, porous material we have today).

Yup, you are right! :)

In fact, my FBT shorts were amongst the first I could buy at that time with my peanuts allowance. At least they have remained affordable all these years, and that was probably why I stayed loyal to them. :D

BTW, yes it is true that the white versions can be see-through when wet. But I remember it was never an issue back in those days when it was the old, solid material, and we had quite a number of officers in the various uniformed services wearing them!

Haha i will be getting 1 too but i thinking of getting size L

There really isn't much of a difference in terms of length! :D

Haha i will be getting 1 too but i thinking of getting size L

There really isn't much of a difference in terms of length! :D

I see :)

Nowadays, FBT have a lot of sexy shorts and singlets, it is very hard to differentiate Male or Female sport wears. When I asked, the sales assistant always said "unisex". Anyway, I look carefully and make sure it is unisex before I pay.

Their latest product line does have male/female indicators liao.

Anyway I wont consider FBT singlets as particularly sexy, when they are often thicker and less revealing then those provided by their competitors. Their shorts may be "sexy" to some, but that is if you compare their shorts with the berms of other brands. Try comparing them with the running shorts and see the (lack of a) difference!

hahas

sexy or not, i think its really comfy to wear. for running, at home yes. but not really walking around or going out with. i doubt many ppl enjoy seeing guys is short shorts walking around. unless you've got great legs hahas

hahas

sexy or not, i think its really comfy to wear. for running, at home yes. but not really walking around or going out with. i doubt many ppl enjoy seeing guys is short shorts walking around. unless you've got great legs hahas

haha... agreed with your last statement coz I experienced it.

I feel uncomfortable if people "eyed" my below part or to my short only... embarrassed!! it is the reason that I don't wear a sexy running short to hawker center. I will change to a bermuda once I finished my running.

hahas

haha... agreed with your last statement coz I experienced it.

I feel uncomfortable if people "eyed" my below part or to my short only... embarrassed!! it is the reason that I don't wear a sexy running short to hawker center. I will change to a bermuda once I finished my running.

dun bare too much skin if u are going to split open ur legs wide while sitting :Hypnotized:

dun bare too much skin if u are going to split open ur legs wide while sitting :Hypnotized:

haha...unless I am shag...and sit down on the staircase. Anyway, my inner liners are very tight. I am okay with it. In addition, I don't sit very high :)

Try tights they are comfy too... cheap ones will be from nike and more ex ones from 2xu