Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

philip

Chi Running

Hi all

Just checking with those who swear by this as well, by merely reading up and practise DIY, is it sufficient to do chi running?

I saw many websites in the west where there are certified chi running trainers..(not that I have heard of here) Is this like yoga where you need instuctors to actually guide you along?

I find that reading the book, and just picking 1 or 2 points out from it will pay immense dividends... well worth the $$, especially now there's a discount on the book (I heard) :smilie_daumen1:

Hi all

Just checking with those who swear by this as well, by merely reading up and practise DIY, is it sufficient to do chi running?

I saw many websites in the west where there are certified chi running trainers..(not that I have heard of here) Is this like yoga where you need instuctors to actually guide you along?

When you have the right foundation, right stamina etc…..all style goes...

Chi running is nothing more than an economical run in short. The runners are very relaxed and run according to what the body can offer with 10-20% energy saving for the same run.

Hi Dreamrunner and Ultraman,

Thanks for the replies. :)

I am never sure if i do chi running correct though but I guess it is all about trial and error.(self discovery) B)

it's more than relaxing. it's to attune the body to the proper position and pose to propel forward in most optimal manner. like pose running or ken mierke's evolution running.

I am never sure if i do chi running correct though but I guess it is all about trial and error.(self discovery)  B)

you r welcome, zenpoet

getting the book and reading it will ensure u r already halfway there... I am still reading the book 1 year on :cool_grin:

I am never sure if i do chi running correct though but I guess it is all about trial and error.(self discovery)  B)

Frankly speaking, none of us are professional runner and the “expertise” opinion is limited. We can only share based on our best known experiences and may not be representative or the only method. Nevertheless, through such an exchange of ideas, hopefully it helps to make one a better runner in “theory” and "practical". :)

Cheers.

Ultra

Chi running can also reduce injury which was why I am so interested. I read the book about this and I have also witness the floating ghost doing it. He was the sub 3 hour marathoner..... ya....really relaxing and fast and effortless. That is the way I would describe it..

Chi running can also reduce injury which was why I am so interested. I read the book about this and I have also witness the floating ghost doing it. He was the sub 3 hour marathoner..... ya....really relaxing and fast and effortless. That is the way I would describe it..

who's this floating ghost? souunds like one fleeting soul :P

who's this floating ghost? souunds like one fleeting soul :P

Nothing to do wiTh the Seventh Month leh..... jusT a Guy not LocaLLy who has a Clean Shaven Head. :)

Trust me......its not that easy to be a Chi runner without a firm and strong foundation in running....its never an overnight affair....took me 3 years to figure it and I am still figuring it :P:)

Ultra

Trust me......its not that easy to be a Chi runner without a firm and strong foundation in running....its never an overnight affair....took me 3 years to figure it and I am still figuring it  :P  :)

Ultra

i;m still trying to figure it out too...i think it'll be very helpful, esp since it gets the body into a more efficient, energy-conserving mode...

Just read finish 'chi' running book as I bought one for myself also. But will be constantly reading to refresh ...

Anyone going for the runners day workshop?

Feel like going but abit ex ..

Just read finish 'chi' running book as I bought one for myself also. But will be constantly reading to refresh ...

Anyone going for the runners day workshop?

Feel like going but abit ex ..

It is too expensive. No point jump into an "advance" level when the basic is not yet stable. Make sure you can master a marathon reasonably well before you try the chi run technique as it shall be more value added and works well for longer distance than a short one. It is not easy to master “chi” without a strong base.

Cheers.

Ultra

If you got the dough, you shld go.

No point running miles & miles "incorrectly".

Fix the problem when it's small & not too ingrained into your running style, imho.

I have PF with both my foot last year. Although I have recovered and slowly increasing my running distance, I am still concered that I encounter the problem again when my distance increase furthur. Is Chi running the answer to my problem? Will it help to prevent PF?

I have PF with both my foot last year. Although I have recovered and slowly increasing my running distance, I am still concered that I encounter the problem again when my distance increase furthur. Is Chi running the answer to my problem? Will it help to prevent PF?

Yes it will......

"ChiRunning helps reduce or eliminate injury and pain such as: knee pain, hip pain, IT Band Syndrome (ITB), hamstring pulls, Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, soreness and fatigue. Conditioning your mind is just as important as conditioning your body".

Ultra

ChiRunning certainly helps to relieve plantar fasciitis. Being a high arch person who tends to push off from the ball and toes of my feet, I am also suffering from it. So far, it has been a relieve to me after applying some of the principles of ChiRunning. Basically, stop pushing off from the ball and toes of my feet. Instead, lift my feet and place it just behind the center of gravity of my whole body in motion. And, my body has to be slightly tilted forward to put the center of gravity in front of my legs.

ChiRunning certainly helps to relieve plantar fasciitis ..............

Thanks.

Another question. Is it easy to pick up chi running from books or should I pay $300 to attend the runners day chi running workshop and listen from the horse mouth?

Thanks.

Another question. Is it easy to pick up chi running from books or should I pay $300 to attend the runners day chi running workshop and listen from the horse mouth?

i would suggest u get the book then see whether can u really apply the technique. if u able to grasp the concept then $300 no need to attend already.

of course if u have $300 to spare, then by all means go ahead as it will benefits much more and of course he can correct ur incorrect running postures at the spot.

last time i run, keep having PF too. now I make it a point to land with the mid of my foot whenever I can remember.

Yes it will......

"ChiRunning helps reduce or eliminate injury and pain such as: knee pain, hip pain, IT Band Syndrome (ITB), hamstring pulls, Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, soreness and fatigue. Conditioning your mind is just as important as conditioning your body".

Ultra

Ultra Sifu... My Shwe CWX tight is suppose to do all those as well..hahaa... :P got to get back to work... oo

Ultra Sifu... My Shwe CWX tight is suppose to do all those as well..hahaa...  :P   got to get back to work...  oo

DO sifu, cool one.....must show us how it works! :smilie_daumen1:

Thanks.

i think everybody will be able to learn some and apply some concepts of chirunning, but those will be piece-meal implementations, the full training should be pretty worth it if you can part with $300 AND practice accordingly after the training