Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wildcat

Movie Outing - Aug Movie

I'll be interested to watch the following, anyone else? Let's hook up. Actually most of these movies start today already.

The Flying Scotsman, about the cyclist who battled thru depression to become one of the more reknowned cyclist. Only showing in certain cinemas like GV Europa and Cathay.

Die Hard 4.0, I loved the last three. Bruce Willis in his concrete jungle.

Transformers, no brainer.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Japanese anime for animation of the year, and a lot more awards. About a 17-year old with the ability to leap backward thru time, and shaping the future. Only Cathay.

Darwin's Nightmare, another academy award nominee, about a fish which ate other fishes. Yeah, right. Only Cathay.

Hot Fuzz

Surf's Up (most likely will rent this from DVD if no one interested)

Eye In The Sky (most likely will rent this from DVD also if no one interested)

List of cinemas

http://www.cathay.com.sg/cp_nowshowing.html

http://www.engwah.com.sg/showing/shw_intro.asp

http://www.gv.com.sg/movies.jsp

Movie: Transformers

Venue: to be confirm

Date: to be confirm

1. Ripley

2. fennel

3. fennel's friend

Wah!!! Already lined up the movies you wanna see...... need movies kaki..... look for Ripley can liow.... her list of wan-to-watch will probably be longer then yours!!!

But I must say your list looks good!!! :)

Saw the trailers for Transformers.... MAN... LOOKS MORE FANTASTIC THEN THE FANTASTIC FOUR!!!

Hee hee... and I've always enjoyed the Die Hard series.....

The rest... don't really know? so you recommend that them... must be not bad right? .... hmmm.....

lets all go and DIE HARD? i also like it. did i watch all three har?

i was very captivated by transformer too.... no brainer movie is sometimes easier to watch.... very easy on the brain la.

the second the spoiler came on, my son knew it was transformer. how he knows ar? i don't let him watch this kind of cartoons you know.

wah... such a long movie list!!!

anyway, i watched darwin's nightmare... damn good... you can see how lucky we are here in singapore... <_<

transformer? i'm watching tomorrow nite @ cathay!!! din wanna organise this cos i'm so so so afriad it will take some time before we decide anything... :P

surf's up? i'm watching this sunday with my godson after the progressive run... hopefully i won't fall asleep... :P

die hard? watching next week...

flying scotsman? hopefully can catch this weekend too...

sotong, my list not longer lah... cos i not watching hot fuzz... eye in the sky... the girl that leapt through time... nancy drew...

anyway, dun forget harry potter on 12 jul!!!

transformers is simply the best action movie of the year!!! action starts from the start till the very end... there's no one scene that's too slow...

i can't wait to watch it again... and have to catch the digital version at the grand cathay... the effects are stunning and awesome!!! yeah!!

:smilie_daumen1: :Applause: :cheers: :Peace:

transformers is simply the best action movie of the year!!! action starts from the start till the very end... there's no one scene that's too slow...

i can't wait to watch it again... and have to catch the digital version at the grand cathay... the effects are stunning and awesome!!! yeah!!

I'm looking forward to watching Transformer in HK too

Blurmax

Haha... I just posted a question in another topic about whether you had watched transformers :P I FULLY AGREE that it is one of the top action movies this year!! I caught it on opening night as well, at Orchard Cineleisure... the CGI effects were amazing, and the characterisation of Optimus Prime and the other autobots was amazing :D Highly recommended! :cheers:

Haha... I just posted a question in another topic about whether you had watched transformers :P I FULLY AGREE that it is one of the top action movies this year!! I caught it on opening night as well, at Orchard Cineleisure... the CGI effects were amazing, and the characterisation of Optimus Prime and the other autobots was amazing :D Highly recommended! :cheers:

yeah! just read it too...

i caught it at the grand cathay... and wow... the sound is as though you are in the battlefield itself... yeah man... i love Optimus Prime too... and Bumblebee... so cute that he has feelings... :P i wish he's my car... :Big Grin: i'm giving it a 11/10 - out of this world rating...

for those still wondering if you should watch, check out the official website... :smilie_daumen1:

TRANSFORMERS

i caught it at the grand cathay... and wow... the sound is as though you are in the battlefield itself... yeah man... i love Optimus Prime too... and Bumblebee... so cute that he has feelings... :P i wish he's my car... :Big Grin: i'm giving it a 11/10 - out of this world rating...

for those still wondering if you should watch, check out the official website... :smilie_daumen1:

TRANSFORMERS

Second that, watch too on the opening day. Brought back alot of memory.

This is only the begining and more to come.

:smilie_daumen1:

TRANSFORMERS

actually, it din bring me back any memory... :Big Grin: but my brother was saying that they did not have the same title song/music? :/

flying scotsman? hopefully can catch this weekend too...

Caught the "Flying Scotsman" yesterday. Don't want to review too much but :smilie_daumen1: (in my opinion).

Cheers

TRANSFORMERS

actually, it din bring me back any memory... :Big Grin: but my brother was saying that they did not have the same title song/music? :/

I believe he meant the cartoon version title music.

By the way, TSC is showing a re-run of transformer on Kids Central.

I believe he meant the cartoon version title music.

By the way, TSC is showing a re-run of transformer on Kids Central.

yeap... and thanks!!!

wah wah wah.... so many big kids here hor!

now i really feel like watching. where is grand cathay?

grand cathay is the biggest hall in "The Cathay"... next to plaza singapura...

this is a must-see movie!!! :smilie_daumen1: :Big Grin:

must watch "the flying scotsman" too... great movie as well... okie, i know its not the best but i like such sporting movies... besides, i like johnny lee miller... since the days of hackers... :Big Grin:

must watch "the flying scotsman" too... great movie as well... okie, i know its not the best but i like such sporting movies... besides, i like johnny lee miller... since the days of hackers... :Big Grin:

the hackers you are talking about are they those who hack computers or hack people?

er... i suaku.... who is johnny lee miller? i know who ralph fiennes is. :Big Grin:

Johnny Lee Miller is Johnny walker's brother lor. No la..kidding.... kekeke he is an actor la. The name you mentioned are all actors. Give a goggle search and you will find out all about it. :)

the hackers you are talking about are they those who hack computers or hack people?

er... i suaku.... who is johnny lee miller? i know who ralph fiennes is. :Big Grin:

he stars opposite angelina jolie in hackers, quite good looking

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001538/

have you watch the movie? another movie outing? hehe

Got an email from SAFRA this morning.

There will be movie tickets up for grabs for the Harry Potter movie for SAFRA members.

I've seen The Flying Scotsman and though I loved it and so did another friend of mine who's actually totally familiar with the rules of UCI, how the tucked in and superman positions came about, and how difficult it is really to do the Hour Record as well as the World Pursuit Championship... etc. yeap, it's all these technicalities which may not only confuse but makes the movie a bit more difficult to appreciate.

You should probably step into the cinema understanding Scotsman speak with heavy accented Scottish English (never call him an Englishman!) and that Graeme Obree had bipolar disorder.

The movie is more about Graeme coping with his bipolar disorder, and also how he overcame the resistance from the cycling authorities.

ooops... yeah... i watched it last nite... quite impromptu after i got the tickets for die hard (this friday) and harry potter (next friday)... :tongue_smilie: and i'm going to watch transformer again, most likely this thursday... :Big Grin:

There will be movie tickets up for grabs for the Harry Potter movie for SAFRA members.

i can't wait to win movie tickets... i rather go buy and choose the seats myself... :tongue_smilie:

ooops... yeah... i watched it last nite... quite impromptu after i got the tickets for die hard (this friday) and harry potter (next friday)... :tongue_smilie: and i'm going to watch transformer again, most likely this thursday... :Big Grin:

i can't wait to win movie tickets... i rather go buy and choose the seats myself... :tongue_smilie:

haha, watch twice :P

I've seen The Flying Scotsman and though I loved it and so did another friend of mine who's actually totally familiar with the rules of UCI, how the tucked in and superman positions came about, and how difficult it is really to do the Hour Record as well as the World Pursuit Championship... etc. yeap, it's all these technicalities which may not only confuse but makes the movie a bit more difficult to appreciate.

You should probably step into the cinema understanding Scotsman speak with heavy accented Scottish English (never call him an Englishman!) and that Graeme Obree had bipolar disorder.

The movie is more about Graeme coping with his bipolar disorder, and also how he overcame the resistance from the cycling authorities.

yeah... one thing i forgotten to mention is that johnny lee miller, being an true englishman (he's born in kingston, surrey) did sound very scottish indeed! i'm always amazed by actors who can learn to speak in a certain accent... (billy boyd, the other actor is from glasgow)... but of course, the english is still very understandable as compared to SAF... :tongue_smilie:

and yeah, i din know about the superman positions... so it is still ban? why? :/