Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jodan

Tights

run naked... with a g-string... :D

haha..

shall see u run in tat :cool_grin:

Frootloops u got the 2xu tights rite? how is it, nice? u got try skins before?

i own skins

the shorts and the long ones

bothe are good..

worn the short ones for the sundown.. surprisingly my legs dun ache tat much

n worn the long for few days, as recovery under biz pants

it aids in my recovery.

was able to walk properly by tues

The 2XU stocks are in at KPI. I am not related to KPI however I am their customer.

Cheers !

Kayano

Hi,

Do you know how much does a pair of 2XU long tights cost at KPI?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

Bought a pair compression short to try it out. SGD99. :)

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks

Cheers!

Where u buy? KPI?

Please give us ur review after trying them out ya?

i own skins

bothe are good..

it aids in my recovery.

Great Tip...

Think its a jolly good idea to wear SKINs for recovery during office hours (beneath business attire)!

I will be trying that. :cheers:

i own skins

bothe are good..

it aids in my recovery.

Great Tip...

Think its a jolly good idea to wear SKINs for recovery during office hours (beneath business attire)!

I will be trying that. :cheers:

have been doing tat for a couple of times hehe.. feels shiok.. never feel hot or anything like tat.. regulates temperature well and gud for recovery.. quick2 go try..

feels shiok.. never feel hot or anything like tat.. regulates temperature well and gud for recovery.. quick2 go try..

I must say that the SKINS' compression material used is really unique.

You will never feel too hot or cold regardless of weather.

Hi,

Thanks

Cheers!

Where u buy? KPI?

Yes. I bought it at KPI.

They also had Pearl Izumi tights selling @ SGD59.

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks

Cheers!

Where u buy? KPI?

Yes. I bought it at KPI.

They also had Pearl Izumi tights selling @ SGD59.

Cheers!

hmm, the PI tights are normal running tights right? no compression?

anyone knows whether the adidas techfit series got compression? quite tempted to use with my stanchart discount...

sorry ignore this... i found the answer already... it is a compression garment.

Saw at the shop at marina square level 3 selling sports stuff 1 corner got nike pro compression selling for 38 while the normal nike tights is 45. anyone has any idea why the "compression" labelled tights selling cheaper?

Is the SKINS tights suitable for swimming? I am thinking of using it for the upcoming OSIM triathlon. Thanks!:)

sea water should be okay, but not chlorinated water, however when submerged in water, the "skins benefits" will be reduced...

Hi, i'm a beginner and looking for long compression tights.

Please recommend me some places to buy.

I had tired Queensway (only Pearl Izumi found) and Velocity (only X2U found).

Where to find those Nike, Adidas, Mizuno compression tights?

Thanks!!!

Hi, i'm a beginner and looking for long compression tights.

Please recommend me some places to buy.

I had tired Queensway (only Pearl Izumi found) and Velocity (only X2U found).

Where to find those Nike, Adidas, Mizuno compression tights?

Thanks!!!

i think you can find nike at any of the large nike shops (vivo, suntec, and perhaps marina square). that's where i got my nike pro tights.

similarly, adidas at suntec also sell their range.

I just bought a nike pro tight at Aqua and Leisure (3rd flr Marina Sq) @ 30bucks. Didn't notice any long ones avail but prices range from 38bucks (got mine @30 bucks cos clearing stock for my piece which is light grey and small size)

Not sure if I'm getting good advice cos the auntie says its compression tights although some boxes has the word compression and some doesn't. The Nike fit pro I saw is going for 45 bucks there.

BTW, the tights really seems like wearing underwear, no additional layer inside so a bit concern about what happens when wet( since my color is light grey)

The Nike Pro range is designed to be a first/base layer where jersey/shorts are worn over it as a second outer layer, which is why its material is thinner that thicker running specific shorts or tights.

However its use as a first/base layer or just on its own is your personal preference since running gear are getting thinner and thinner.

Is the SKINS tights suitable for swimming? I am thinking of using it for the upcoming OSIM triathlon. Thanks!:)

It might be too late for others who have the same thought do consider, below is the email in response to my queries, i wrote in to them quite some time back and this is my 2nd time posting it.

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for your enquiry regarding Skins products.

In response to your questions, Skins are designed primarily for use in all active sports, although we would not normally recommend them for water related sports (specifically swimming), because it does reduce the effectiveness of those benefits that have become synonymous with Skins. Likewise, and in common with any garment, there is always the risk that over a period of time both chlorine and salt water can have an adverse effect on the fabric and stitching.

I hope that this clarifies the situation.

Cheers,

David

I wore the skins underneath my tri-shorts for this year 70.3. The compression were present during the bike and run portion, the tri-shorts provided the padding for the riding part. The good swim jammers are as tight if not tighter than compression tights, but in the water compression may be negligeable.

Saw the Skins biking shorts in the shops, quite costly. i think its a matter of time that the tri-shorts version will be launch. When that happens, it may change alot of people's race attire.

I have been doing most races, long training and recoveries using compression clothings, for me i felt the difference and i am using it for this year IMWA. Hence i do recommend it.

In my opinion, 2xu tights seems lighter and thinner compared with SKINS one. Yet, most runners find the former to be better. I think it has a lot do with its design and style as SKINS tends to feel more sexy despite being technologically superior. So does it actually mean 2xu is leading in compression apparel ? Please share your views.

this sort of thing i think is a personal preference...some like the tights to be really tight while others think that a little snug is ok.

In my opinion, 2xu tights seems lighter and thinner compared with SKINS one. Yet, most runners find the former to be better. I think it has a lot do with its design and style as SKINS tends to feel more sexy despite being technologically superior. So does it actually mean 2xu is leading in compression apparel ? Please share your views.

I've seen and felt both and Skins are actually slightly thinner than 2XU, while the Zoot ones are the thickest I think.

Both function the same in supporting the muscles and providing graduated compression from the bottom up, and usually its up to people's personal preferences to choose whichever brand suits them better.

I personally wear 2XU for recovery but I do have friends who use Skins too :)

I've seen and felt both and Skins are actually slightly thinner than 2XU, while the Zoot ones are the thickest I think.

Both function the same in supporting the muscles and providing graduated compression from the bottom up, and usually its up to people's personal preferences to choose whichever brand suits them better.

I personally wear 2XU for recovery but I do have friends who use Skins too :)

as for what i feel for myself is that between skins n 2xu... skins is good for recovery while 2xu can be used for the event or races. however ultimately... its individual preferences at the end of the day. After investing so much on these two... probably might be getting some additional for alternate use. Im planning to get the top with sleeves. any suggestions from those who uses it?

cheers