Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dragonchua

Need some advice

Today... I ran ard bedok reservoir outer lane 1 rd which is abt 4.8km ..... after 1 day of rest....

I ran the first 2.4km at my pace of 2 min/400m and then after that reached the hill and felt quite breathless...

So... i took a sip of water and carried on.... at a very slow pace back to my house....

My aim is very simple... to actually finish a 5km distance at abt 26 mins hopefully by end of this yr

Any advice on how i should carry on from here thx alot ...

I think that one way would be for you to extend your pace for the 2.4 by a little bit more progressively for each subsequent run. So the next run should be at that pace for 2.8 and one or two runs later, maintain the same pace for 3.2 and so on and so forth. Eventually you should be able to hit the 5k/26min mark.

Today... I ran ard bedok reservoir outer lane 1 rd which is abt 4.8km ..... after 1 day of rest....

I ran the first 2.4km at my pace of 2 min/400m and then after that reached the hill and felt quite breathless...

So... i took a sip of water and carried on.... at a very slow pace back to my house....

My aim is very simple... to actually finish a 5km distance at abt 26 mins hopefully by end of this yr

Any advice on how i should carry on from here thx alot ...

yea no prob.....in fact 26mins on flat course is a timing that can be further improved on.you should try to amin for 10km. all the best

hmm... can u share some experience on how u could improve on the 5km and move on to the 10km? thx a lot man

you can try to run the distance at a constant pace...don't go too fast for the first half and then have to walk the most part of the 2nd half...

once you know your comfortable pace, then you try to improve your timing...in this way, you are likely to enjoy running more

:)

you can try to run the distance at a constant pace...don't go too fast for the first half and then have to walk the most part of the 2nd half...

once you know your comfortable pace, then you try to improve your timing...in this way, you are likely to enjoy running more

:)

Yes...listen to the Ironman! :cool_grin:

oh yea definitely would try out ur advice :hail: ironman wor

don't :hail: me...

you don't know SC5...

the many-time-ironman calling the not-yet-become-ironman-guy "ironman" <_<

just went for a run ard bedok reservoir... 5km... 27min 30 secs .... still had energy for another another 5km .. but did not carry on due to shin injury...

just went for a run ard bedok reservoir... 5km... 27min 30 secs .... still had energy for another another 5km .. but did not carry on due to shin injury...

that's a good start... :smilie_daumen1: but remember to warm up and cool down before & after your run... :)

yea man... will do my warm up and cool down ... maybe tuesday then try 10km =)

Wont advise you to do that, increasing from 5km to 10km is 100% increase in mileage. The concept of increasing mileage is progressive overloading, not overloading. If you want, advise you to do 6.5-7km next, otherwise you are opening doors for injuries to come in.

"shin injury". I think that the seriousness of this injury should give you an indication of how far you can push youself. Take care.

"shin injury". I think that the seriousness of this injury should give you an indication of how far you can push youself. Take care.

hmm.... abt the shin injury... it got better after the run .... no idea why :unsure:

did a sweet 6.5km today :Tounge:

well done - very soon you will look back and say 6.5km is such a short run... :)

well done - very soon you will look back and say 6.5km is such a short run... :)

Hahahahaha....very soon u will say 42km is also a short run....u normally will do 42km after a 3.8km swim and a 180km bike ride.... :tongue_smilie:

Hahahahaha....very soon u will say 42km is also a short run....u normally will do 42km after a 3.8km swim and a 180km bike ride.... :tongue_smilie:

:hail: nice encouragement from ironman (SC5) and "ironman" (gentle)... Thx a lot~!

LOL

i run 42km so many times, *ahem* but always find it sooooooo long...

haha i will take it slow and steady.... 42km quite long for me now :Worried:

No worries...few years back, I only run 5km each time....but after getting affected by all these "seow lang", I also became another "seow lang"...