Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

i-Run @ Singapore River Promenade

Another run to add to the collection of run along the Marina Promenade, organised by the HPB:

I-Run at Singapore River Promenade

"Put on your running shoes and join us for i-Run, a new initiative by HPB and SSC to help you set and meet your short-, mid- and long term fitness goals through running.

Designed for working adults, i-Run provides regular sessions to improve participant's physical fitness as well as running clinics to impart relevant knowledge on running techniques and prevention of running injuries.

Encourage your colleagues and employees to work towards incorporating running and physical activity as an integral part of a healthy lifestyle.

Make a date to join us on every Tuesday and Thursday!

Venue: Singapore River Promenade

Start Time: 6:30 PM

End Time: 7:30 PM"

I understand this run got free drinks. Distance is 3, 5 & 7km to cater to all different group of runners. Unfortunately now got no more free t-shirt but got nice handsome boi boi leading the warm up/cool down and run Baggage deposit available. Now also got 1 whole contingent of sgrunners to lead the run.

Understand they also have plan to include heart rate measurement before and after the run.

Pardon my bad geography, where is S'pore River Promenade?

I guess is beside the singapore river, in ront of UOB building where they had the Fitness@work earlier this year.

Wahsieh, the sgrunners has taken over the conduct of this run. Brokie, DO, Dream, AC, Ayin were the lead runners and jaga and Cookiee was the guy leading the warm up and cool down.

Many thanks to Cookiee for the educational warm up and cool down stretches. I am sure the many young ladies present are now swooning over the handsome young man who has taken over from the previous week's guy.

Wahsieh, the sgrunners has taken over the conduct of this run. Brokie, DO, Dream, AC, Ayin were the lead runners and jaga and Cookiee was the guy leading the warm up and cool down.

Many thanks to Cookiee for the educational warm up and cool down stretches. I am sure the many young ladies present are now swooning over the handsome young man who has taken over from the previous week's guy.

Tekko,

good that you and a few other SgRunners enjoyed the I-Run yesterday.

just some clarifications....the I-Run is a Health Promotion Board initiative, supported by the Singapore Sports Council. It is not a SgRunners initiative, and the few of us are actually leading the runs on behalf of the organizer of the run called Exer-Fit, who runs a series of fitness gyms.

We have just taken over the run leading, and barely into our first month of operations. We have seen good responses from the growing number of runners showing up. I actually planned to invite all SgRunners around the vicinity to join us for some good fun I-Runs when we have stabilized the crowd.

Stay Tuned.

Dream

Tekko,

Surprised to see you yesterday! I called out to you when you first went under the bridge toward the Esplanade, but you didn't hear me.

Pardon my bad geography, where is S'pore River Promenade?

I guess is beside the singapore river, in ront of UOB building where they had the Fitness@work earlier this year.

I have the running routes here for 3km and 5km.

The 7km route is similar to 5km, but u-turn at farther up along Singapore River.

Hi Tekko... Thanks for dropping by to support the I Run, yr sweet M really enjoyed the Stretching session!! ^_^

As Dream explained, the I-Run is a Health Promotion Board initiative and we just doing our part to share our Passion with City folks there. Hope more people can keep fit n healthy by taking up Running!

The present 3,5 and 7km routes are rather complicated with sharp turns, Hopefully the construction along the Esplanade Promenade can be completed soon, this route will be better!

Do come join us there, we will try our best to make every I-Run a enjoyable social experience!!! :)

Yesterday was my first time join the iRun, it was a very good run, I enjoy it very much, hope to join in next time when my work schedule is not that busy.

Also wanted to thanks those who help organize this even, really appreciate

Yesterday was my first time join the iRun, it was a very good run, I enjoy it very much, hope to join in next time when my work schedule is not that busy.

quincy, you didn't say hello to us?

So sorry, I definitely say hello next time when I'm there, infect I'm in your 5K group yesterday :tongue_smilie:

So sorry, I definitely say hello next time when I'm there, infect I'm in your 5K group yesterday :tongue_smilie:

wah quincy, so u were beo-ing RSM quietly arhh? :tongue_smilie:

you know who i am?

I was there too last night and managed to say Hi to quincy, Ayin, Cokiee, Broken Runner, DO, DreamRunner and PassionRunner.

I-Run is definitely fun and I will try my best to make it every tuesday and thursday for the run!

Thanks guys for making the run so fun and enjoyable! Hope the contingent grows bigger and better! :)

you know who i am?

ya he know liao cos I told him wahaha.. he's very shy like me :P

I was there too last night and managed to say Hi to quincy, Ayin, Cokiee, Broken Runner, DO, DreamRunner and PassionRunner.

I-Run is definitely fun and I will try my best to make it every tuesday and thursday for the run!

Thanks guys for making the run so fun and enjoyable! Hope the contingent grows bigger and better! :)

you know who i am?

oh! was he in blue and beside you during the cooling down session?

you know who i am?

now I know who liao....terry's friend, who enjoyed Cokiee's stretching so much :Big Grin:

you know who i am?

Brokie ... Yes.. he was standing next to Terry.. U r rite .. he was in Blue top!!! Jiejie, u got many young admirers now... :Tounge:

you know who i am?

Brokie ... Yes.. he was standing next to Terry.. U r rite .. he was in Blue top!!! Jiejie, u got many young admirers now... :Tounge:

excuse me, DO. don't make people puke big time hor!

wahaha u all wrong la... my friend he's not a sgrunner.. trying to get him to be one.. quincy was next to my friend.. :P

A big thank you to all those who led the run yesterday. I truly enjoyed it except for the few many sharp turns.

Also, thank you Cokiee for the warm up and cool down stretches. Very few runs have such stretches now (though its important).

Thank you DR for the ride ytd too!

Will join ya'll next Tuesday! Once again, :smilie_daumen1:

you know who i am?

haha all wrong, I was in orange top :)

you know who i am?

haha all wrong, I was in orange top :)

aiya! buay tahan! qunicy, make sure you come say hello to us so that we know who you are. okay?

yo... tomorrow still have?

still going to be lead by sgrunners ppl again?

i see the mapmyrun route, so many twist and turn for the 3k and 5k...