Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ac_milan2000

RECOMMEND ME A BRAND/TYPE OF TIGHTS

Running was a necessity in the ancient time, it now becomes a luxury.

haha... the same goes with clothing. Last time our ancestor only needed leaves to cover, right?? :Tounge:

As a matter of fact, the greeks ran in nude for competition.

As a matter of fact, the greeks ran in nude for competition.

serious???? :cool_grin:

ahem. How to run like that. haha

Actually when I first started running, I just used normal shorts to run. For shoes, i also used the one for tennis. haha. 4 years old some more. 3-5km was fine... Until I increased the distance, i got chaffed on the upper part, bad abrasion on the lower part. Quite badly. So, no choice. It is not a joke anymore. Gotta invest a bit.

umm, I see ur pic also quite stylo. hehe. Good investment!!! I was expecting a grape leave instead :lol:

and...those evil profit-making companies have successfully marketed their stuff and created wants in us so we have lots of things to buy even though we don't need any of them lor...haha.

Cannot agree more! (: Marketing creates the need, not the product! heh.

Roonz, the one from Zoot is quite thick... It is some kind of fur if I am not wrong. haha.. Not too warm in that??? Itchy?? no???

Its actually called chamois, though thats actually a misnomer, because it's not leather.

Roonz, the one from Zoot is quite thick... It is some kind of fur if I am not wrong. haha.. Not too warm in that??? Itchy?? no???

erm...it never bothered me so i guess it's okay. the padding in the 2xu tri tights is slightly thinner (and much more comfy)

went around Paragon today after work..

went to mizuno, asics, nike and motion sports...

mizuno has nice female or male tights... 40+... (with colour trimmings)

asics has some basic tights those one color type.. no design.. which has some discounts... ard 40+, those got design ones no discount ard $60

nike also got tights.. ard $50+ ( i got a nikefit black pair, last piece 10% disc - $45) haha

motion sports has the widest range of tri tights, from pearl izumi to sugoi..ard ard 90-100++. but i didnt notice any cheap tights below 60..

=)

went around Paragon today after work..

went to mizuno, asics, nike and motion sports...

mizuno has nice female or male tights... 40+... (with colour trimmings)

asics has some basic tights those one color type.. no design.. which has some discounts... ard 40+, those got design ones no discount ard $60

nike also got tights.. ard $50+ ( i got a nikefit black pair, last piece 10% disc - $45) haha

motion sports has the widest range of tri tights, from pearl izumi to sugoi..ard ard 90-100++. but i didnt notice any cheap tights below 60..

=)

hehe John, Paragon rent there expensive leh. I seen women wearing tri top running and normal compression tights no padding. Possibly RL cheaper or penisula shopping centre ( next to funan) that shop 2nd floor facing escalator, i think its athlete's domain. I only know they sell skins.

Where in Singapore Sells SKINS?

I know most are selling 2XU tio bor?

Hi hop,

I think the shop name is athlete's domain at Penisula shopping centre ( next to funan) 2nd floor, last time they used to give 15%, now down to 10% discount from what I heard. Yeah RL & KPI sell 2XU. The rest of the shop I am not so sure.

Hi hop,

I think the shop name is athlete's domain at Penisula shopping centre ( next to funan) 2nd floor, last time they used to give 15%, now down to 10% discount from what I heard. Yeah RL & KPI sell 2XU. The rest of the shop I am not so sure.

yup the athlete's domain is giving 10%.. the one abv athlete's domain call weston is oso giving 10%.. SKINS half tights cost $98 after discount. R.P. was $108.90. Just went there on Sun during the Nike+ 10K race. Hope this helps. :lol:

Hi hop,

yup the athlete's domain is giving 10%.. the one abv athlete's domain call weston is oso giving 10%.. SKINS half tights cost $98 after discount. R.P. was $108.90. Just went there on Sun during the Nike+ 10K race. Hope this helps. :lol:

wat does R.P means? :P

retail price :lol:

hehe paiseh..

anyway when u say half tight.. u meant the shorter kinda of tights, which is halfway on ur thighs. or u just referring to the normal tights?

the one on skin website under 'sport'.. black color with yellow lining and word on left right i wonder how much ah..

hehe paiseh..

anyway when u say half tight.. u meant the shorter kinda of tights, which is halfway on ur thighs. or u just referring to the normal tights?

the one on skin website under 'sport'.. black color with yellow lining and word on left right i wonder how much ah..

u can buy skins tight frm here too

http://www.bwasog.com/sgdiscs/skins.html#

got mine frm here. good service and delivery to your doorstep the next day.

hehe paiseh..

Hi john, that one according to gilbert is now $98. They have a few colours like light blue, red and white as well as the black with yellow. For half tights up to the thighs, all same price. Go have a look, hehe you might change your mind on other colours like me, I choose the light blue.

hehe paiseh..

Hi john, that one according to gilbert is now $98. They have a few colours like light blue, red and white as well as the black with yellow. For half tights up to the thighs, all same price. Go have a look, hehe you might change your mind on other colours like me, I choose the light blue.

hey edison.. thanks for the tip man... hmmm... not sure about the brighter or other colors.. still new to wearing tights... hahaso a lil shy2 . so will stick with the modest colors for awhile.. haha.. besides i'm one of those who got thunder thighs.. black with give the 'u know' illusion.. hehe.. think i might just get in online from url Saints gave.. =)

but anyway.. u guys prefer 2xu or skins ah? i may be wrong but seems like skins sounds more 'exclusive' from the way i read the posts...

hehe paiseh..

hey edison.. thanks for the tip man... hmmm... not sure about the brighter or other colors.. still new to wearing tights... hahaso a lil shy2 . so will stick with the modest colors for awhile.. haha.. besides i'm one of those who got thunder thighs.. black with give the 'u know' illusion.. hehe.. think i might just get in online from url Saints gave.. =)

but anyway.. u guys prefer 2xu or skins ah? i may be wrong but seems like skins sounds more 'exclusive' from the way i read the posts...

hi john

to each his own. i never try 2xu b4. tried skins cuz it was highly recommended. Frankly, if you are looking at tight,

there are many types. Even brands like zoot are good. at the end of the day, wat is ur budget? Skins and 2xu are compression tights. if u looking for normal tights for running, new balance/mizuno/nike are sufficient.

i used compression tights as i have thunder thighs n when i run u noe... at the same time, when i run beyond 10km, it assists me in my recovery for legs. not as sore as it would be when wearing normal rights

hehe paiseh..

haha pai seh john i now then saw ur post.. er.. the on i talking abt is the length of normal tights tat 1 that stop half way on ur thigh should be call shorts liao.. btw i oso order from the joel guy from the URL saint give.. he sells slightly cheaper ya.. give him a call or a sms ba he will respond straight away( in my case yes) i used to email him but he nv reply.. haha.. hope this helps..

ahaha actually hor i buy SKINS cox its cheaper(typical singaporean sia i).. try it first then if got budget then purchase 2XU c how.. haha.. :lol:

Hi john, not a problem. Personally I got 3 tights, skins,2XU and new balance tights inside and shorts outside. Skins and 2XU are compression. Personally I like the fit of 2XU the best. Skins are ok, the wrap is very good. Most of the time, after workout I use it more for recovery after a long run. I also do take it for a run. The New balance one, just a little too loose to my liking. I like the pocket and feels cooling when wearing it, hehe feels like a skirt! I bought it because of the side pocket, comes in useful when I don't need the fuel belt. I think the 2XU was the one first with the all around stretch material and it fits perfectly. New balance try to emulate it, but not there yet. My thigh not that small either.

Since its your first time getting compression tights, my take is that you will have a tendency to go for the 2XU because of the material and fit. Do try it out in the fitting room and compare.

hi edison, jus wanna ask how do i kn whether the SKINS size fits me correctly? Should i be feeling real "tight"? i really dun kn hw to guage whether it is of correct size.. haha.. :unsure:^_^

hi edison, jus wanna ask how do i kn whether the SKINS size fits me correctly? Should i be feeling real "tight"? i really dun kn hw to guage whether it is of correct size.. haha.. :unsure:^_^

gilbert, basically you must feel freedom in your movement. The material shouldn't stretch too much. You shouldn't feel pain or anything more than mild tightness, after all it is compression tights, it has to be able to "regulate" the tightness, unlike normal tights. For me, I am borderline a medium size, but I choose small instead. Basically, you should be able to do your activities normally and not focus on the tight wearing you down. I don't really know how to describe, sorry. The fit wise, 2XU i give it a 9/10, skins a 7/10 because of the slight extra wrapping feel, maybe it prove useful.

gilbert, basically you must feel freedom in your movement. The material shouldn't stretch too much. You shouldn't feel pain or anything more than mild tightness, after all it is compression tights, it has to be able to "regulate" the tightness, unlike normal tights. For me, I am borderline a medium size, but I choose small instead. Basically, you should be able to do your activities normally and not focus on the tight wearing you down. I don't really know how to describe, sorry. The fit wise, 2XU i give it a 9/10, skins a 7/10 because of the slight extra wrapping feel, maybe it prove useful.

according to the SKINS information of choosing tights rite(apparently theres this size chart), i fall on the borderline of M as well and it recommends me to take a size smaller if it falls on a borderline.. alrighty i guess ill hv to try it out n gauge for myself thanks alot edison! :lol: