Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ac_milan2000

RECOMMEND ME A BRAND/TYPE OF TIGHTS

got, they gave me slightly below $100. still a bit high...

wa 2XU half thighs below 100 ar.. i think its pretty gd deal leh.. i mean in a no budget perspective.. its really cheap.. :Shocked:

Yes, its a good deal as you are paying for a specifically designed compression shorts (like SKINS) and not ordinary tights...I paid more for mine... :Cry:

For a lower budget, you can try the Pearl Izumi Photon Splice Short I mentioned in my earlier post, it is not designed as a compression shorts but a running shorts, it also offers some compression. As a running shorts, it also offers a zipper center back pocket, leg grippers and most importantly inner front liner (so your member is not profiled so much :Big Grin: leaving the aunties gawking at them and letting their imagination run wild).

is it sold at KPI also? i asked the guy then they said for compression shorts only got that one... unless i was being too specific in asking for compression shorts.

is it sold at KPI also? i asked the guy then they said for compression shorts only got that one... unless i was being too specific in asking for compression shorts.

Yes KPI, should ask for the PI running shorts/tights on offer, it is on the rack next to the casher just below the 2XU running tops.

BTW the 2XU running tops are also on offer, price after less is the same as Nike but better metarials.

ah i see, okay >.< shall go back next week then.

running tops? u mean those running singlets? they were having offers on those as well.

running tops? u mean those running singlets? they were having offers on those as well.

their running singlet a bit simple design. The short sleeve top seems better material.

Ya, 2XU running singlets and tees, the PI running singlet also at the same price, but think the 2XU ones are of a better material.

haha ok i'll check those out as well, thanks for the info :)

hey runstep, good to see u yesterday morning. Feeling good in skins?

i haven't tried running with any compression shorts at all :P

the guy wearing skins yesterday was gibert. hehe.

only tried on 2XU compression shorts, but haven't bought and tried running with them yet. still thinking whether i should get it at this stage...

i haven't tried running with any compression shorts at all :P

the guy wearing skins yesterday was gibert. hehe.

only tried on 2XU compression shorts, but haven't bought and tried running with them yet. still thinking whether i should get it at this stage...

hehe my bad. so sorry. I was quite blur yesterday, woke up at 430am and was raining but could not get to sleep back. My take on 2XU is it feels good better than anything when I try it on so end up buying it. At that time, I bought there was no skins. Now lost a bit of weight, the 2XU still fits well. It is still my favorite.

no problem, i also forget and mix up some people's names sometimes :)

hmm might wait till i save up more money before i get it, originally thought i would use it for biathlon, but then i think never mind, since a few people tell me use compression tights to swim a lot of sand go in. i'm okay with running in running shorts, maybe just put vaselin to prevent abrasion.

but till then i'll just look around and wait for a good deal. but thanks for the info nonetheless. :)

hehe but if anyone knows where can get discount, please share! :D

The centre seams of the 2XU Compression shorts might cause abrasion for guys as it presses against you know what down there as it is designed more for compression than for running.

As 2XU does not have a specific designed running shorts in tights style, was thinking of geting a pair of the 2XU Tri shorts which has zippered pocket and leg grippers. Anyone using Tri shorts solely for running instead of for Tri? Is it an overkill?

The problem in buying tight or compression short is that we cannot try it on eh? Bought one recently but realised that the leg area is quite loose (as in, not really compressed). Any idea can it be alter?

The problem in buying tight or compression short is that we cannot try it on eh? Bought one recently but realised that the leg area is quite loose (as in, not really compressed). Any idea can it be alter?

I was allowed to try on when I bought my Nike tights. As for my SKINS, I made purchase base on the BMI sizing chart at the back of the package box. It fits well even without trying it on. Believe there's no way you can alter a compression shorts.

no problem, i also forget and mix up some people's names sometimes :)

hmm might wait till i save up more money before i get it, originally thought i would use it for biathlon, but then i think never mind, since a few people tell me use compression tights to swim a lot of sand go in. i'm okay with running in running shorts, maybe just put vaselin to prevent abrasion.

but till then i'll just look around and wait for a good deal. but thanks for the info nonetheless. :)

hehe but if anyone knows where can get discount, please share! :D

Maybe you can try Tri shorts, these have leg grippers?

The centre seams of the 2XU Compression shorts might cause abrasion for guys as it presses against you know what down there as it is designed more for compression than for running.

As 2XU does not have a specific designed running shorts in tights style, was thinking of geting a pair of the 2XU Tri shorts which has zippered pocket and leg grippers. Anyone using Tri shorts solely for running instead of for Tri? Is it an overkill?

You can definitely use tri shorts for running, I'm using a tri shorts to run as I like to have the tri pockets for my keys and mp3 player. The padding is made for swim/cycle/run anyway so it doesnt get in the way

You can definitely use tri shorts for running, I'm using a tri shorts to run as I like to have the tri pockets for my keys and mp3 player. The padding is made for swim/cycle/run anyway so it doesnt get in the way

Thanks, will explore getting a pair. Any brand or model to recommend? Was thinking of the 2XU Endurance Tri Short..

I was allowed to try on when I bought my Nike tights. As for my SKINS, I made purchase base on the BMI sizing chart at the back of the package box. It fits well even without trying it on. Believe there's no way you can alter a compression shorts.

I guess so too.. anyone wanna buy a XS 2XU compression short? :Big Grin:

i've used tri tights for running and so far no abrasions..the cycling ones have really thick padding but those meant for tri are okay..just a very thin layer.

and...those evil profit-making companies have successfully marketed their stuff and created wants in us so we have lots of things to buy even though we don't need any of them lor...haha.

Roonz, what is the distance u ran in tri tights?? Can last for 21km without abrasion??

The Zoot Ultra tri tights padding a little itchy. hehee.

Roonz, what is the distance u ran in tri tights?? Can last for 21km without abrasion??

The Zoot Ultra tri tights padding a little itchy. hehee.

i used 2XU tri tights and ran 21km no probs..

did u wash the tights after buying it or just wear immediately???

Scare of wasting money when i choose the wrong size tights has put me off from switching over to tights till now.

i used 2XU tri tights and ran 21km no probs..

did u wash the tights after buying it or just wear immediately???

oh... I see...

Yeah Roonz. Of cos washed. The fur looks scary. hehe.. Of cos have to wash before wear. I always wash them before use.

But the material for Zoot tights a little hard yeah?

alll the talk about buying tights makes me gian to get a 2XU one or Zoot one too!!

yeah terry. Most of the talk here has been for compression tights which 2XU are specialized for, especially for the fit. However, other brand got tights too but they don't have such flexibility in the fabric. Cheers.