Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nobok

is it ok for guys to wear FBT shorts for running or other sports?

if you don't feel comfortable thinking ppl are staring, run faster lah...

Haha. Yep, then people will stare but for different reason

"Wah this guy running sooooo fast!!!"

This is quite a funny question!

I have a few pairs and I'm a guy... so I guess it's alright? When I run I don't care whether people are looking or not...

how bout' a pink couloured shorts for you??? =p

Enjoy running=)

Wah.. er.. then cannot lah... Red, black, blue, green, yellow I can accept... but pink.. cannot lah...

so nobok, hope you realised that the answer to your original question all depends on each individual. :)

Hi,

I have 2 FBT shorts (of course no pink for me, typical black and dark blue ones) and I am still using them almost for every run.

Why are they called 'shorts'? Becos they are suppose to be short mah!!! :frusty:

Personally, I think some other brands's shorts are also short.

Stare from others? Who cares? Though I dun have hariy legs and big thighs, my legs looked fair in color (tanning can only tahan on me for 3 days!!)

U can see my FBT short from my profile pic.

As long as u r comfortable, dun need to care stares from others...those shorts are really cheap, soft, and comfortable plus no abrasion for me. :smilie_daumen1:

Hmm.... I don't have FBT shorts, though I agree that they're somewhat skimpier than, say, Army PT shorts.

On my part I wear my JC PE shorts (eight years old!) or my Army PT shorts (>4 years old!). In spite of their age, they're still in amazingly good condition.

Just too lazy to shell out money for FBT shorts when these shorts suit me just fine. :tongue_smilie:

i think its still okay, i seen adidas running shorts b4, its way shorter.... but does a running short makes u performs better?? i only know a running t shirt will do wonders, ut sure about shorts... hehe

The point is not so much about the 'shortness' but if you are a sweat machine like me, I'll soak the whole short when I hit 10km..it became heavy and the weight of the short actually weights it down.. and it dripping as I run.. not a pretty sight. Worse, because if this, I've a lot of chaffing on the groin side.. Therefore, I've decided when I did my first marathon, I changed to running tights (Zoot, 2XU, Nike). It helps a lot. These tights reduced the effects I've just mentioned. So, now, if I need to run beyond 10km, I used running tights instead of shorts.

The point is not so much about the 'shortness' but if you are a sweat machine like me, I'll soak the whole short when I hit 10km..it became heavy and the weight of the short actually weights it down.. and it dripping as I run.. not a pretty sight. Worse, because if this, I've a lot of chaffing on the groin side.. Therefore, I've decided when I did my first marathon, I changed to running tights (Zoot, 2XU, Nike). It helps a lot. These tights reduced the effects I've just mentioned. So, now, if I need to run beyond 10km, I used running tights instead of shorts.

do the FBT shorts get translucent when its wet? and is the material dri fit?

I do not have any FBT shorts.. most of my shorts are nike..it won't get translucent when it is wet. Even the material is drifit (my nike shorts are all drifit) it won't help..

i don't have this problem with my FBT shorts. in fact i find FBT shorts much softer than other brands i have worn before.

anyway, it's hard to exercise and still stay clean and dry. i like it when i come back from my run thoroughly drench and wife asks "hur, was it raining outside?"...

no.. unless you get white

no.. unless you get white

Hardly see white running short.. :Big Grin:

have... have

AMK Hub NTUC and GIANT at Tampines as well as Carrefour at Suntec City have a wide range of FBT apparrel. Male and Female version.

Many designs and colours to choose.

Hope this helps.

Cheers !

Kayano

AMK Hub NTUC and GIANT at Tampines as well as Carrefour at Suntec City have a wide range of FBT apparrel. Male and Female version.

Many designs and colours to choose.

Hope this helps.

Cheers !

Kayano

Male n female version refers to the tops only right? for shorts does it have female n male category or unisex? is it labelled male n female? coz i dont want to get the wrong clothes n end up a sissy. oo

have... have

I recall that many years ago I saw a foreign indian who just wore a white brief and played in the pool at the Fantasy Island in Sentosa. Oh my..awful. The life guard asked him to get out of the pool and told him to wear a proper short. A cultural shock !

I wear FBT shorts for my regular runs too and I like them... :smilie_daumen1: ... they are cheap, good and light...

FBT Short are Short but they are way better and cheaper than adidas man... Adidas can see underwear clearly...it is like OMG....becoz i own 1 and i dun like wearing it....Not comfortable also... So Good Brand Doesn't means it is good....LOL... Cheers :Big Grin:

FBT Short are Short but they are way better and cheaper than adidas man... Adidas can see underwear clearly...it is like OMG....becoz i own 1 and i dun like wearing it....Not comfortable also... So Good Brand Doesn't means it is good....LOL... Cheers :Big Grin:

At e end of the day, it is down to personal preference so it would be nice not to "shoot down" any brand (not that I am pro-adi***).

One thing I like to comment is, regardless brands, that we'd better to look at the quality of inner brief before purchasing. if its durability is not good, it will stretch after several running, and will cause aabration. I would say, Nike is the the worst, after 1yr of usage, it gets loose, less flexible and start shaffing. Adidas - ok for me but durability is not so long. the best one among all I wore is Pearl Izumi, this is thicker yet flexible and soft, after 30-35 run without any protection (like body glide stick) my leg does not have any problem. try it.

My favourite shorts are FBT because they are cheap and good. The material doesn't get stuck to me as irritatingly as Nike shorts especially when I'mcovered in sweat.

About the shortness, I don't find them short, but just nice. Their length are somewhat like the shorts in Eliza's avatar. :)