Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Half timer

Xiamen International Marathon 2008

Web site : http://www.xmim.org/en/

Time & Venue:

Time: 8:00a.m., Saturday, January 5th, 2008

Events :

Both men's and women's Marathon (42.195km), Half Marathon (21.0975km), 10km race and 5km race.

Registration Time:

On-line registration opens during October 8, 2008 to December 16, 2007. The entry will be stop, when the entry limit is met.

Registration Charges:

Overseas entries: USD 20.00 per person.

Overtime registration: Overseas entries: USD40.00 per person.

Gate closing time:

5km 10km Half marathon 30km 35km Marathon

1 hour 1.5 hours 3 hours 4 hours 5 hours 6 hours

An electronic timing system will be used for recording results. All participants are required to wear a timing chip, which will be distributed upon a deposit of RMB 100. Deposits are refundable when chips are returned after the race at the Cloakroom.

Finishers of Marathon will receive a certificate at the competition secretariat upon the presentation of number bibs one hour after the race finishes.

Finishers of Half Marathon, 10km Race and 5km Race within gate closing time are requested to fill out the certificates with the finishing time of ones own shown on the calculagraph at the Finish.

Half timer, you thinking of doing this one too? this is a very good race... mostly a flat and fast course... unfortunately, it rained in 2006 and i believe in 2007 (saw the pics in distance running e-magazine and the floor was wet)... maybe that's the reason why the shifted it from mar to jan... the event is worth every $ you paid... besides getting your finishing certificate on the day itself after the race (you have to queue a bit), you also get an event tee... after the marathon, runners also received a huge bath towel... i used the bath towel to cover myself after completing the run in 2006 as i was still soaked in the rain water... :tongue_smilie:

p.s. just to add that xiamen's has about the same (or slightly lower but not much) humidity... although the weather is cooler than in singapore... i think about 22 deg celsius... :)

Registration Time:

On-line registration opens during October 8, 2008 to December 16, 2007. The entry will be stop, when the entry limit is met.

An interesting mistake :D

:Hypnotized: Whoa, jodan. you are really observant, man. :im Not Worthy:

Registration Time:

You're sharp to notice the typo error. Hmm. I'm thinking of informing the event orgainizer and hopefuuly get a discounted fee or complimentary entry.. :Big Grin:

Half timer, you thinking of doing this one too? this is a very good race... mostly a flat and fast course... unfortunately, it rained in 2006 and i believe in 2007 (saw the pics in distance running e-magazine and the floor was wet)... maybe that's the reason why the shifted it from mar to jan... the event is worth every $ you paid... besides getting your finishing certificate on the day itself after the race (you have to queue a bit), you also get an event tee... after the marathon, runners also received a huge bath towel... i used the bath towel to cover myself after completing the run in 2006 as i was still soaked in the rain water... :tongue_smilie:

p.s. just to add that xiamen's has about the same (or slightly lower but not much) humidity... although the weather is cooler than in singapore... i think about 22 deg celsius... :)

Thanks for the insights. Ya, the entry fee is so attractive. It would be fun to be in the midst of the "Hokkien" platoon. :tongue_smilie: I shall consider it.

Thanks for the info.

P.S Does anyone know the races that will be happening in 2008 ? Do let me know as I am planning for my 2008 racing calendar

Thanks for the info.

P.S Does anyone know the races that will be happening in 2008 ? Do let me know as I am planning for my 2008 racing calendar

Me too. Planning for year 2008 marathons.

Thanks for the insights. Ya, the entry fee is so attractive. It would be fun to be in the midst of the "Hokkien" platoon. :tongue_smilie: I shall consider it.

:) cool... oh yes... one thing i forgotten to mention is that they only serve water along the course... no sports drink... no fruits... but the locals are extremely friendly... they hand out bread and other stuff for the runners... :tongue_smilie: i remembered i was so in need of a sports drink that i asked one of them if he can give me drink (there was not convenient shop along the way although i was contemplating of buying coke at macdonald)... he gave me his entire bottle of livita... :Big Grin: another lady give me 2 x salt tablets at the 30-something km marker... :smilie_daumen1:

but that's in 2006... it may have changed / improved in 2007 or for 2008...

Thanks for the info.

Me too. Planning for year 2008 marathons.

what kind of races are you considering? running events? local overseas? if so, you can check out the "overseas competition"... there are 2 pinned topics up there to check for more info... or you could click the url below...

http://sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4171

http://sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5382

Registration Time:

You're sharp to notice the typo error. Hmm. I'm thinking of informing the event orgainizer and hopefuuly get a discounted fee or complimentary entry.. :Big Grin:

Hehe, somehow the numbers are shouting out to be noticed. :D

Half timer, good luck! :)

I will join again in 2008 just the half . Theroute is very good and crowds as usual very friendly . This year it rained for a few minutes before the sun came out . The main problem was not the wet roads but the temperature suddenly went up to alomst 30 and by halfway through the marathon the combination of humidity and heat took a toll on several runners . This was the main reason for moving away from end of march/begining of April . The January run will be much cooler for the whole race which along with the flat course will make for very competitive fast times .

I will join again in 2008 just the half . Theroute is very good and crowds as usual very friendly . This year it rained for a few minutes before the sun came out . The main problem was not the wet roads but the temperature suddenly went up to alomst 30 and by halfway through the marathon the combination of humidity and heat took a toll on several runners . This was the main reason for moving away from end of march/begining of April . The January run will be much cooler for the whole race which along with the flat course will make for very competitive fast times .

Just got home after running the Xiamen Half Marathon . It was a good run , temperature was just right 11-14 degrees and very dry . Plenty to drink along the route both water and sports drinks were supplied . The course was slightly different to last year and actually more interesting as it ran through the old town centre . As usual thousands of spectators cheering everyone along .

Nice finishers medal and a T shirt . Think I will go for the full marathon next year if it stays at this time of the year . Anyone else run ?

Just got home after running the Xiamen Half Marathon . It was a good run , temperature was just right 11-14 degrees and very dry . Plenty to drink along the route both water and sports drinks were supplied . The course was slightly different to last year and actually more interesting as it ran through the old town centre . As usual thousands of spectators cheering everyone along .

Nice finishers medal and a T shirt . Think I will go for the full marathon next year if it stays at this time of the year . Anyone else run ?

well done :cheers:

:cheers: congrats to you, mikec...

seems like the organisation of the xiamen marathon has improved... when i did it in 2006, they only served plain water... :)

hi mikec, your FR made me want to do it next year.

well done.

I did the half too. This is the first event that I've taken part where there are cheering supporters lining the whole route from start to finish. Coincidentally, at around 12k I saw the leading marathoners runners coming back. The applause they got was so loud that it would have been easy for them to mistakenly think they were approaching the finish line.

Even though the race categories were segregated with different starting lines it was still a massive crowd as all the categories started at the same tiime. It took me nearly 24 mins to reach the 2k point. I'm not sure if the 'sports drink' is the real thing - tasted only like light syrup water water to me.

Even though the race categories were segregated with different starting lines it was still a massive crowd as all the categories started at the same tiime. It took me nearly 24 mins to reach the 2k point. I'm not sure if the 'sports drink' is the real thing - tasted only like light syrup water water to me.

yes it took me ten minutes to complete the first km but after that it was ok . The trick is to get there early and start near the front then be prepareed to weave through the crowd . As soon as I reached teh dual carraigeway it was ok .

for the drink I think you will find it was the "blue" coloured gatorade which is quite popular in china . I prefer the clear grapefruit flavour as it does not seem to be so sweet . I was drinking the same "blue" gatorade at a 36k race this morning and by the end of the run the whole mouth feels sticky . A quick mouthful of coca cola is the only way I can find to wash the taste away.

mikec and seniorvet ... great FR

i'm sure both you had veri enjoyable race ... but the starting 1km to 2km must be some form of new challenge ???

now i'm all kind of itchy for xiamen 2009 :Straight Face:

now i'm all kind of itchy for xiamen 2009 :Straight Face:

Xiamen was my first ever marathon back in 2004. I strongly recommend the race. Favourable weather, scenic (sea & city views), and fast course (mostly flat, a bit of rolling hills).

But the best part is the crowd support (same with all marathons in China). You will never see an empty space on the roadside and the crowd will clap their hands and encourage you everytime you run near them.

Xiamen was my first ever marathon back in 2004. I strongly recommend the race. Favourable weather, scenic (sea & city views), and fast course (mostly flat, a bit of rolling hills).

But the best part is the crowd support (same with all marathons in China). You will never see an empty space on the roadside and the crowd will clap their hands and encourage you everytime you run near them.

sling - now you hav juz made me all over itchy !!! hehehehe :Smug:

if u want spectators throughout the whole route, i suggest u try New York City Marathon.

Even with all the spectators holding hands, it will do a few loops of 42km. :Batting Eyelashes:

sling - now you hav juz made me all over itchy !!! hehehehe :Smug:

Prata... I am keen in Xiamen also.. wanted to do it in March.. but they changed the date to Jan :sad: Next Year.. THE PRATA RUNNERS go together, okie!!! ^_^

Prata... I am keen in Xiamen also.. wanted to do it in March.. but they changed the date to Jan :sad: Next Year.. THE PRATA RUNNERS go together, okie!!! ^_^

aaaaaaahahaha - chiak laat ... the itch getting veri intense liow :w00t: