Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ac_milan2000

RECOMMEND ME A BRAND/TYPE OF TIGHTS

Don't know why. My size is XS, which I doubt so. zzzz. Maybe ask the guy to bring 2 size, then can try too....

You are a lady mah. I think should be accurate, your build is alright. They still got youth size, maybe you can try it la senza, price difference quite a bit.

You are a lady mah. I think should be accurate, your build is alright. They still got youth size, maybe you can try it la senza, price difference quite a bit.

:). oh, youth size cheaper??

humm, Gibert already ordered his. Gotta get too. hahaha. This boy seriously wanna beat me.haha

:). oh, youth size cheaper??

humm, Gibert already ordered his. Gotta get too. hahaha. This boy seriously wanna beat me.haha

keke yeah la senza. You should feel honoured. You are his role model. I find a 2'07 for second half marathon is no easy task. hehe no offence to Vivian Tang but you are faster than her first! Price wise for the half tights about $20 upwards cheaper for youth sizes.

keke yeah la senza. You should feel honoured. You are his role model. I find a 2'07 for second half marathon is no easy task. hehe no offence to Vivian Tang but you are faster than her first! Price wise for the half tights about $20 upwards cheaper for youth sizes.

I cannot sleep well at night u know :Cry: . Always got threatened of being beaten up at SCSM. Blackmailed by them everyday :Cry: . Even in the dream seeing him shouting, La Senza DIE!!!

haha. kidding.

thanks for the info, Edison :). Will check out...

Bird, u try on MR run?? hehe

KPI has the Pearl Izumi Photon Splice Short currently on offer for $59, it is a running tights (not tri so no padding down there) with some compression, it also has a zipper centre back pocket and leg grippers.

looks cool skn. At $59 is good price for compression. The only thing about pearl izumi is the thick stitch near the bottom on the tights, I foresee a bit of discomfort and chaffing. I guess just have to fold a bit to above the stitiching. Cheers.

Hi. New to running. Will tights help you to run faster and with

less injuries (eg. abrasion) ? Any brand in particular ? Thanks. :Batting Eyelashes:

i only wear tights for one reason only: long distance running. if u say wearing tights make one faster, this varies from person to person. injury wise, results may vary but largely to say, wearing tights prevent abrasion around the tight and esp groin areas.

Hi. New to running. Will tights help you to run faster and with

less injuries (eg. abrasion) ? Any brand in particular ? Thanks. :Batting Eyelashes:

Hi, Just like to add compression tights to a certain extend does help to reduce fatigue and also aid in recovery. However, run faster comes with training over time as you build up your strength and stamina patiently. If you sweat a lot and with longer distances, tights wick moisture better than shorts.

KPI has the Pearl Izumi Photon Splice Short currently on offer for $59, it is a running tights (not tri so no padding down there) with some compression, it also has a zipper centre back pocket and leg grippers.

looks cool skn. At $59 is good price for compression. The only thing about pearl izumi is the thick stitch near the bottom on the tights, I foresee a bit of discomfort and chaffing. I guess just have to fold a bit to above the stitiching. Cheers.

Yup, the thick stictch does itch and I folded up like you've said and that solves the problem

Tights give more freedom, like running without anything on :blushing: Unlike split shorts which can cause abrasion down there and sweat also drips down your legs, if you sweat like a pig like me.

been looking around for compression tights (the half one, not the full leg length one) for a while now, went to NB concept store at raffles city, they said they don't have. went to RL at funan, and the guy recommended me 2XU, unfortunately, the price is a little too much for me right now.

i've been skimming through this thread, and i see that there are compression tights below $70? are these suitable for triathlon and biathlons? because i'm used to running in running shorts (except maybe marathon need vaseline), so far all my distance runs no serious abrasions. but mainly would like one that can use for running marathon as well as in biathlons.

sorry if this has been asked before (it's quite a long thread), but besides RL, got any other place where they sell at a lower price? thanks in advance! :)

BTW, i got the competition swimming tights (among swimmers we call it jammers) as well (from my competitive swimming days), my friend said can wear for biathlon, but i doubt can wear for marathon haha. and unlike the 2XU compression tights, for me (maybe others more skilful) it takes quite long to wear, must slowly pull up, then pull it bit by bit up your thighs haha.

Yup, the thick stictch does itch and I folded up like you've said and that solves the problem

But when you fold up, will it 'slip up'?? Cos' for the zoot tights, there's this layer or a band of some sort at the bottom of the tights which is suppose to prevent the tights from slipping up (i think).

Btw, anybody knows if there's tri tights for sale at KPI and what's the price range?? =)

But when you fold up, will it 'slip up'?? Cos' for the zoot tights, there's this layer or a band of some sort at the bottom of the tights which is suppose to prevent the tights from slipping up (i think).

Btw, anybody knows if there's tri tights for sale at KPI and what's the price range?? =)

Got mine last month there at 59 bucks for the splice version. Maybe you wanna call and ask if still avail?

For those intending to get the 2XU Compression Shorts, do note that there are currently 3 styles out there, the older unisex style UA1090b, the newer men's style MA1438b and woman's style WA1439b. Not sure of the difference since the picture is the same and if KPI carries the newer styles.

2xu elite compression tights are easier to put on ... the material is thicker ...

Skins compression tights are harder to put on ... but the material is very cooling ...

but the 'feel' part is a very personal thing...

Skins are value for money...

2XU look fabulous ...

decsions decision decisions ... :)

just buy some and try them out ... and stick to one you are comfortable next time ...

cos such stuff is so close to your body .. you can't go around asking ... "ooi .. can lend me your compression tights to try boh? .. dun worry i quite clean one"

heehehe

can get these tights from queensway??

i know skins selling at queensway.. ( by ex pensively) so nike or adidas got sell?

i know skins selling at queensway.. ( by ex pensively) so nike or adidas got sell?

I think pearl izumi also at queensway too. Don't know about 2xu.

2xu elite compression tights are easier to put on ... the material is thicker ...

Skins compression tights are harder to put on ... but the material is very cooling ...

2XU look fabulous ...

just buy some and try them out ... and stick to one you are comfortable next time ...

cos such stuff is so close to your body .. you can't go around asking ... "ooi .. can lend me your compression tights to try boh? .. dun worry i quite clean one"

heehehe

Agree on the design of 2XU, but prefer the material of SKINS, it wicks liquids of all types of viscosity away from your skin to the surface keeping you dry.

But the SKINS elastic waistband makes it look like a pair of underwear...it attracts even more attention to its figure hugging skin tight profile. Maybe it was originally intended as a baselayer like the Nike Pro range? And that some was bold enough to start wearing it on its own...and as they say the rest is history.

2XU look fabulous ...

heehehe

Agree on the design of 2XU, but prefer the material of SKINS, it wicks liquids of all types of viscosity away from your skin to the surface keeping you dry.

But the SKINS elastic waistband makes it look like a pair of underwear...it attracts even more attention to its figure hugging skin tight profile. Maybe it was originally intended as a baselayer like the Nike Pro range? And that some was bold enough to start wearing it on its own...and as they say the rest is history.

hehe ok ahh..doesn't really attract lots of attention with other colours. You can use your top to cover up. Unless you top less, I admit it looks quite vulgar.

Yes, you can get both the Nike running tights and Nike Pro baselayer tights from Queensway.

But if you are looking for running tights, the Pearl Izumi Photon Splice Short currently on offer for $59 at KPI would be a better buy at that price range.

Do take note that for SKINS and 2XU you should get one or two sizes down from what you would normally get for NIke or Adidas, best to try out the sizes.

hehe ok ahh..doesn't really attract lots of attention with other colours. You can use your top to cover up. Unless you top less, I admit it looks quite vulgar.

Well you might not want to be caught in a situation where your surroundings may cause the vulgar factor to increase, then sure to attract attention one.

hmm think i'll go down to KPI one of these days to have a look. are skins suitable for swimming (for triathlon/biathlon)?

i sometimes see people wearing running shorts over haha.

Well you might not want to be caught in a situation where your surroundings may cause the vulgar factor to increase, then sure to attract attention one.

True, especially at the wrong end of East Coast Park. Not sure if its still the same there.

True, especially at the wrong end of East Coast Park. Not sure if its still the same there.

Err...I not refering to that type of suroundings at the end of ECP near the Shears Benjamin Sheares Bridge...but the swee mei meis you get everywhere...