Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jodan

Tights

Was searching thru the forums.

Looking for brands of running or tri-tights

Looking for places selling them.

Would like to know if I can have some of the brands and places available.

Brands : Zoot, CW-X, 2XU, Pearl Izumi, De Soto

Places to get them : Running Lab, Hup Leong, T3

Is there any other brands and places?

Had tried looking ard in AMK and C2 without luck

Thanks.

yo jodan, I think sifu Do & dreamie have some Mizuno ones for running.

As for me, I wear "skins" for my runs. But I think these "skins" are not available in Sg. Try:

www.skins.com.au

heh...yah, I have tried only the running tights of CW-X, Mizuno, NB, Nike.

I must say the Nike and CW-X did it best for me, in terms of looks and functionality. NB ones good value. Mizuno...ermm, hmmm, din do it for me (despite having a pocket at the back, which attracted them to me in the first place).... just my own opinion.

hi, i dont know abt tri-shorts. But i am currently wearing Nike running tights, they're very comfortable, relatively cheap compared to tri-shorts (abt $40) and got zippered pocket behind. Am gonna go get another pair in case they discontinue the line.

hi jodan,

the brands that you've mentioned are known more for their triathlon apparel - if you're looking for pure running tights, i'd say perhaps you might want to try the newbalance ones (avail at the nb concept stores), or the mizuno ones (at the mizuno stores). those are the 2 i've tried.

I like the nb ones more, but simply because they have a tigher elastic band around the thighs which prevent them from riding up with you lift your legs more. That having been said, the tighter band also means that more of my fats protrude. (perhaps thats motivation to go faster, heh!)

recently some of my training partners have taken to using nike ones, and thus far it's seemed pretty decent for them (i didnt really ask). Some others swear by CW-X, but they're a little prici(er).

some considerations would include the tightness of the bands, whether you want pockets, and well - comfort in it (which would include the colour, i suppose?) - because if you dont like it you wont train well in it.

and then there's something i like to say : <i>kalah tidak apa, style masih ade!</i>

Cool. Thanks, guys.

I will check things out.

Think I have been looking in the wrong places.

Will check out the concept stores.

I dunno much about running shorts but for what it's worth this thread is very informative. I will try dreamrunner & aerosolcan choice of Nike.

Coolz, will drop by Queensway SC this Sunday if I have the time.

Had not gone there since I left my old work place early last year.

I recall the nike tights cost ard $37 at queensway according to Dreamrunner :)

a fellow SgRunner got it for me from Queensway Shopping Centre... around $41 after discount.

Just wanna ask you guys wearing tights. what is a benefit ? long time ago i tried running tights but it was too hot fo me.

i like using running tights for long(er) distances, simply because i've got (very) fat tighs, and if i don't use them, i'll usually get my inner thighs chaffed.

That having been said, your concerns are justified. Initially, and especially when hot, you'll realise that it can get quite hot using tighs - personally i perspire alot so it's not so much of an issue f or me (:

jodan - you can definitely get a pair for less than 50 sgd, heh.

Just wanna ask you guys wearing tights. what is a benefit ? long time ago i tried running tights but it was too hot fo me.

i swear by cw-x... and it's not what cokiee said (a little pricier)... it's very pricey... so skins as recommended by shortlegs maybe a good substitution... :smilie_daumen1:

i only run in cw-x short and long tights... so i can only comment on cw-x... for me, initially, it was to shield me from the cold... (ran philidelphia marathon in nov 05 and the starting temp was around 3 deg celsius)... later on, i find it very good as it sort of like held on your muscles, compact it, give it the support and your legs dun tire out... (compression tights)... no wonder when i wore it the fist time, i got a PB... :P

however, as mentioned in their website (or somewhere else i can't remember), we should only wear cw-x tights during race day and not normal training days... or else, we'll develop a reliance on it and it is not good since we are supposed to train our muscles...

also cw-x tights has various models... so you can choose the one that suit you best... check out the website below:

CW-X Tights - Technologies

p.s. i wore cw-x long tights in SCSM 2006... very cooling... (from someone who can only run in temp between 10 to 16 deg celsius)...

i swear by cw-x... and it's not what cokiee said (a little pricier)... it's very pricey... so skins as recommended by shortlegs maybe a good substitution... :smilie_daumen1:

i only run in cw-x short and long tights... so i can only comment on cw-x... for me, initially, it was to shield me from the cold... (ran philidelphia marathon in nov 05 and the starting temp was around 3 deg celsius)... later on, i find it very good as it sort of like held on your muscles, compact it, give it the support and your legs dun tire out... (compression tights)... no wonder when i wore it the fist time, i got a PB... :P

however, as mentioned in their website (or somewhere else i can't remember), we should only wear cw-x tights during race day and not normal training days... or else, we'll develop a reliance on it and it is not good since we are supposed to train our muscles...

also cw-x tights has various models... so you can choose the one that suit you best... check out the website below:

CW-X Tights - Technologies

p.s. i wore cw-x long tights in SCSM 2006... very cooling... (from someone who can only run in temp between 10 to 16 deg celsius)...

Err, pai seh ah. But how pricey is pricey? :P

Could it be that there is a difference between running tights and compression tights? :12:

Can we get CW-X in Singapore?

Could it be that there is a difference between running tights and compression tights? :12:

the shorts tights is US$74.95 and the long tights is US$79.95 if not wrong... :smilie_daumen1: it is not available in singapore... at least, not yet... so far, people has been getting from thailand, japan and usa... it is cheaper to get it from thailand... but apparently, the quality is not as good as those you get from usa... not sure why cos those selling in usa is also made in thailand... it is under the wacol brand... :)

btw, i'm not sure about the tights from nike, nb, mizuno, adidas... so i can't comment...

the shorts tights is US$74.95 and the long tights is US$79.95 if not wrong... :smilie_daumen1: it is not available in singapore... at least, not yet... so far, people has been getting from thailand, japan and usa... it is cheaper to get it from thailand... but apparently, the quality is not as good as those you get from usa... not sure why cos those selling in usa is also made in thailand... it is under the wacol brand... :)

btw, i'm not sure about the tights from nike, nb, mizuno, adidas... so i can't comment...

Hmm... Ripley, the last time we brought CWX fm thailand... they onli carry the Expert series not the Pro series... they are different series NOT poorer quality, lah <_<

Wah, this is insane. Will KIV CW-X first. :)

Thanks, Ripley.

alamak, cw-x is carried under wacol brand in thailand??

alamak, cw-x is carried under wacol brand in thailand??

CW-X should be under wacoal sports everywhere.

Thanks,

oh that is an interesting comment. Indeed I have one very old long length CWX but never used in Sin. I may buy a short type CWX when I travel to Japane next tiem for speedworks and rehabilitation purpose in case I get injured...

Hmm... Ripley, the last time we brought CWX fm thailand... they onli carry the Expert series not the Pro series... they are different series NOT poorer quality, lah <_<

Hi to Ripley & DO,

I travel to Bkk often for biz, so just wondering where do you buy them in Bkk (i assume when you say Thailand you meant Bkk). Big city so need to focus rather than run around town. Can you get it at "Central" at Chitlom ?...they have a big sports section there.

Hi to Ripley & DO,

I travel to Bkk often for biz, so just wondering where do you buy them in Bkk (i assume when you say Thailand you meant Bkk). Big city so need to focus rather than run around town. Can you get it at "Central" at Chitlom ?...they have a big sports section there.

Hi just go to Super Sports at Central Chdlom or ex. World Trade Center (I don remember the current name, also run by central, and located opposite Gayson plaza).

Hi just go to Super Sports at Central Chdlom or ex. World Trade Center (I don remember the current name, also run by central, and located opposite Gayson plaza).

Thanks realrunner.. Ok got it. I will check out Central Chitlom first (since there is BTS) then try World Trade Center.

many thanks.

will inform when I next go & see if anybody wants one.