Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

i-Run @ Singapore River Promenade

i don't think i saw wrongly.

if i remember correctly, he was wearing the same type of shirt as you and those running assistants... i think he wear spectacles. next time i try to single him out.

there was ostensibly only one other guy in the same top as i and the rest were - he was middle aged, average build?

wowowo..looks like more sgrunners goin to join the i-run..super cool! newae, like i've told the other run leaders/assistants, i wun be around for the next 2 weeks cos got ICT. So i will c ya all on the 29th July!

yo... my first i-run. have to say i enjoy the 5km run. is the number of runners that many like today?

luckily i did not attempt the 7km run, else would most probably will be the last runner to be back. i think there is not enough free drink to go around today.

nice to meet so many of the sgrunners. - cokiee, dreamrunner, brokie, mr brokie, acleong and some others that i could not remember your nicks.

frankly, it has been years that i did such warm-up and cool-down.

at most i will just do some swinging of the arms and jogging on the spot as warm-up. then i will start my jog.

after my jog, i will just walk around the premise to cool down, no proper cool-down at all.

n 1 more thing, today is the first time i've actually seen a heart rate of just 45 appearing on somebody polar watch before the run walking around the registration booth. then i go and check my heart rate on my polar watch. damn, it show 88, almost double the 45. u guys are really fit!

Auron,

it was nice to meet you too :)

Glad that you enjoyed the run, and the weather was just so nice last evening :smilie_daumen1:

Yes, the situation with the free drinks is that it was catered for a smaller group of about 70 averaging. But with the growing group of I-Runners @ River Promenade (it has grown to an average of 80+ runners, and it might just go to 100 one of these days), there aren't sufficient free drinks to go around, and our team of run leaders often times have to rely on our own drinks.

We have escalated this issue to the right channels, and we hope to have more drinks in future. Meanwhile, it will be good for those of you who are joining us for the runs to BYOD (Bring Your Own Drink) just in case. Your understanding is most appreciated.

Cheers!

We-Just-Run

wowowo..looks like more sgrunners goin to join the i-run..super cool! newae, like i've told the other run leaders/assistants, i wun be around for the next 2 weeks cos got ICT. So i will c ya all on the 29th July!

Ayin,

have a good ICT!

and as promised, Cokiee and DO will take care of the babes for you in your absence :)

if i remember correctly, he was wearing the same type of shirt as you and those running assistants... i think he wear spectacles. next time i try to single him out.

Auron.. pls that u enjoyed the I-Run... the Sky was kind to us.. she held up well!!! It's was a Cool n Shiokz Run!! Next Time try the 7km, will look out for U, No worries .... ^_^

Ayin.. U have fun clearing yr M16!! :lol: Cya soon....

there was ostensibly only one other guy in the same top as i and the rest were - he was middle aged, average build?

yup, avg build. definitely not those big size guy. he was wearing the polar rs200 watch also.

hee.. i juz realised i participated in the iRun on Tues 'accidentally'! it was really fun! all thanks to my colleague.. i think a lady asked her if she's here for the ???run (i didn't manage to catch what they were takling abt cos i was listening to my ipod) and my cheeky colleague said yes... we ended up following the grp n i was scolding my colleague along the way cos i thot it was so 'paiseh' n 'malu' to be running alongside with so many seasoned runners..we did the 5km run n it was fun!!

hahas well good that you had fun! (:

do join us this coming tuesday, then - personally i feel that its lotsa fun running in a group. (:

And if you do turn up, come say hi to us! (:

hee.. i juz realised i participated in the iRun on Tues 'accidentally'! it was really fun! all thanks to my colleague.. i think a lady asked her if she's here for the ???run (i didn't manage to catch what they were takling abt cos i was listening to my ipod) and my cheeky colleague said yes... we ended up following the grp n i was scolding my colleague along the way cos i thot it was so 'paiseh' n 'malu' to be running alongside with so many seasoned runners..we did the 5km run n it was fun!!

adonz.. come join us for more funs this wk... pls introduce yrself .. so we can get to know U! :)

wow 80+ runners what a sight & so much fun

i'll come next & try to run every tue as thur i join the funan running lab guys

feel free to! (: This tues you'll have a hunk leading the warmups and the post-run stretching.

HAHA.

okay back to reality. There's a rotund person doing those, but perhaps the good pace of some of the runners there will be incentive! (:

Just a queries, is there a sweeper for these run. My female colleague might not know the way & catch up.

definitely have! (: i've been there a number of times and i've always noticed that someone watches out for the last person around, or at least they try to.

Also the people who turn up seem rather friendly, and will not shoo runners away when one follows them, heh.

i think i have managed to find the picture of the low HR fellow at dreamrunner blog.

at the article "We Just Run", first picture. extreme left guy.

i think i have managed to find the picture of the low HR fellow at dreamrunner blog.

That's Eugene88!! :smilie_daumen1: He is the Coolest n Calmest Blue Cucumber!! ^_^

An interesting thing is that the number of female is the same as male if not more which is not the norm in other running events as there is a lot more men. Why?

Err, guys, how I wish to have should low resting HR.

But my polar is set to read % of max HR thus it was reading 45% when auron look at my watch.

Cheers

Eugene

That's Eugene88!! :smilie_daumen1: He is the Coolest n Calmest Blue Cucumber!! ^_^

EUGENE?!

OMG. i didnt know we have such a strong heart in our midst!

Err, guys, how I wish to have should low resting HR.

But my polar is set to read % of max HR thus it was reading 45% when auron look at my watch.

Cheers

Eugene

EUGENE?!

OMG. i didnt know we have such a strong heart in our midst!

haha... paiseh for all the confusion... i thought we have somebody like those tour de france rider who has low HR.

An interesting thing is that the number of female is the same as male if not more which is not the norm in other running events as there is a lot more men. Why?

i'm actually surprised - i thought there were more females!

I think this can be attributed to 2 factors - 1. The ladies feel that it is a friendly enough run, 2. The men feel that they don't need such runs - maybe too short.

(:

hahas well good that you had fun! (:

do join us this coming tuesday, then - personally i feel that its lotsa fun running in a group. (:

And if you do turn up, come say hi to us! (:

i'm looking forward to joining the I-Run on tuesday...Gonna be my 1st I-Run...

I think this can be attributed to 2 factors - 1. The ladies feel that it is a friendly enough run, 2. The men feel that they don't need such runs - maybe too short.

(:

maybe those seasoned men runners will go for runs like CDB run or running lab run or other run that i'm not aware of.

(:

maybe those seasoned men runners will go for runs like CDB run or running lab run or other run that i'm not aware of.

I'm inclined to think that men tend to train for competitive runs which are usually longer than the longest i-run distance whereas more ladies aim for cardio exercise for body sculpture which is sufficiently met by slow and short run.

anyway this is an initiative by HPB and not some running clubs...

to encourage more healthy lifestyle...

so distance of 3/5/7 km is good...

it would encourage casual runners to run more regularly... furthermore, there is free 100+ provided after the run.

it can be used as a quick midweek tempo run too! I can attest dat e pace upfront can be pretty fast!