Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acidburn

Velcro Ankle Strap for Championchip

Anyone knows where to get this velcro ankle strap to secure the championchip on the ankle instead of using the shoelace?

It will be a fast way to take it out after the race to return it to the organizer.

ankle_strap1_small.jpg

ankle_strap2_small.jpg

Anyone knows where to get this velcro ankle strap to secure the championchip on the ankle instead of using the shoelace?

It will be a fast way to take it out after the race to return it to the organizer.

ankle_strap1_small.jpg

ankle_strap2_small.jpg

I guess it must be expensive..

Why dont just go buy some elastic band

I guess they would be cheaper and once used just throw them away

ankle_strap1_small.jpg

ankle_strap2_small.jpg

The race organisers in Thailand usually provide this and they deploy sweet young things to remove it from the runners as soon as they cross the finish line. Don't how theyr recover the chips from those don't make it there though.

I think its not difficult to DIY. The velcro and buckles should be available at Beach Road.

ankle_strap1_small.jpg

ankle_strap2_small.jpg

are those asic shoes ? wat model is tat .. ? looks old school..

but nice !

I think its not difficult to DIY. The velcro and buckles should be available at Beach Road.

Be careful of the material you use if DIY. Make sure they don't cause abrasions.

Doesn't the championchip company sell them? I mean, logically if you do purchase a personal championchip you'd get one of those too, and if they're in production they should be for sale.

but then again my logic is flawed, heh.

just throwing some suggestions!

moin people

i saw in the mikatiming (championchip) website that it is selling the velcro ankle strap (vas) for 8 euro (abt 16 dollars) and another sportshop (runners point) is selling the vas for 4 euro here in germany.

OP - have personal championchip and rather tie it to the shoelaces. have bad experiences wearing vas.

OP - have personal championchip and rather tie it to the shoelaces. have bad experiences wearing vas.

Agree.

Instead of getting the strap, just get your own Yellow Champion Chip. I have my own personal chip as well. It's yours; forever.

moin people

i saw in the mikatiming (championchip) website that it is selling the velcro ankle strap (vas) for 8 euro (abt 16 dollars) and another sportshop (runners point) is selling the vas for 4 euro here in germany.

ya lor.... tie it to the shoelace very difficult meh?

how much does a champion chip cost?

Agree.

Instead of getting the strap, just get your own Yellow Champion Chip. I have my own personal chip as well. It's yours; forever.

Yeah. TAS is retailing it for $60.

Use it for 12 events that allows personal Champion Chip and you will get your money back. :)

moin people

TAS Shop

Not difficult, but after running a super long distance, with your tired body, you still have to bent down to untied it, and tied back your shoelace. If there is an easier and faster way, why not.

Not difficult, but after running a super long distance, with your tired body, you still have to bent down to untied it, and tied back your shoelace. If there is an easier and faster way, why not.

hmm.... that's not a problem for me at all.

well, if using a velcro is easier for you then by all means go get one. the risk now is losing that expensive strap lor.

Ya ya! I second that Brokie. I remember the first time they introduced this championchip thingy in our inter-school races, alot of the participants dropped it in the sea though it is the velcro kind (I don't know how strong and how long the velcro can last la). It's more convenient, but if you lose it, then can go and bang wall already. :frusty:

i did see at isetan sports section selling strap for fixing the championchip. alternative is to buy your own chip which comes with a strap. last option is to use any velcro strap but if the distance is long even up to 10km you may end up abrasion and skin burn from the strap... so best invest a little.

The RoadID ankle band is constructed with comfortable neoprene, so there wont be any abrasion or even have, should be very minimal.

last option is to use any velcro strap but if the distance is long even up to 10km you may end up abrasion and skin burn from the strap... so best invest a little.

Didn't know it can be so troublesome for some ppl to untie a chip from the shoelace...

For me, no problem leh... I spend 1 hr running 10km, so what is 1 min just to remove the chip? In fact whenever I drive to somewhere for a run, I always tie my car key to my shoelace... so used to it already.

btw, don't be mislead by the illustration in the instruction and tie the chip at the first loop of the shoelace. Instead, tie it at the end so you don't need to remove so many loops hor... :Big Grin:

Maybe you are fitter :) Btw, most running shorts has a small pocket in it, why don't you put it there?

I've tied a dead knot on my shoelace so that it will not come off loose. And the shoe tighteness is tighten based on my comfortness. Once tied, I will not untied or adjust it anymore. And it took me 2 or 3 runs to get the right tighteness and comfortness.

So with this ankle strap, I won't have to touch my laces anymore. I do not know of others, maybe this is just me only. This will be a great product for me, without having to touch my laces. And also to take off the championchip easily too.

Didn't know it can be so troublesome for some ppl to untie a chip from the shoelace...

For me, no problem leh... I spend 1 hr running 10km, so what is 1 min just to remove the chip? In fact whenever I drive to somewhere for a run, I always tie my car key to my shoelace... so used to it already.

btw, don't be mislead by the illustration in the instruction and tie the chip at the first loop of the shoelace. Instead, tie it at the end so you don't need to remove so many loops hor... :Big Grin:

Received my Road ID yesterday, and I must say that their service is very fast. Wore it for my run yesterday with my personal championchip fasten to it. It is really very comfortable and light, as if I am not wearing it. Removing the Road ID and championchip in a flash. The 3M Scotchlite reflective material also does its job well, useful especially those like running in the night. Is definitely a cool product! :smilie_daumen1:

products_ankleID_black.jpg

Received my Road ID yesterday, and I must say that their service is very fast. Wore it for my run yesterday with my personal championchip fasten to it. It is really very comfortable and light, as if I am not wearing it. Removing the Road ID and championchip in a flash. Is definitely a cool product! :smilie_daumen1:

products_ankleID_black.jpg

My Road ID starts to have some yellow stains occurred from the engraved words on the metal blade. I wonder whether it is rust proof.

The metal blade is made of stainless steel, it is just dirt not rust. Maybe you can use an old toothbrush and some soap to see whether you can wash it off a not.

Btw, do you wash your RoadID after each run?

My Road ID starts to have some yellow stains occurred from the engraved words on the metal blade. I wonder whether it is rust proof.