Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ac_milan2000

RECOMMEND ME A BRAND/TYPE OF TIGHTS

Erm..I think KPI has PI tights at discount recently, I got mine there for 59. Unable to compare to other brands due to lack of experience and no padding at you know where area. zipper at the back where you can put keys and $ also.

The PI Tights you got are the normal running tights or the compression ones? Compression ones got sales??

I think it's the splice model but not sure whether there compression since its a bit loose compared to being tighter when I tried the display piece. Was told there is though by the shop, you may wish to check it out online and go there to try it out.

Hi all... i know this thread is rather old.. but anyway since this thread is about tights.. let me just post here..

I want to get a gud pair of tights..budget 50-60..

went to RL.. saw that most of the tights has this cushion padding on the erm erm u know area.. at the crotch there..

is that kinda meant for those who bike.. like those who those triathlon?

Anyone one of u here bought those kinds just for running purposes? how does it feel? does it disturb u while running etc? uncomfortable? etc..

any replies appreciate. thx!

yup those with the paddin at "u now where" are for tri pants. For running so far the 2xu compression tights would be a good choice, though a bit exp. Perhaps like many sifus here recommended, the NB one should suffice. Alternatively someone posted b4 another cheap alternative would be using swimming tight like the TYR and the likes. but so far personally haven try it out. :)

yah the 2xu too exp for me lah.. anyone been to Novena NB? they got sell tights there not ah?

Erm..I think KPI has PI tights at discount recently, I got mine there for 59. Unable to compare to other brands due to lack of experience and no padding at you know where area. zipper at the back where you can put keys and $ also.

Yo dude.. =) sorry abit noob here.. erm KPI or PI is a short form is it or.. wat brand does it stands for arh, paiseh? hehe.. where is the shop located ah? hehe..

yah the 2xu too exp for me lah.. anyone been to Novena NB? they got sell tights there not ah?

nope. No tights at Novena NB. Only few for ladies.

nope. No tights at Novena NB. Only few for ladies.

I bought one there early this year, grey colour outside shorts with side pocket, inside tights type there. Non compression.

KPI in full is key power international.

Yo dude.. =) sorry abit noob here.. erm KPI or PI is a short form is it or.. wat brand does it stands for arh, paiseh? hehe.. where is the shop located ah? hehe..

KPI = Key Power International. Its the name of a retailer in the East. Go google them and you should be able to find them.

PI = Pearl Izumi. Its the name of a brand of apparel. KPI is their local distributor.

Hope this helps!

huh?? really?? I just went there last sat with some frens to check out the tights.

La senza, sorry I think your info more accurate. Mine is a few months ago and its the outside long shorts type. Maybe they stopped selling that.

huh?? really?? I just went there last sat with some frens to check out the tights.

La senza, sorry I think your info more accurate. Mine is a few months ago and its the outside long shorts type. Maybe they stopped selling that.

Saw the gray short with tights you describe, but at the Adidas Factory Outlet in Novena Square, gray cotton shorts with side pockets and an internal black tights.

If your budget is $50, can try the Nike Running Tights, if you get at Queensway got discount.

Key Power International

282 Changi Road (Near Eunos MRT)

- never been here before.. its a shop? or more like dealer office ah?..went to 2xu website; the 2Xu running tights looks gud.. might invest in one haha..

skn16

The Nike running tights looks gud too.. and at a discount.. shall check it out.. thx! hope got sizes..

Key Power International

- never been here before.. its a shop? or more like dealer office ah?..went to 2xu website; the 2Xu running tights looks gud.. might invest in one haha..

It's a small shop within walking dist from eunos mrt...

Key Power International

It's a small shop within walking dist from eunos mrt...

My reivews based on personal usage :

ZOOT :

2 types- one for triathlon.

Good for tri and run- 21 km to 42 km runs( but must apply vaseline on body areas where abrasion will occurs ).Comes with side pockets.Running type only-maybe available/maybe not. Good quality.Mine 3 yrs liao...Compression band still good.

VERDICT :

Quality-VERY GOOD.

COMPRESSION TYPE.

No inner liner.

OVERALL 9/10

SUGOI : Verdict : VERY GOOD.No inner liner.With hip pockets OVERALL 9/10

PEARL IZUMI : Quality-VERY GOOD.With inner liner.Compression type.OVERALL : 9/10.

NEW BALANCE : Normal type.No compression.OVERALL : 6/10

ZOOT :

Good for tri and run- 21 km to 42 km runs( but must apply vaseline on body areas where abrasion will occurs ).Comes with side pockets.Running type only-maybe available/maybe not. Good quality.Mine 3 yrs liao...Compression band still good.

VERDICT :

Quality-VERY GOOD.

COMPRESSION TYPE.

No inner liner.

OVERALL 9/10

Mike,

Why we have to apply vaseline when using the zoot tights???

I've checked at RL. No Zoot ultra for men. Where to buy it??

Any good place to buy Zoot tights?

Is it comfortable to run in tri tights??? I mean for long distance.

La senza, you using full tights?

I like to add pearl izumi tights have to fold up one fold outward because the liner at the bottom may be a little uncomfortable for some. Price compression tights shorts is around $70.

Mike, how are the prices for sugoi and zoot?

ZOOT :

VERDICT :

Quality-VERY GOOD.

COMPRESSION TYPE.

No inner liner.

OVERALL 9/10

Mike,

Why we have to apply vaseline when using the zoot tights???

I've checked at RL. No Zoot ultra for men. Where to buy it??

Any good place to buy Zoot tights?

Is it comfortable to run in tri tights??? I mean for long distance.

Saw some zoot trisuit at athelete circle week before last.

I like to add pearl izumi tights have to fold up one fold outward because the liner at the bottom may be a little uncomfortable for some. Price compression tights shorts is around $70.

I don't like tights :Big Grin: . Tights are not for fat legs like me. hhahaha. I wore at AHM, and Mr. Jin asked me out loud at the SGrunners meeting: hey, u put on weight right . <_< . Asking for a guy fren only. hehe..

wow... the PI tights pricing looks good. Where u buy it??? I check the 2XU at RL selling at almost 200 for full, and 123 for half.

I don't like tights :Big Grin: . Tights are not for fat legs like me. hhahaha. I wore at AHM, and Mr. Jin asked me out loud at the SGrunners meeting: hey, u put on weight right . <_< . Asking for a guy fren only. hehe..

wow... the PI tights pricing looks good. Where u buy it??? I check the 2XU at RL selling at almost 200 for full, and 123 for half.

The shop at changi road, key power international. Their selection quite a lot now, when i went on friday. 2XU, I think can get around $90-$100 for the half, they are cheaper than RL. Pretty friendly sales people. Do take note, the price tag they put is before discount or rrp, i think don't need to ask, they give some discount.

The shop at changi road, key power international. Their selection quite a lot now, when i went on friday. 2XU, I think can get around $90-$100 for the half, they are cheaper than RL. Pretty friendly sales people. Do take note, the price tag they put is before discount or rrp, i think don't need to ask, they give some discount.

ohh... thanks a lot, Edison :). Will pass the contact to my fren.

I have no idea how it is like to wear a tight to run as a guy, and my fren ask me to recommend one :D .

ohh... thanks a lot, Edison :). Will pass the contact to my fren.

I have no idea how it is like to wear a tight to run as a guy, and my fren ask me to recommend one :D .

My pleasure. I only bought the 2XU and skins for compression tights. I prefer 2XU because of the perfect stretch, personal preference. Skins is good too, I decide to buy skins because of the wide colour selection, I bought the blue, if not most of my outfit will be black for the shorts. hehe my leg is also quite fat. It helps to cover up a bit the tights and feel more of the compression.

Earlier I mention the pearl izumi tights, I only tried in the fitting room together with the 2XU.

Let your friend know the shop is close on sunday. Mon - Fri 10am-6pm, sat 11am-5pm.

My pleasure. I only bought the 2XU and skins for compression tights. I prefer 2XU because of the perfect stretch, personal preference. Skins is good too, I decide to buy skins because of the wide colour selection, I bought the blue, if not most of my outfit will be black for the shorts. hehe my leg is also quite fat. It helps to cover up a bit the tights and feel more of the compression.

Earlier I mention the pearl izumi tights, I only tried in the fitting room together with the 2XU.

Let your friend know the shop is close on sunday. Mon - Fri 10am-6pm, sat 11am-5pm.

thank you so much... it has been a great help!!

L_S

You can also try SKIN, IMHO I tink it's could good for running.

Do they have SKINS at RL??? since wanna try before buying...

Dun tink RL got it, I got it from a guy call joe.

Dun tink RL got it, I got it from a guy call joe.

LS: Tried Zoot's at RL (short version). Quite comfortable though.

LS: Tried Zoot's at RL (short version). Quite comfortable though.

Hi Jac,

I am looking around for guy tights. They do not have running tights for guys... :)

U use before???? :).