Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hino

Sunglasses

Hi,

Just want to ask around. When u guys wear a sunglasses for running, will the sunglass fog up? I just bought a Oakley Half-Jacket at $190 and was thinking of using it for my runs in the afternoon and evening.

Hi,

Just want to ask around. When u guys wear a sunglasses for running, will the sunglass fog up? I just bought a Oakley Half-Jacket at $190 and was thinking of using it for my runs in the afternoon and evening.

I would think not.

Since you bought it liao, can just wear and try it out. :)

it may actually...if u come out of a very cold aircon places....water will condense...maybe this one not counted...

if u are sweating in a very hot day and u look up...ur sunglass will fog

...oakley sport glass usually has very god ventilation...so as long as u dun look up...u should be ok...

Hi,

Specs/sunglasses normally should not fog up. the only thing that will happen is ur sweat get onto the lens then u get blurred/frosted images. wearing a headband to prevent sweat from forehead dripping onto lens should help.

BTW as mentioned in the earlier post in this thread, since u have bot ur oakleys, wear it.

i using the adidas gazelle so far no fogging .. it has ventilation holes for the air to flow thru!

Try using anti fog spray for swimming googles? Or coat both sides of the lens with gel toothpaste and rinse off with tap water.

Try using anti fog spray for swimming googles? Or coat both sides of the lens with gel toothpaste and rinse off with tap water.

Thanks guys! I'm still waiting for my sunglass to come from Australia. Will test out once I get them. I think wearing the sunglasses run will also keep out the dust and dirt from getting into my eyes. BTW, will it affect my vision during running?

Thanks guys! I'm still waiting for my sunglass to come from Australia. Will test out once I get them. I think wearing the sunglasses run will also keep out the dust and dirt from getting into my eyes. BTW, will it affect my vision during running?

I have been using Oakley sunglass for a few years now. Mine does not fog when i run but when i use them for cycling and everytime i stop at the red light it fogs. I find that my depth peception is affected when i just put them on and run. But after running a while i can adjust to it. I don't wear glasses but I don't know if those wearing glass encounter the same problem.

o i wear glasses, when you fit optics inside your sunglass, will get a warpping effect in your vision. After initial encounter, slowly you will adapt to it and the then won't get it anymore

Would like to ask u guys if the Asian Nose bomb is better? or the US nose bomb is betteR?

Can it be bought separately in Singapore?

where can i get the adidas glasses which are interchangeable?

is that the one with 2 sets of lens, one darken against the sun and the other for night use? The lens got waves along the perimeter.. think for ventilation one.

Would like to ask u guys if the Asian Nose bomb is better? or the US nose bomb is betteR?

Hi,

I am sorry to say this way, but running is more independent excercise even we sometimes need friends/ mates to run with. The answer of this kind of question is actually in you. Please decide by yourself which one is better for you when you wear. Obviously Oakley glasses have been designed to caucasian who has tall noses. so if we typical asian wears most of the model, the bottom edge of the frame will touch your cheek. Which will be the cause of foggy sight, or much worse your sweat will not drain. in order to avoid this, half jacket has two sizes of nose pieces.

about foggy kind of issue, also it depends on you, whether you experience or not, if not it is OK. If Yes, somebody in the forum can advise you if he/she know how to tackle it. just try first, then ask a opinion. the reason why I comment this way is basically for your sake. in fact there are lots of things you should consider and decide by yourself even in (a bit serious) running which is relatively simpler exercise for human. If you run a race, you have to plan the training menu / intensity, choose proper gear for maximizing your performance and minimizing your injury opportunities. Also you have to determine your diet, food / water intake (if necessary) during the race, pace management... lots of things. Of course there are several cases that he/she is really confused whether their decision is right or wrong. In such a case he/she should ask question and SGrunners' members can help to solve.

Hi,

I am sorry to say this way, but running is more independent excercise even we sometimes need friends/ mates to run with. The answer of this kind of question is actually in you. Please decide by yourself which one is better for you when you wear. Obviously Oakley glasses have been designed to caucasian who has tall noses. so if we typical asian wears most of the model, the bottom edge of the frame will touch your cheek. Which will be the cause of foggy sight, or much worse your sweat will not drain. in order to avoid this, half jacket has two sizes of nose pieces.

about foggy kind of issue, also it depends on you, whether you experience or not, if not it is OK. If Yes, somebody in the forum can advise you if he/she know how to tackle it. just try first, then ask a opinion. the reason why I comment this way is basically for your sake. in fact there are lots of things you should consider and decide by yourself even in (a bit serious) running which is relatively simpler exercise for human. If you run a race, you have to plan the training menu / intensity, choose proper gear for maximizing your performance and minimizing your injury opportunities. Also you have to determine your diet, food / water intake (if necessary) during the race, pace management... lots of things. Of course there are several cases that he/she is really confused whether their decision is right or wrong. In such a case he/she should ask question and SGrunners' members can help to solve.

Thanks for your reply. I'll try the glasses out on my run tomorrow afternoon.

you are welcome. However if you have questions regarding running, which you do not have an idea, please feel free to raise to this forum. many experienced runners can help you.

is that the one with 2 sets of lens, one darken against the sun and the other for night use? The lens got waves along the perimeter.. think for ventilation one.

Click here

Mine is a black and interchange with a clear len for night or very early morning use. So far used it for 3 marathons.

Cheers !

Kayano

Click here

Mine is a black and interchange with a clear len for night or very early morning use. So far used it for 3 marathons.

Cheers !

Kayano

Can your glasses make a person run faster or not?? Mine don't seem to be able to. :rolleyes:

it may actually...if u come out of a very cold aircon places....water will condense...maybe this one not counted...

...oakley sport glass usually has very god ventilation...so as long as u dun look up...u should be ok...

how does looking up fog the glasses har?

Click here

Cheers !

Kayano

Can your glasses make a person run faster or not?? Mine don't seem to be able to. :rolleyes:

wei! trencen! what kind of question is this har? hhahahah!

okay, i have a pair of oakley. the model is FOUR SMALL. i like it, it makes me look fierce! heh! but the problem is that although it is the smallest oakley i can find to fit me, it is still loose for me when i run with it and it tends to slide down my nose. i'm looking for another pair. I am eyeing a Rudy Project...... but this one very ex leh!

Click here

Cheers !

Kayano

It's all in the state of the mind. Sometime I ran, I imagine I am one of those ironman running towards the finish line...mine it just spur me to finish the race in style and strong. Saw a few youtube clip of the inroman racing in the race and thus mental with the picture in mind. They look kool with the glasses. So all in the state of the mind. It is all pyschological.

The clear lens help to keep my eyes from the dirt blow by the wind into my eyes and the dark lens shade me for the strong sunlight and add a protection to the eyes.

To run fast, you need to do interval speed work and uphill terrain and long run for endurance. Others experience runners in the forum can advise further and I have learnt from them.

All the best.

Cheers !

Kayano

Mine also fog up at the top one-third of the sunglasses lor.

I just dun wear it unless I am facing the sun. Solve the problem. :)

when u boil water...steam goes up right? u put ur sunglass above it...fog will form...same thing..when u are hot and steamnig and u look up, the evaporation from the eyes will be goes up to the lens

[quote name='kayano' post='174626' date='Jul 19 Can your glasses make a person run faster or not?? Mine don't seem to be able to. :rolleyes:

It's all in the state of the mind. Sometime I ran, I imagine I am one of those ironman running towards the finish line...mine it just spur me to finish the race in style and strong. Saw a few youtube clip of the inroman racing in the race and thus mental with the picture in mind. They look kool with the glasses. So all in the state of the mind. It is all pyschological.

The clear lens help to keep my eyes from the dirt blow by the wind into my eyes and the dark lens shade me for the strong sunlight and add a protection to the eyes.

To run fast, you need to do interval speed work and uphill terrain and long run for endurance. Others experience runners in the forum can advise further and I have learnt from them.

All the best.

Cheers !

Kayano

That (interval speed work), I need to work on.