Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

i-Run @ Singapore River Promenade

it can be used as a quick midweek tempo run too! I can attest dat e pace upfront can be pretty fast!

Cfred.. True, there are some very fast I-Run runners like that chap chionging from start at sub 5 min pace and he maintained that pace for full 5km .. ^_^ But, what i admire about some of I-Runners .. is not how fast they are.. their Determination to keep Fit and to lead a Active n Healthy lifestyle . Some of them used to be breathless even just climbing a few flights of Stairs, Now they are running 5 or 7km with easy n with broad smile on their faces!! I-Run is a good social run where runners encourage, motivate n cheer each other .. we become Friends.. we become Good Running Kakis.. hahaha.. we become Running Gears Shopping Buddies.. :lol:

anyway this is an initiative by HPB and not some running clubs...

to encourage more healthy lifestyle...

so distance of 3/5/7 km is good...

it would encourage casual runners to run more regularly... furthermore, there is free 100+ provided after the run.

There is a diff between competitive training and healthy life style fitness training. If the aim is to keep fit, an average of 3-8km run a few time weekly is more than enough. Beside this, healthy lifestyle is not just exercise alone, eat wisely with nil or minimum sinful meal would be added bonuses.

Example 1: a group of regular runners who did about 8-10km jog daily yet smoke one packet daily thinking that they can still smoke as they have exercise regularly.

Example 2: Some runners would always rush for sinful choice of food such as Laksa, Pig Innards Soup, Fried Kway Teow etc for breakfast, lunch or dinner as they felt that they have exercised enough to deserve a good feast, so it’s ok to eat what they like.

Healthy lifestyle is not just about exercise, it’s more than that….

Therefore, in my opinion, a regular exercise + healthy food intake + healthy attitude = healthy lifestyle (as the basic starter).

Ultra

I'm inclined to think that men tend to train for competitive runs which are usually longer than the longest i-run distance whereas more ladies aim for cardio exercise for body sculpture which is sufficiently met by slow and short run.

Female should not do too excessive an exercise like a guy for too long a period of time not because of discrimination but because of biological reason. Adequate exercise is the key word and they would achieve far better result than marathon distance. In fact a female jogger is wise enough to maintain at 3-8km/per run and not beyond, hence a healthy exercise and lifestyle. Unless a runner (be it male or female) is aiming for higher self esteem and actualization in marathon or ultra marathon. Ultimately, everything is on credit, and will pay back + interest eventually.

I-run is a successful way to encourage/attract more female runners to participate. I would strongly encourage both sexes to join in this run if they can afford the time under the good hand of the lead runners.

Cheers.

Ultra

it would encourage casual runners to run more regularly... furthermore, there is free 100+ provided after the run.

There is a diff between competitive training and healthy life style fitness training. If the aim is to keep fit, an average of 3-8km run a few time weekly is more than enough. Beside this, healthy lifestyle is not just exercise alone, eat wisely with nil or minimum sinful meal would be added bonuses.

Example 1: a group of regular runners who did about 8-10km jog daily yet smoke one packet daily thinking that they can still smoke as they have exercise regularly.

Example 2: Some runners would always rush for sinful choice of food such as Laksa, Pig Innards Soup, Fried Kway Teow etc for breakfast, lunch or dinner as they felt that they have exercised enough to deserve a good feast, so it’s ok to eat what they like.

Therefore, in my opinion, a regular exercise + healthy food intake + healthy attitude = healthy lifestyle (as the basic starter).

Ultra

yes I-RUN aims to be a way of life, a healthy lifestyle comprising regular exercise, sensible nutrition, and gaining knowledge through talks, seminars and sharing by the Health Promotion Board and its recommended health and sports partners. It seems that this wave is picking up in increasing health-conscious Singapore. The gals normally are more conscious of their health and outlook, and it is not surprising that more of them are embracing this way of life.

Well Done to Team FatBird !

I am proud of you all. Apart from talk, you guys/gals are taking the lead to contribute and help other new runners who taking up running as a form of exercise to keep fit and healthy. Giving your times to others and sharing with them. A great motivation to guide them.

Someone want to run but don't know how and no motivation at all.

I-Run session will definitely help and motivate them. The session is consistent and regular.

Keep up the good work and efforts, Team FatBird.

Cheers !

Kayano

terry reporting back again... missed two runs liao.. :D

yah, i noticed that :rolleyes:

welcome back Terry :)

Well Done to Team FatBird !

I am proud of you all. Apart from talk, you guys/gals are taking the lead to contribute and help other new runners who taking up running as a form of exercise to keep fit and healthy. Giving your times to others and sharing with them. A great motivation to guide them.

Someone want to run but don't know how and no motivation at all.

I-Run session will definitely help and motivate them. The session is consistent and regular.

Keep up the good work and efforts, Team FatBird.

Cheers !

Kayano

Titanium Sir, we have big plans for you :smilie_daumen1:

Rest well n recharge for the big show :)

i already did i-run science park and IBP and e people were great, but not this one yet..cuz same day as runninglab nyt runs...

i already did i-run science park and IBP and e people were great, but not this one yet..cuz same day as runninglab nyt runs...

earth,

nice to meet you at I-Run @ IBP.

Join this I-Run @ RP when you have the time on Tue or Thur.....but we don't have any fast rabbits for you okie, you will be the rabbit :Big Grin:

earth,

Join this I-Run @ RP when you have the time on Tue or Thur.....but we don't have any fast rabbits for you okie, you will be the rabbit :Big Grin:

hi dreamrunner..nice meeting u too....sure i will join RP one of these days...ok i will be e rabbit and u guys will be e cheetahs who will eat me up hehehe....see yah!

earth,

Wow...that is a fast speed.

Hmmm....this reminded me it's time to upgrade the MR time trial ranking again. "Horse" ....... where are you? ^_^

Hmmm....this reminded me it's time to upgrade the MR time trial ranking again. "Horse" ....... where are you? ^_^

Becareful old bone ! Don't stroke too much of ego into it. Be humble and do what you can and there is always a limit the body can take.

Cheers !

Kayano

earth,

hi dreamrunner..nice meeting u too....sure i will join RP one of these days...ok i will be e rabbit and u guys will be e cheetahs who will eat me up hehehe....see yah!

earth come join and run with us ok! See you around! hehe

out of the 4 i runs at RP, it was always cokiee conducting the warm up/down.... wonder who is the backup?

Someone.. KNOWS ME?!

omg.

but there's a rotational system la - any suggestions for improvements? (:

earth,

earth,

Great running n chit- chating with U n Ang till the 5km U-turn... U guys are fast... luckily got excuse to stop to U-turn the 5km Runners!! Din know yr Nick till Dream told me later after the run! ^_^ Come join us do the Sunday's Safra MF LSD or MR25 Prog Runs, these runs will provide faster rabbits for u catch!! :smilie_daumen1: Cya at i-run @ RP.

out of the 4 i runs at RP, it was always cokiee conducting the warm up/down.... wonder who is the backup?

auron,

Hmm.. sorry still dun know who u are, leh... U normally do 5km or 7km... :blink: Anyway, how to see U all as i am always the last one back!!! :redface: I-Runners are getting Faster!!! :Applause:

auron volunteering to help??

Auron is good in Stretching? he is welcome to teach us.. :) Cokiee, is very popular with the meimeis there mah, they are always crowding him for tips n advices!! haha.. i very jealous!! :lol:

Raven... U back!!... Jinzhou n Raven, Welcome to I-Run@PR... hehe.. it is very Fun n Friendly.. ^_^

earth,

earth,

Great running n chit- chating with U n Ang till the 5km U-turn... U guys are fast... luckily got excuse to stop to U-turn the 5km Runners!! Din know yr Nick till Dream told me later after the run! ^_^ Come join us do the Sunday's Safra MF LSD or MR25 Prog Runs, these runs will provide faster rabbits for u catch!! :smilie_daumen1: Cya at i-run @ RP.

auron,

Hmm.. sorry still dun know who u are, leh... U normally do 5km or 7km... :blink: Anyway, how to see U all as i am always the last one back!!! :redface: I-Runners are getting Faster!!! :Applause:

auron volunteering to help??

Auron is good in Stretching? he is welcome to teach us.. :) Cokiee, is very popular with the meimeis there mah, they are always crowding him for tips n advices!! haha.. i very jealous!! :lol:

Raven... U back!!... Jinzhou n Raven, Welcome to I-Run@PR... hehe.. it is very Fun n Friendly.. ^_^

now i usually do the 7km run. except i'm usually just behind the middle pack.

i'm definitely poor in stretching.. don't even know the muscle group name...

we can see that cokiee is very popular with the meimeis... maybe that is one of the reasons the number of ppl doing i run have been increasing.

Ultra

I believe that it is okay to eat everything but in moderation, even if it is sinful food. Most importantly, one has to balance it off by exercising regularly.

Hi DO..same here..nice meeting u!

i wud love to join those running sessions though, but im doing shiftwork (nytshift/dayshift)..sometimes i work weekends and holidays too...i will join your RP Safra MR runs if my time permits..

normally during my non-working weekends i do cycling interval workouts in e morning where less traffic and pollutions..

see ya!