Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acidburn

Velcro Ankle Strap for Championchip

Yeah. TAS is retailing it for $60.

Use it for 12 events that allows personal Champion Chip and you will get your money back. :)

how to get money back? you get discount when you use your own champion chip?

We got it from www.roadid.com

RoadID - S$34

VPOST - S$14

Total - S$$48

Delivery took about 2wks via VPOSTUSA.

Hi guys,

Where did you get your RoadID from?

How much does it costs?

Yeah. TAS is retailing it for $60.

Use it for 12 events that allows personal Champion Chip and you will get your money back. :)

how to get money back? you get discount when you use your own champion chip?

Yeah. Most TAS events give you $5 discount if you use your own champion chip

I use one of those wire fasteners, the type that binds cables together or toys to their cardboard boxes, loop it through the laces and voila. Releases in a flash and very secure. Free and works like a charm. :)

Received my Road ID yesterday, and I must say that their service is very fast. Wore it for my run yesterday with my personal championchip fasten to it. It is really very comfortable and light, as if I am not wearing it. Removing the Road ID and championchip in a flash. The 3M Scotchlite reflective material also does its job well, useful especially those like running in the night. Is definitely a cool product! :smilie_daumen1:

products_ankleID_black.jpg

Can the ChampionChip be attached to this RoadID thingy?

Can. Very secure and taking it out in a breeze.

Can the ChampionChip be attached to this RoadID thingy?

So any of you guys use cable tie to secure the championchip on your shoes?

I would like to know how you take off the tie to release the chip after the race, do you run with a cutter?

maybe next time, shoe makers should have a standard pocket in the tongue of shoes to insert champion chips!

maybe next time, shoe makers should have a standard pocket in the tongue of shoes to insert champion chips!

this idea is good! :Big Grin:

A short wire fastener looped thru the laces. Run it thru both 'wings' of the chip, 2-3 twists and voila, secure against the shoe. When done, untwist and release. I should take a picture.

Patent it and sell it to the major brands. :P

don't need cable tie, kano.

just let the lace go through the Champion Chip (can go through a few time if you ks) and continue with normal lacing.

sorry, i am not very good with words.

just let the lace go through the Champion Chip (can go through a few time if you ks) and continue with normal lacing.

thought they think it is troublesome to use the shoelaces

Ya lor....that is the purpose of this thread.....lol!!!

But the thing is I got no laces. Using the BOA technology. So I'm just wondering how to secure the chip during AHM. Haha...

Nike has already designed such shoes where it has a built-in pocket under the insole specially engineered for the Nike + iPod sensor. Maybe we can also used it for the championchip. :)

gearshoedrawing20060523.png

Then get the RoadID :)

But the thing is I got no laces. Using the BOA technology. So I'm just wondering how to secure the chip during AHM. Haha...

Nike has already designed such shoes where it has a built-in pocket under the insole specially engineered for the Nike + iPod sensor. Maybe we can also used it for the championchip. :)

gearshoedrawing20060523.png

Then get the RoadID :)

ok thanks.

i'm too stingy to pay for a gadget to strap another gadget to my shoes - afterall, we only use champion chip during races...

i use yankee's method to secure the champion chip, after the race, instead of squatting down (and risk fainting or cramping) i take out the whole shoe and and remove it standing up...

:D

I would like to know how you take off the tie to release the chip after the race, do you run with a cutter?

I always use cable tie. Sure got marshal with scissors to cut. If don't have than we get to keep the chip lor :Big Grin:

A short wire fastener looped thru the laces. Run it thru both 'wings' of the chip, 2-3 twists and voila, secure against the shoe. When done, untwist and release. I should take a picture.

I used this before as well. Was so scare the wire will come loose keep on glancing down at my foot every few steps to make sure it is still there. Make the wire longer? Don't like so many loose threads, wire etc sticking out all over the place.

But having said that, this is a feasible and good idea though.

I always use cable tie. Sure got marshal with scissors to cut. If don't have than we get to keep the chip lor :Big Grin:

okok.. power...

I used this before as well. Was so scare the wire will come loose keep on glancing down at my foot every few steps to make sure it is still there. Make the wire longer? Don't like so many loose threads, wire etc sticking out all over the place.

But having said that, this is a feasible and good idea though.

I have always used this method. The chip is removed in seconds without untying shoelaces. To be more secure, just twist the wire fastener a few more rounds. Cheap and good.