Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ac_milan2000

RECOMMEND ME A BRAND/TYPE OF TIGHTS

the SCSM race expo lah. I dont recall CWX having a distributor here but you probably might be able to see a Skins Booth, its been a year since the distributor rights have been bought into Singapore liao.

Meaning that they can sell Skins in Singapore, but have not done so?

Have to seen Skins ard yet....

So far I have only seen Skins Tights

in a shop in Peninsula Hotel...

It should on sale in that shop which is located beside the

escalator on level 2.

Oni tried NB n Zoot tights before... Zoot is good la... Haha

got pockets even for their tri series.. Den again its nt very kind on e pocket

New Balance offer a cheaper alternative i suppose..

Not bad n quite worth it for its cheaper price..

Heard gd stuff abt nike n mizuno tights though i haven tried either

Ultimate would be compression tights lik philip mentioned

Albeit that would come at a higher cost also. Happy shopping!

ewww......zoot tights cause me balls abrasion.

cfred are you going to the expo? im not going...clashed with my exams......if you going help me see if can find any cw-x.... i lovvvve them...wanna get.... if cannot find...my uncle going US, maybe ask him help me...ai mai?

har is there an expo selling sporting / running gears??? :/

All I knew is that PI (Pearl Izumi) will have a booth there. Hear that the PI running tights is good. Heard only lah. ummmm....

hey get 2x-u........i want i want!!!!!

o ya...to all people out there....sbrsports, try google it...got crazy discounts.....but only tri version and mostly s sizes.....

cfred are you going to the expo? im not going...clashed with my exams......if you going help me see if can find any cw-x.... i lovvvve them...wanna get.... if cannot find...my uncle going US, maybe ask him help me...ai mai?

I suppose I can talk about CWX more than anyone else as I owned quite a few pairs.

But I would like to share my side of story...... 3 out "XX" CWX that I owned have given way within 3 months of intensive training, meaning the inner portion of the tights just torn up during the run. It may be better to own a pair of Sugoi running tights from Running Lap (It costs about S$78?). I wore it for MR35km and also this morning demoralising run at Changi Coastal run. I now owned a few pairs of the same design and find it quite equivalent to CWX and come with 2 handy pockets behind. Mainly come in black color or with green line at the side of the tights.

You cannot buy CWX in Singapore. Even though I may have contacts for shipment, I stop buying it. But true enough, it is cheaper to own one now as the exchange rate has fallen greatly. It was 1.55 Vs 1.44 level.

the SCSM race expo lah. I dont recall CWX having a distributor here but you probably might be able to see a Skins Booth, its been a year since the distributor rights have been bought into Singapore liao.

Wat a waste... Buying distribution rights and then not making full use of it...

Wat a waste... Buying distribution rights and then not making full use of it...

nah, that company aint focusing on Skins, they are the main distributor of another well-established sports brand for other sports. When they brought in the garments a year back, it was offered to Team Singapore athletes leaving for Doha Asia Games as well as the staff from my working division.

Yo Philip, are you using Skins?

nope cant afford those, dont really intend to get them, normal tights are good enough.

nope cant afford those, dont really intend to get them, normal tights are good enough.

What is your size?

What is your size?

For skins I dont know, i never go thru their measurement chart, their catelogue is stuck somewhere among my lecture notes :P

Im using S size for typical Mizuno tights.

Ultra shifu, you have contact for skins?

woah......cw-x is really so tramatising mentally and monetary? i have sugoi tights.i agree its super duper lasting. i guess probably its thicker than the rest of the tights.

you have skins? how you feel about it?

woah......cw-x is really so tramatising mentally and monetary? i have sugoi tights.i agree its super duper lasting. i guess probably its thicker than the rest of the tights.

i also use CWX too... but i dun have the same problem as ultra sifu leh... :tongue_smilie:

all these while ive been using a budget, no quality tights...

i bout at a market near yishun, chong pang, for jus $5...

wat do u think of me using that?

it tore the first time i use them. i did some strecthing after training, and the tights split...

then i got to sew it back together...

so thats y i wan to buy a new tights dei!!! :Black Eye:

anyway thanks for your great and helpful replies to my topic...

really appreciate it...

it tore the first time i use them. i did some strecthing after training, and the tights split...

really appreciate it...

I guess as with most things, you get what you pay for.....up to a point! I have a few different brands costing between $20-$40, but non of the super-duper ex ones. I have found NB, Reebok and Mizuno to be adequate for my use, and have lasted me ok so far. At the end of the day, perhaps the getting the right fit and cut is more important than the brand?

Cheers

i also use CWX too... but i dun have the same problem as ultra sifu leh... :tongue_smilie:

At one stage I was wearing it everyday during the training. To play safe, I would not wear it for SCM2007 ^_^ Maybe I have turned into an incredible HULK during the run and not knowing it? :/

Ripley, I thought you also owned SKINS? What do you think about this, better than CWX? I know Shortlegs would swear for it from Australia?

ICP, I have yet to own SKINS. But the current Sugoi is a much better and lasting one. The quality is superb.

For me,

I used Zoots Ultra tights. Have used it for 2 major marathons (KL & Penang). Very comfortable in then. I used it for long distance run. I weared it during the NBRR.

I also used Saucony tights however the material is thin as compare to Nike tights. For Nike tights, it is warm. There is no elastic band on the lower tights on the Saucony tights. Have to pull it down a few time during run. Maybe loose. Can use for short run like 5 - 10km

Recently I also used NB tights (the one with a padding. The padding is very soft). Got 40% discount on it when I bought 2 months ago.

Of all the three, I like Zoots Ultra tights. It pushes the sweat out and you don't know where the sweat goes to. Don't need to squeeze the sweat after run.

If you have the money, invest in Zoots Ultra tights.

Cheers !

Kayano

For me,

I used Zoots Ultra tights. Have used it for 2 major marathons (KL & Penang). Very comfortable in then. I used it for long distance run. I weared it during the NBRR.

I also used Saucony tights however the material is thin as compare to Nike tights. For Nike tights, it is warm. There is no elastic band on the lower tights on the Saucony tights. Have to pull it down a few time during run. Maybe loose. Can use for short run like 5 - 10km

Recently I also used NB tights (the one with a padding. The padding is very soft). Got 40% discount on it when I bought 2 months ago.

Of all the three, I like Zoots Ultra tights. It pushes the sweat out and you don't know where the sweat goes to. Don't need to squeeze the sweat after run.

Cheers !

Kayano

Yo Kayano, are your tights the "colorful" type or black in colour?

For me,

Cheers !

Kayano

yes i agree zoots ultra tights is the best i have wore. and it is so much more durable, worth the money...

really appreciate it...

yea no need to go for expensive branded stuff since your not working yet, i have a pair of desoto triathlon tights size M to give away. msg me if you interested,

regards

really appreciate it...

yea no need to go for expensive branded stuff since your not working yet, i have a pair of desoto triathlon tights size M to give away. msg me if you interested,

regards

Babu is right. Importantly it's the comfort level and value add that count.

har is there an expo selling sporting / running gears??? :/

All I knew is that PI (Pearl Izumi) will have a booth there. Hear that the PI running tights is good. Heard only lah. ummmm....

I only had PI tri tights which is quite good ...

P.S Admin, can help to remove the additional post ? Thanks (pressed enter too fast)

Hi all... i know this thread is rather old.. but anyway since this thread is about tights.. let me just post here..

I want to get a gud pair of tights..budget 50-60..

went to RL.. saw that most of the tights has this cushion padding on the erm erm u know area.. at the crotch there..

is that kinda meant for those who bike.. like those who those triathlon?

Anyone one of u here bought those kinds just for running purposes? how does it feel? does it disturb u while running etc? uncomfortable? etc..

any replies appreciate. thx!

Erm..I think KPI has PI tights at discount recently, I got mine there for 59. Unable to compare to other brands due to lack of experience and no padding at you know where area. zipper at the back where you can put keys and $ also.

Erm..I think KPI has PI tights at discount recently, I got mine there for 59. Unable to compare to other brands due to lack of experience and no padding at you know where area. zipper at the back where you can put keys and $ also.

The PI Tights you got are the normal running tights or the compression ones? Compression ones got sales??

Hi all... i know this thread is rather old.. but anyway since this thread is about tights.. let me just post here..

I want to get a gud pair of tights..budget 50-60..

went to RL.. saw that most of the tights has this cushion padding on the erm erm u know area.. at the crotch there..

is that kinda meant for those who bike.. like those who those triathlon?

Anyone one of u here bought those kinds just for running purposes? how does it feel? does it disturb u while running etc? uncomfortable? etc..

any replies appreciate. thx!

yup those with the paddin at "u now where" are for tri pants. For running so far the 2xu compression tights would be a good choice, though a bit exp. Perhaps like many sifus here recommended, the NB one should suffice. Alternatively someone posted b4 another cheap alternative would be using swimming tight like the TYR and the likes. but so far personally haven try it out. :)